1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If mcgrady shoots another horrible percentage in game 7

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by melo061, May 4, 2007.

1. melo061

melo061 Member

will you consider him to be a loser?

I'm very hesistant to call mcgrady a choker because he hasn't excatly had good playoff teams in the past. But this year there are no execuses for the Rockets to lose. And he said "it's on me"

2. Barkley

Barkley Member

Well he said but he cannot score 100 points alone and win game. It's on our team ( I mean all players and coach). If.....There is no "if". Just come on the court and play great basketball with a great energy. Hopefully T-Mac wil get to the 2nd round this year and we'll get a great win in Game 7

There are no execuses for Dallas. The had the best record in this leauge and...They lost to the 8th Warriors. That shows you that Dir(c)k is not a MVP or a leader. He is a choker :D

3. MoonWalker

MoonWalker Member

i wish tmac would take it to the rim instead of just throwing them up

4. lovemtracy

lovemtracy Member

I still believe in tmac and think he will make adjustments in the next game. Also, he needs support from his teammates. Yao should play stronger and try to reduce his turnovers, Battier should turn tmac' passing into 3 pointers.
    It takes five not one to win a game. Go, Rockets men!

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

He needs to mix in some jumpers with his drives, but I just wish he would HIT some of them.

DD

6. bbjai

bbjai Member

well
    Legler on ESPN said exactly the same thing, if Mcgrady shoots a horrible % they will lose. He won't guys, its home court its different he'll ramp it up. Put some positivity into it. Utah are one of the best home teams in the league.

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I wanna see this special "Playoff Tracy" so many here kept saying would show up in the playoffs. You know, he was supposed to attack the basket, shred defenses, draw fouls and shoot a good FG%. Instead, he completely chokes in the first half of game 1 because "he wanted it so bad". In game 2, he chucks up a ridiculous number of ugly jumpers. After the game, he says he's going to "keep shootin'". Finally in game 5 the "Playoff Tracy" makes an appearance only to disappear again in game 6.

8. Beck

Beck Contributing Member

Game 7 needs to be about our stars. Neither Yao or TMac has been able to step up for the entire series. They each have had moments, but overall their shooting is down from the regular season. They both need to step up. I don't think they will go Hakeem and Clyde and each go for 40 to close out the Jazz, but they need to establish themselves as the 2 best players on the court.

9. rhester

rhester Contributing Member

TMac must carry this game.
    Period
    End of Story or End of Season

Take your pick Tracy!

10. Verbatim

Verbatim Member

Like he saids, it's on him!

He either gets pass the 1st round or he fails.

He has the team to do it. He needs to take care of the ball. AK47 is making him look stupid right now. If the same AK47 shows up, it may be a long night for Tmac.

But if Tmac plays like a Baron Davis and help the Rockets close out this game, then he will get a repreve. But then he will face B Davis!

11. ShadyMcGrady

ShadyMcGrady Contributing Member

T-Mac was attacking all first half wasn't he?

Then Jerry Sloan ingeniusly realized that he STILL doesn't have teammates who can step up so he orients an entire playoff calibre defense to shutting him down wherever he goes.

In the first half, he was 5-9 or 5-10 I believe. Most of those drives. He also got to the free throw line.

He ended the game 8-23...what happened in the second half? Jerry Sloan saw no one was going to step up and he shut down the paint for McGrady.

#11 ShadyMcGrady, May 4, 2007
    Last edited: May 4, 2007
  12. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

You guys don't get it, the man can't get by his guy like he used to...back in the day he would get to the rim before help could even arrive...he's a shell of his former self, he's gotta go this offseason...

we need a friggin point guard as well. Rafer sucks, plus how bout a PF too? Hayes is a scrub. Howard can't play D or rebound. Damn this team has such a horrible supporting cast, maybe that's the reason...

13. metalshred

metalshred Member

I guess there's a lot of tension on him at the moment....Poor t mac....But he HAS to PLAYWELL in this game!!!

14. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i give tmac a lot of slack b/c he really is a fantastic player. That being said, its bugging me when he just jogs up the court with the ball in transition, especially when the defense is still trying to get back. RUN!

I've always been one to defend tmac of his past playoff failures, b/c honestly he was always on the worse team, especially in orlando. But this series is another story. The jazz may be better, but its marginal. If he dissappears in game 7 i will have a hard time giving him the benefit of the doubt anymore

15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Yes.
    If we lose . . then he and the rest of his teammates are LOSERS!

Rocket River
    until next year

16. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

relax rocket. go take a walk or something.

17. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

And if Yao continues to have more than 5 turnovers do I consider him a loser?

And the Rockets continue to lose in the first round. Do I consider them losers?

And noobs keep starting threads like this one. Do I consider them losers?

Can't wait till game 7....

18. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

until next year?

When we win, I don't wanna hear from you until then.

19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

and I would like you to read the *whole* post too
    but
    then again . . we all cannot have what we want . . .now can we?

Rocket River
    . . . . am severely Disappointed

20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

When you lose in the Playoffs .. . you a loser
    Everyone is a Loser until next year except 1 team
    that is what they are called champions

Rocket River
    . . . made a slight correction