1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If Marbury is bought out, would you take a look?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Jul 6, 2008.

?

If Marbury is bought out, would you sign him to a low risk contract?

1. Yes - sign him up for a very low risk contract

178 vote(s)
    38.5%
  2. No - He is a knucklehead.

284 vote(s)
    61.5%
  1. JVGFAN

JVGFAN Member

I am also on the fence. Dakota, are you talking about keeping Rafer, if so, what about Brooks. I know you wanted to have him play more this season, are you willing to have him ride the pine another season? Marbury could be the 3rd scorer and as far as chemistry they would just get rid of him if he acted the fool. I would consider this if he signs for the minimum.

2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

If you think Yao can influence a guy like Marbury, you still don't get it. In all honesty, saying that Yao has become the leader over Tracy isn't saying much at all. The leadership part of Tracy's DNA is doubly recessive.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

If you are saying that Marbury will never learn, than fine, that is a fair argument.

If I were Morey, if he is bought out, I would sit down with him and see where his head is at, and see if maybe he has matured.

If not, then don't sign him....but if he has matured, and if you watch that 2nd interview posted by Carl Herrara, it sure sounds like a different Marbury, than to me, his talent is worth the risk.

If he turns into another JR. Rider, you simply cut him and move on.....

As for Brooks.....hmmmm...yes, I want him to play, and hope that his rookie jitters are gone...

If the Rockets don't go after a PG this off season, I think it will be saying a lot about what they feel about Brooks........

DD

4. JVGFAN

JVGFAN Member

so would you bench Brooks again? I hope this would be a break out year for Brooks, but he's got to get the minutes to do that. It's tempting to go after Marbury, but do we hurt Brooks' development?

5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Not meaning to hijack the thread, but the Rockets HAD BETTER go after another PG and not rely on AB. If not, Morey would look foolish for not shoring up the weakest spot on the team. If we had Rodney Stuckey instead of AB, that would be another story. AB didn't show enough last year to merit that kind of confidence.

6. DaDakota

Supporting Member

I don't know Brooks was on the USA select team and singled out by Kobe and Jason Kidd as a player to watch, and Kidd took him aside and talked about being a professional.

Brooks may indeed be the answer at the PG position for the Rockets....if he can get a more consistent stroke going than when Rafer struggles (happens a lot) the team will have a 2nd competent guy to go to that can knock down shots.

Brooks should be a much better shooter in year 2 than 1....

DD

7. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

huge GT fan..

but NO NO NO NO NO

his GAME is done.. on top of the fact that even when he was on top of his game, he had problems fitting in and winning

8. JVGFAN

JVGFAN Member

I agree, it seems like we need solid backup. It just seems like there are a handful great point guards in the league, and the rest are mediocre. Who would we pick up that would come in pick up this offense and run this team. Rafer's shoot selection is questionable, but he runs this offense pretty well. Who is the realistic upgrade over Rafer or who would be a solid back up?

9. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

as a backup yes. but once reality sinks in...it's not going to happen. beno udrih demands MLE and you think starbury would settle for vet min?

10. JVGFAN

JVGFAN Member

Of course he would accept the minimum. If he gets bought out he will make most of his final years money, kinda like francis. You've made your money, now you want to win. Very plausible.

11. topfive

topfive CF OG

First place I'd check: his colon.

12. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

Variations of this abound on the Internet.

A scorpion, being a very poor swimmer, asked a frog to carry him on his back across a river. "Are you mad?" exclaimed the frog. "You'll sting me while I'm swimming and I'll drown."

"My dear frog," laughed the scorpion, "if I were to sting you, you would drown and I would go down with you. Now where is the logic in that?"

"You're right!" cried the frog. "Hop on!" The scorpion climbed aboard and halfway across the river gave the frog a mighty sting. As they both sank to the bottom, the frog resignedly said:

"Do you mind if I ask you something? You said there'd be no logic in your stinging me. Why did you do it?"

"It has nothing to do with logic," the drowning scorpion replied. "It's just my character."

13. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Human's are capable of much more than instinctual animals or insects....but I do like the story.

DD

14. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

DD, if you think tmac and yao have any influence on this team except for their play on the court, you're crazy. tell me a player on this team who has said yao/tmac influenced how they practice/play.... NOBODY.

dikembe mutombo is the clear leader of this team in terms of veteran leadership (landry, tmac, and a lot of the guys say deke is the guy). shane is the guy they go to for cohesiveness....

tmac and yao are just the 2 best players on the court. they will never be leaders of this team.

15. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I disagree. If the acquisition of Marbury made the team better, that'd be the first time Marbury has ever made a team better.

16. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Has he ever come to a veteran team with established stars?

Answer this....If Marbury came in and was a model citizen, do you think he is a better PG than Rafer?

That to me is where you draw the line.....if he screws up...cut him.....

DD

17. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

That my friend was a classic post! I knew the guy was a cancer.. now I have visible proof.

18. Seven

Seven Contributing Member

Off-topic: That trade in your sig is interesting but i don't think they would do it.

19. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

That would be Marbury.

Looking on paper, Marbury put up better numbers then Hinrich. Consider making a move for Hinrich is pretty dumb when Marbury put up betters numbers that last 3 seasons alone then Hinrich did his whole career despite being older.

For Marbury's price why take on Hinrich in a trade like some fans would like to do when we can land Marbury who produces more with a better contract after he is baught out?

20. Agentzero

Agentzero Rookie

I want Marbury , even trade Tmac for him .besides , we may get him with LLE,i think there's nothing better than getting a superstar at LLE as Pistons signed webber and Spurs signed Finley (although Finley got a contract more than a LLE.)