1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If it weren't for my dog, I think I would kill myself.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by 1JumpShot, Jul 6, 2015.

1. 1JumpShot

1JumpShot Member

Today, after scoping around I found out that my [then]girlfriend who I dated for 5 years cheated on me. After asking the guy (her EX) she had sex with if it were true, she finally gave in and told the truth, I still believes she's holding something back but it almost doesn't matter now, I'm only 23 years young and have my dog with me to cheer me up. I've been constantly getting images in my head about hurting myself but my dog knew to comfort me and get my mind off it. It is amazing what dogs can do to people. Another denima is that me and ex are scheduled to have vacation at Walt Dysney World and Universal studios this week, the plan is for us to go as friends (it'll be awkward) and I have not decided whether to kick her out of my apartment yet or how to handle our dog (on who gets him). I feel like the only thing that can keep my mind running is my dog as funny as it sounds.

1 person likes this.
  2. 1JumpShot

1JumpShot Member

And she's still trying to get back with me but I don't think I can do it.

3. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Focus on this and you'll realize not to get too worked up over silly things like you breaking up with a high school girlfriend.

Not really sure why she is still staying at your apt unless you signed a lease together. Also keep the dog for sure.

4. tomato

tomato Member

If you aren't going to get back together DO NOT TAKE HER ON THE TRIP. If you go at all, take a friend, or maybe go alone and have a fun time without thinking about her. Meet new people there that you'll probably never see again. It's a big world, there's a lot of people who've been through the same thing, and there are people that will get you through this.

5. 1JumpShot

1JumpShot Member

We signed the lease together but I am paying for the majority, I kicked her out for the night. My dog never left my side and it's going to be tough to keep him but I'm going to tell her she should have thought about that before sleeping with another guy.

6. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

Basically what Brightside said, everyone goes through this a time or two. You will be able to look back and laugh how stupid it is. The clouds will pass soon, **** the vacation and don't harm yourself over a female man.

7. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

be like rodman, all about the rebound

8. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

1. Do not go on the trip with her.

2. Kick her out.

3. Keep the dog.

1 person likes this.
  9. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Did you consider killing yourself? If so you need to get help.

10. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Wait, you two are still living together and the dog custody is also in question.

This doesn't jive with your whole build-up about your ex-gf.

Not really trusting your state of mind right now to give a true story worthy of cfnet advice.

11. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Follow these steps 1, 2, 3.

12. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

I third this notion, but on step 3, if shes a b**** and you think she wont let you keep the dog, take it and keep it at your parents place for awhile. When she asks just tell her you gave it up for adoption to a pound thats an hour away cause you didnt want her to have it.

You seriously are only 23 and have so much to live for. Dont be selfish to everyone that cares for you in your life to even think about that sort of thing. She aint **** dude.

13. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

The fact that you posted on here about this means you really don't want to hurt yourself; you want help. My advice: Seek help from a professional.

14. cardpire

cardpire Member

Sounds like you probably need to keep the dog.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The quicker you get her entirely out of your life, the quicker you'll move on and feel better. It's gonna feel worse before it feels better, but unless you are a masochist no good will come from delaying the inevitable.....and it really is inevitable. You're 23, about to almost enter the prime of your life. Do yourself a favor and cut the chord with anyone who proves to be unfaithful in your life, they're never worth it. Rally around only those you can trust and make sure you appreciate them for it.

Anyway, just my 2 cents. I've been on pretty much every side of that situation, so I'm talking from experience.

16. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

If she is good at taking care of the dog, give her the dog. You need to focus on yourself right now and fighting over the dog is only going to make you feel like you can win/lose something. Like there's a stake in this thing. The dog is not an object. If you're feeling really bad, the dog might be better off with her. OTOH, it might be better off with you. Whatever you decide to do, make sure you do what's best for the dog and not you/her.

Definitely don't go on the trip. It's literally a guilt trip. She will just bring up things to make you feel as guilty as she does because she has not come to terms with why she did what she did. If she were mature enough to handle this, she would not be trying to take you on a trip to DISNEY LAND right now. You're not going to learn anything new by going. What you know is what it is. Whatever she prepares to say later on usually comes with layers of politics and technicalities. From what you're telling us, you've talked this out. If you haven't, do it at home, not in Disney Land.

This stuff is common, not worth having those thoughts about man. It sounds like you've ignored who YOU are and focused a lot on who you are with her. That's not fair to yourself. This is a great time to reflect and re-think your personal goals and dreams and how to achieve them. If you hadn't really thought about it deeply, then now's a great time to start. Breakups are far less painful when you know who you are before the relationship begins. Don't fall into that trap again.

FYI college and job does not equate to a plan. You need to find out what you physically would like to do everyday for the rest of your life assuming you didn't need any money at all. Get closer to doing that, or start doing it right away if possible.

17. Christopher

Christopher Member

Don't go on holiday with her.

Cut her out of your life completely. You don't need a "friend" that would hurt you like that.

If you like the dog, keep it.

You'll be alright champ. In 10 years for now you'll be thankful that you didn't waste a second more of your life on her. You'll be glad that you did find out and that you then made changes to get rid of that garbage out of your life and only focused on the good things.

Now get yourself out today and do something you enjoy. Even if it's something simple. It might now feel like fun now, but it's the first step in getting on with your life and moving forward. :)

18. Normalus

Normalus Member

Feel bad for that dog.

19. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Yeah, I wouldn't take her on the trip.

The other two, they probably depend on other factors.

I'd use the trip to reflect about your relationship (if you still have any thought of staying together), and to figure out how to enjoy yourself without her/meet new people.

20. conquistador#11

DON'T GO ON THAT TRIP. it's a trap! an emotional trap but a trap nonetheless.