1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If Kevin Love becomes available tomorrow would you give...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by roflmcwaffles, Feb 13, 2014.

?

Kevin Love for Asik + Tjones + 1st + possibly more?

1. Yes

260 vote(s)
    88.4%
  2. No

34 vote(s)
    11.6%
  1. w00t

w00t Member

Rockets won't get LOVE in a trade without giving back Dwight or Harden...
    LOL at those Trade machines....

2. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Literally I would give up ANY combination of players outside Dwight and Harden plus draft picks, and also take back along with Love the second worst Wolves asset whoever that is.

I would be willing to have a go with Howard, Love, Harden and 12 D-League players for a year just until we pick up a few role players on the cheap.

I would even be willing to trade Howard for Love (as long as we would keep Asik) but that would damage the organization's standing among NBA players and also hurt the organization's relationship with its players. As far as value goes though, I would deal Howard for Love simply because we have Asik and I would love to see this team have a go at a Love/Harden duo.

3. clos4life

clos4life Member

If we got him for just that it would be highway robbery. I would be willing to offer even more.

4. hooroo

hooroo Member

Love has leverage. He can leave the Wolves as an unrestricted free agent.

5. gamor

gamor Member

why Love? shall go straight for LJ, James has whole package.
    Trade the whole team except Harden and HD for LJ, wait, it is not video game?

6. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

Lol Love is easily worth more than that. You would have to give more. Anyone who says no is really delusional or flat out stupid. Love is a top 10 player in this league.

7. ad1364

ad1364 Member

1st post (sorry it's long)

Long time reader bc I enjoy reading the different opinions on here. Anyhow I was jw what everyone thought about this trade (although it's probably been suggested before)

MIL- trade: Knight, ridnour,
    Receive: Lin, Canaan, CHAR late 1st round pick

Char trade: b Gordon, zeller, late 1st rnd pick
    Receive: asik, motie, ridnour

Minn trade: Love, brewer, dieng
    Receive: parsons, tjones, c zeller, knight, 2 1sts from HOU, both Knicks 2nders

HOU trade: asik, Lin, motie, Canaan, tjones, parsons 2 1sts, Knicks 2nds
    Receive: love, brewer, dieng

Why bucks: they r probably the least likely team to accept this trade IMO. I wouldn't trade knight (which would immediately derail this trade), however Lin could be even better than knight (highly unlikely, but he should be in the same ballpark) plus all of the fans he brings, plus Canaan is a nice piece (I think he will be a really good bench player and possibly a solid starter eventually) that somewhat replaces the youthful potential that they lose with knight, plus a late 1st rounder with probably 20 good prospects in the draft with some bound to slide.

Why Charlotte: usually this is where logic is explained, however the bobcats rarely exercise that ability. Getting asik for B Gordon's contract gives them a rugged defender to help their irrational playoff hopes, and while they give up a talented young 7fter, they get motie who makes that loss a little more acceptable. While motie lacks zellers toughness and potential all around game, moties low post offensive skill could be a core part of a teams offense (if utilized correctly). Parting with their late pick is probably a sticking point but this improves their immediate goals without losing a lot of young talent (not to mention asik should be a nice piece at the next trade deadline.

Why Minn: love is going to leave and the longer they hold onto him the more leverage they lose. Nobody wants to trade a talent like love but if they do it early they can net a lot more value IMO. Looking around the league there are only a few that love would resign with (LAL, CHI?,OKC,CLE?, MIA) and most of those teams either have very little talent, the others will probably wait until next yr to make a move (OKC, MIA, CHI). They get parsons, who looks to be a top 10 SF with an all around game, plus tjones who looks like a potential 15-10 energy PF ( who obviously won't put up loves numbers, but his defense would be welcomed in Minn) they also net C Zeller who gives them a young rookie who can play the 4 and potentially the 5 down the road and shows potential to be a solid all around player (who I think will have a potent synergistic effect with his ability to stretch the floor, make good passes, and be solid on both sides of the ball). B Knight gives them a PG who they can resign if they decide that Rubio isn't a long term solution (plus they can play together in the short term). 2 late 1sts are not very appealing but I feel like that's a lot of young talent for a guy who is almost certainly going to force their hand within a year.

Thanks for reading and sorry if I'm oblivious to any obviously unreasonable aspects of the trade.

8. ad1364

ad1364 Member

Lol forgot HOU

HOU trade: parsons, asik, Lin, motie, tjones, canaan, 1sts 2nds
    Receive: love, brewer, dieng
    Why: getting a 3rd star is a huge opportunity that u must take even if u have to blow up ur team. Love helps in too many ways to type out, but I'm sure ev1 is well aware of what he brings. C brewer slides in as a 3and D SF which is a perfect fit for our needs (without Parsons). Dieng is a defensive big who, most importantly, is on a rookie contract, which is exactly what HOU needs behind a max contract Dwight. HOU would have to rely on brooks as a backup PG but even if that kills our chances to win, Morey is amazing at finding bargain gems.

9. Play07

Play07 Member

2-15-14 4:45pm @chrismannixSL (sports illustrated) SOLID SOURCE

"Kevin Love is having an impact on this trade season. Teams believing they have a shot at signing/trading for him looking to keep flexibility"

"Some top talent could be available in the summer of '15 (Aldridge, Rondo) but Love is clearly the crown jewel"

10. redhotrox

redhotrox Member

Not great for our free agency chances if he hates hot weather.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>K-Love on KARE Th night: &quot;I'd rather live somewhere it is really cold than somewhere that is really warm&quot;
    <a href="http://t.co/djTRyac5ng">http://t.co/djTRyac5ng</a></p>&mdash; Timberwolves PR (@Twolves_PR) <a href="https://twitter.com/Twolves_PR/statuses/434396643874451456">February 14, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Hopefully Harden was assuring him that the Texas heat really isn't that bad. :)

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>K-Love and James Harden walking to the All-Star Game participant meeting. <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23NBAAllStar2014&amp;src=hash">#NBAAllStar2014</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Twolves&amp;src=hash">#Twolves</a> <a href="http://t.co/yAI3EuoFj1">pic.twitter.com/yAI3EuoFj1</a></p>&mdash; Timberwolves PR (@Twolves_PR) <a href="https://twitter.com/Twolves_PR/statuses/434386973466193921">February 14, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

11. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

I'd give my left nut for Kevin Love

12. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Member

This. I don't see us making any big moves right now. If we make a move now, I think it will be to acquire picks or expiring contracts to help us next year.

13. 2016Champions

2016Champions Member

Does a bear **** in the woods?

14. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Unless somebody trades for him love is a lock to go to LA. I'd put it at a 75% chance overall.

15. theangrycanary

Since Love is obviously leaving, why don't the wolves trade him right now? What am I missing?