1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If Kevin Love becomes available tomorrow would you give...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by roflmcwaffles, Feb 13, 2014.

?

Kevin Love for Asik + Tjones + 1st + possibly more?

1. Yes

260 vote(s)
    88.4%
  2. No

34 vote(s)
    11.6%
  1. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

I would do this if we could be get back Wilson Chandler as well in a 3 way trade. I think we'd have to trade Jones, Asik, Parsons, Lin, and a 1st could do it (with 2nd rd picks as sweeteners). Asik and Greg Smith go to Denver for Wilson Chander, their 1st, and an expiring filler contract. The first and filler expiring along with parsons, Jones, Lin, our 1st, Denver's 1st, and filler 2nd rd picks go to Minny. Love and Chandler come here.

Bev/Brooks
    Harden/Garcia
    Chandler/Casspi
    Love/Dmo
    Howard

Scary Good squad!

2. logggur

logggur Member

[citation needed]

In all seriousness though, while he probably isn't as terrible as Kahn, Saunders doesn't look to be a big improvement. So far they've done the following:

sign Chase Budinger for 3 years/$16M
    sign Sign Corey Brewer for 3 years/$15M
    sign Ronnie Turiaf for 2 years/$3.2M
    sign Nikola Pekovic for 5 years/$60M
    draft Shabazz Muhammad and Gorgui Deng
    traded Derrick Williams for Mbah a Moute

So, not counting Pek, that's almost $19M/year for six guys who are definitely not playing that far above replacement level (except for Brewer? I haven't watched enough Wolves to know how good he looks.). Big-ish contracts for guys who aren't even in your top 8 for minutes played really end up killing the cap.

3. Zergling

Zergling Member

Let's see... acquire a superstar and only have to give up a role player, another role player, and draft picks? Yeah I think we should do that.

4. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

I really think this team needs more veteran depth rather than another superstar and I'm not really sure Love is going to be happy here playing the "Chris Bosh" role. We're third in offense and fifth in rebounding, why would adding another guy that can score and rebound put us over the hump? We need defenders and play makers more than we need a player like Love. We need to actually address the weaknesses of this team rather than trading away half the team away to get Love.

5. jank1434

jank1434 Member

Wouldn't that graph be biased towards a good player on a terrible team? Not saying that I don't want Love, but that chart is somewhat meaningless.

6. dobro1229

dobro1229 Member

The Rockets DO NOT have the most competitive package to offer as long as it MUST involve Asik. To come up with a competitive enough package to compete with the likes of the Celtics, Phoenix, etc. you need to get "BasketballHollic Crazy" in the Random Trade Thread.

Guys, stop waiting your time dreaming about this seriously... revist next year around this time, and MAYBE there is a chance since at that time we will know for sure whether or not Love is leaving or not, and the Rockets might have a more competitive package to offer along with (most importantly) LEVERAGE to sign him in free agency above anything else.

Every plan the Rockets have in place now revolves around the LEVERAGE they will potentially have going into the summer of 2015. So the earliest we could see a move like this would be February of 2015 when that LEVERAGE comes into play. Even then, they are still competing against the leverage that the Lakers will most likely have as well as others.

7. roslolian

roslolian Member

This. I mean, with Dwight in top form and Dmo/Tjones/whoever backup C we pick up do we even need Love? What does Love provide that Tjones/Dmo/Parsons don't? If we get a 3rd star it better be someone game changing like Lebron or Durant, otherwise it's just not worth having a very expensive 3rd option behind Harden and DH.

8. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Any combo of people not named Harden Or Howard, i would be ok with. If Les is reluctant to pay the tax and the repeater tax for the next 3-5 years, this is the way to go. You almost have to part with Parsons in that senerio. But i would rather wait until he is a FA, since that would remove the possibility of him bolting on us after we give up so much for him.

9. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

If you can get Love without giving up Parsons you immediately pack up Jones, DMo, Asik, Lin, Cannan, etc. and ship them off.

Honestly Parsons, Jones, and Lin is about as competitive a package as any team can offer. Unless someone like the Bucks offered up an unprotected lotto pick in this draft which isn't happening. I don't think Morey would do it though.

10. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Ah what the heck ;).

[​IMG]

Minny also gets a 1st and a 2nd round pick from us and a 2nd from Boston.

11. jacoby

jacoby Member

You don't think any other team during these negotiations would slip through and offer a better deal than that? It really wouldn't be hard to trump that garbage offer.

12. jtr

jtr Member

As I have posted before, there are just not enough shots to go round with Love in the Houston starting lineup. Roster balance is very important. Assuming that Asik. Jones, Lin and picks go for Love who exactly would you take shots away from? Parsons? Howard? Harden? Give it a break. Pipe dreams should remain in the pipe.

13. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Yeah, I think getting this deal without offering Parsons would be impossible. And I would not want to lose Parsons.

14. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Anyone not named Howard, Harden, or Parsons.

15. WinkFan

WinkFan Member

Our PF take 12 shots/36, so Love starts with that. It wouldn't be that difficult to get him to 16.

16. Moahst

Moahst Member

Lin + Parsons + Jones + Asik + 1sts might compete with Love's market value.

17. Akkuron

Akkuron Member

That's an imaginary "best." Love's an absolutely horrible defender and the unquestionable WORST rim protector in the league. He gets a lot of rebounds because he never contests anything, opting instead to let people drive by him in order to box out someone else and get the rebound if they happen to miss the layup. Dwight will have to pull double duty on defense so that Love can inflate his stat sheet. Remember last game when Harden pulled down an easy rebound that Dwight could also get to and Dwight laughed and slapped his ass? Love has been seen yelling at his teammates when that happens.

He's an incredible offensive player, one of the best picks for a fantasy league team and he would fit our offense like a glove, but a "superstar" should be able to get his team to at least 50% even if he's playing alone. It's not like the Wolves are devoid of talent apart from him. The Rockets were doing better when Martin was our first option.

Don't get me wrong, I'd still want him on the Rockets, I'm just not exactly ecstatic about blowing up the entire team. Sure, a core of Harden/Love/Howard are contenders no matter who's around them, but none of them are Lebron and there's no guarantee they'll ever overcome the difficulties that made Miami lose to Dallas on their first year. Chemistry and cohesiveness are important, which is why I don't wanna lose Parsons. TJones has been balling out of mind as well, so I'd kinda feel bad for him, but he has to go if Love comes.

tldr:
    Really good, really overrated player. I want him but he'll command more than his real value in a trade.

18. rockets13champs

It will take a while for klove and dwight yo coexists. My rebounds vs yours

19. dragician

dragician Member

give them GReg Smith too.

20. WinkFan

WinkFan Member

Skip Bayless "which big man has given you the most trouble(on defense).

Anthony Davis" Kevin Love"

He said it before Skip could even finish his sentence.

Stephen A "Let me ask you this: Kevin Love or Blake Griffin"

Davis with no hesitation" Kevin Love"