1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

IF Melo goes on the trade block, should the Rockets get him?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by torocan, Nov 20, 2013.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Melo is a cancer, I wouldn't want him on the Rockets even if they could pick him up for nothing.

2. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Melo has the second highest win shares in the league.

He would immediately put this team as the favorites, and that would be so even after dumping Jones, Asik and Lin to the Knicks which I think it would ultimately take.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

We're not playing 2k, chemistry matters. Melo is a ball hog that plays no defense, what do you think would happen if he wasn't getting as many touches as he likes because of Harden and Howard? Let Melo be someone else's problem.

4. CCorn

CCorn Member

Melo is second in win shares? That's crazy because his team has very few wins.

5. Play07

Play07 Member

at PF he plays about same D as jones minus the blocks, he's also a better rebounder, he's actually been a hog down low on the boards this year from what I've watched. Wayyyy better offensive player than jones we good stretch things out, no one would want to leave parsons, melo, harden, open NO ONE. Pick & pop game would be money with melo brings something new to our offense.

Melo doesn't have help in NY that's why he shoots a lot, if you read my earlier article from him yesterday, he says he's willing to take a paycut to be on a contender, said he will take less to resign with Knicks if they can bring in guys to help him get a ring. We have those guys in Houston already, all we need is the paycut & he's willing to take it as of now.

If we don't trade for him, morey will go after him this summer if he moves asik + Lin someway, you can bet on that.

6. tmacfor35

Shows how bad his supporting cast is. The second best player on the Knicks this year might be Penny Hardaway's kid.

7. Play07

Play07 Member

He's not going to wait on love 2015 if he can get melo 2014 and he's already saying he will take a paycut & just wants to be on a contender.

Love probably will want max & just go to LA. Signing love for max leaves no room to help bench. With H & H already on big contracts

8. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

Why does everyone say this? If you put up 40 points a game and your team still lost, I don;t think you'd be too happy about it either. Winning solves everything, I'm sure he would be more than happy to give up some touches if it meant he would win some games. Plus having someone like Melo would help a ton in the playoffs when the game slows down.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He wasn't just a cancer with the Knicks, he was a cancer with the Nuggets before that. He's just awful in the locker room and he's a ball hog on the court. If I could have any one player from the Knicks, it would be Tim Hardaway Jr, not Melo.

10. Hardensway

Hardensway Member

Yes, get melo. Third star = instant champions.

11. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

I still wouldn't bet against the Thunder

12. Moahst

Moahst Member

We already have a scorer. I think a guy like Iguodala would provide more for this team than a guy like Melo.

13. tmacfor35

We would instantly be a matchup nightmare for the Thunder.

14. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

Maybe, but Durant still scares the **** out of me.

15. Play07

Play07 Member

Doesn't sound like a cancer to me, just a guy that wants to play on a contender & play with players who can help take load off his back.

16. tmacfor35

You get a scorer in Melo who can match him point for point, while having a significant interior player like Howard who can own the post. Harden would need to facilitate more to make this team elite.

17. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

Melo can't match him point for point though, Melo is a great player, but Durant is a different kind of animal. Also Dwight can't own the post, even though he is terrible at most things, Perkins has Dwight's number.

18. vator

vator Contributing Member

Tim Hardaway...of Run TMC fame and owner of the Utep 2 Step aka the Killer Crossover which was one of the most lethal and devestating dribble drive moves the NBA has ever seen.

19. tmacfor35

I think you are severely underrating Melo. He is on par with Durant offensively. I still don't think this trade is happening. If it does though, this team would be a huge disappointment if they didn't win a championship this year.

20. tmacfor35

Yeah, I messed that up. I for some reason thought it was Penny's kid until I saw Jr's face, or the fact his name is Tim jr du du du durrrr..