1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

IF Melo goes on the trade block, should the Rockets get him?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by torocan, Nov 20, 2013.

1. Play07

Play07 Member

West is solid i like him, but just this season MELO 28pts 8.6reb / WEST 14pts 6.5reb, MELO is a better shooter and rebounder, MELO actually is not that bad on post D when playing the 4 because of his size, just like harden they both have good body's to hold their ground while getting posted up, they just struggle with chasing guys around.

MELO is saying all the right things lately if you listen to him, he wants Knicks to get him help so he won't have to be a ball dominate guy, can you blame a guy taking all those shots playing with J.R, bargs, Felton, shumpert ? he said he is willing to take less money for the Knicks to get this done. He only cares about winning a ring. if morey can pull him in for $17-18mill this summer you have to do it. Bosh took a back seat in MIA to win I see MELO ok with doing that.

2. Hardensway

Hardensway Member

This pic looks like it can belong to this thread.

[​IMG]

3. verysimplejason

Trade for Melo? Yes, without blinking an eye but if and only if Bosh, LMA, LBJ or KD aren't available. Given the probability, I'd rather trade for Bosh. Aside from being cheaper, he's a very good fit for the Rockets. He'll be able to start at PF and be a backup C when Dwight sits. He has range and is quite capable defensively. Rondo is also quite a nicer acquisition than Melo for the Rockets considering the needs of this team.

4. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

With all this Melo to Chicago chatter, this is the leverage Melo can use to force a sign and trade to Houston. i.e. Lin, Asik and TJones to NY for Melo. That is, if Melo wants to come here.

5. hardenisaboss

hardenisaboss Member

Good analysis overall, and I wouldn't mind getting Melo, but I wouldn't congratulate Morey for the move either. It's an iffy move, that imo has a higher chance of failing than succeeding. We have something special with this team and I want to see how high it can go before we break it up.