1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

IF Melo goes on the trade block, should the Rockets get him?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by torocan, Nov 20, 2013.

1. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Absolutely...

Harden
    Carmelo
    Dwight

would be a dynasty...

2. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

People are going to come in here and say it wouldn't be possible with Harden being so ball dominate, but on the contrary. Harden has shown to be a willing passer and would be the PG/SG in the line aways. Melo is still a better prolific scorer then Harden and he recognizes this. It would be said to see the current teams evolving chemistry go away but this possibility is more than just worth it for the long run.

3. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

Fail.

It would never happen.

Dolan has too much ego to get Lin back.

4. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

I think Dolan freaked out at the luxury tax hit and didn't quite have the best team of assistance to help him with the numbers and whether or not they would conflict with the possibility of signing another superstar free-agent etc... With the way things are looking, if Melo chose to left he would more than be happy to get Lin back. But it wouldn't be just Lin coming back in that trade. Parsons, of course Asik, Jones/Montejunas would also be gone as well.

The thing is Melo has a wife that is more than confident the man will stay with the Knicks. The championship is more of an after thought to Melo and Lala. As long as they stay in the spot light and eventually have their own spin off show off the Kardashians they would be more than content. I remember when Melo was with the Nuggets and signed a contract extension for not the best money he could get with less than desirable circumstances (mediocre team) to stay and he just couldn't say no to the contract siting his poverty stricken upbringing.

5. amaru

amaru Member

I love Melo's talent, but his contract would hamper the team. PASS

6. beastlyball

beastlyball Member

No way would we give up Harden. Melo contract is a time bomb for the Knicks so they need to move him. I don't see why we should give up a star for a star, when their star is unhappy, and ours is just fine where he is.

7. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

He would have to take less money in a signing his off season after not taking his player option. But as mentioned before, I think a championship is just the icing on the cake fore Carmelo and not a necessity for a fulfilling career. The man listens to his wife and stays in New York and would rather make a run for a reality series.

8. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

You guys are high as hell if you think the Knicks are trading Carmelo for a package based around Lin and Asik.

Last time I checked they still have Tyson Chandler locked up for 14.5 mil next year. Do you really think they are going to love the thought of paying 30 million for Asik and Tyson Chandler? Do you really think Dolan is going to jump on getting Lin back so he can pay him 15 million next year?

9. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

He's been in the top 5 in usage the last 8 years, and has a career high of 3.8 assists. He'd be a ballhog here.

10. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

A hyper efficient ball hog...

11. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Simple Answer

NO, what we need is a wing defender

12. Soft Takes

Soft Takes Rookie

You don't watch much bball do you? Melo is not efficient at all, settles for a lot of contested jump shots/doesn't pass. There is a reason the Knicks are still bombing even in the eastern conference

13. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

Money is not even the main consideration. Dolan would rather have the Knicks tank than get Lin back. That's how offended he is.

14. cn0gd

cn0gd Member

3 guys fighting for the ball everyone wanna be the alpha dog would be a good show. yes?

15. Crunchyball

Crunchyball Rookie

16. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I feel like if Dwight, Harden and Melo were on the same team there would only be two possible outcomes:

1. Epic failure as their egos collide and they constantly bicker about shot opportunities.

or

2. Multiple trophies.

Melo ain't the perfect player by any means, but when he's hot he's probably the most unstoppable scorer in the league now that Kobe is over the hill.

17. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

LOL... Durant is and will be the most prolific scorer in the league bar none for a long time to come and it's not even close.

18. Exiled

Exiled Member

Asik+Lin = 30 million. V. melo ! Isiah thomas is. No longer running the Knicks

19. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Well, the first thing I'd say is that you're obviously entitled to your opinion. But to say the number one and number two scorers in the league "aren't even close" is kind of silly in my opinion. Lebron is third. I suppose he's not even close either.

Durant is definitely fantastic. And I agree he's both more efficient and more consistent than Melo. But that's why I specified when Melo is hot.

I feel like you must be forgetting when Melo scored 62 this year. I think he could have gone for 70 if they didn't take him out early due to it being a blow out. Durant's highest output is 54.

I think Durant is a superior player, but man, when Melo is hot it's just nuts. He is tied with George Gervin for the most points in a quarter (33) and he holds the record for the most consecutive points scored in a game (26). Last April, he had a stretch where he had 3 consecutive 40 point games.

I may have been a bit hyperbolic to put him over Durant, but it's hardly LOLable. Melo is a killer when he's hot.

20. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

How about if I told you I played a pick up game of basketball against Durant as a child the summer of 2000 at Jefferson District Park in Falls Church, VA? It did happen, not sure if Durant remembers it or not.