1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

if i weren't a ________ fan i'd be a....

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by pacman0590, Nov 30, 2010.

1. pacman0590

pacman0590 Member

if you weren't a fan of your beloved teams who would you follow and why??
    it could be a certain player, history, or simply their team colors..

I'm a purebred... ASTROS TEXANS ROX all the way..hell even dynamo.

Basketball; i'd probably be a Thunder fan, i loved durant his only year at Texas, and it's still exciting to watch him play, westbrooks a sight to see as well..

Football; Browns i think because i hate and envy all the "prestigious" teams in the NFL.. the browns are just like us, i love their uniforms and crazy ass fans.. watching colt mccoy and peyton hillis in the backfield has been awesome to watch..

MLB: don't really watch baseball other than the astros, but i'd say Angels strictly cause of uniform haha.

2. heypartner

heypartner Member

3. G-Money

G-Money Member

Basketball; Spurs

Gotta keep it in Texas and I absolutely loath the Mavericks.

4. finalsbound

finalsbound Member

hawks & lions

5. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

6. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Raiders Bo Jackson was my favorite player

7. blathersby

blathersby Member

Baseball: Phillies. I already like 'em, and my dad's from Philly.

Basketball: Spurs? Lakers? Bucks? T-Wolves? I love watching pretty much any team that's not utah. Outside my grandparents, no one else in my family is a big basketball fan, so I wouldn't have gone to the Sixers.

Football: I'm an Eagles fan now. If not them, probably the Steelers. Probably the Niners or Texans after them.

College: If I didn't go to UH, it wouldn't be the Coogs. It'd be Texas. And if not either of them, Penn State or Notre Dame. I'm already a fan of 'em all now.

Soccer: If not the Dynamo, then WHO CARES IT'S SOCCER.

8. liljojo

liljojo Member

Basketball:
    Wizards - no idea why, I'm just drawn to them
    Suns - Nash is my favorite non-Rocket
    Thunder - See above, only Durant is my second favorite

Football:
    Falcons - Matty Ice is an awesome nickname
    Eagles - They're just exciting to watch
    Browns - Man crush on Colt McCoy

Baseball:
    Rays - Organization that does things right and is in prime position to ruin both the Yankees' AND Red Sox's seasons
    Phillies - Lots of former Astros.

9. AXG

AXG Member

The only sport I really follow is basketball, and if I weren't a Rockets fan I'd be cheering on Da Bulls. Michael Jordan is what got me interested in basketball in the first place.

10. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Basketball
    -Orlando (till VC goes elsewhere)
    -and I guess my home country Raptors

Baseball
    -Wherever Halladay goes
    -Mariners

Football
    -Don't watch

Hockey
    -Canucks

11. finalsbound

finalsbound Member

[​IMG]

12. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

Soccer, right?

13. G-Money

G-Money Member

You watch Hockey and Baseball...but you don't watch football?

What the **** is wrong with you?

14. jdh008

jdh008 Member

My dad's side of the family is all from the St. Louis area, so mine will lean that way. For the most part, I already root for these teams as well as my Houston teams.

MLB- If not the Astros, the Cardinals

NFL- If not the Texans, the Rams. Honestly, I'm more of a Rams fan anyway. In my formative years as a sports fan, Houston didn't have football so I rooted for the Rams. Those were the "Greatest Show on Turf" teams, so it was easy to cheer for them.

College- If not the UH Cougars, the Illinois Fighting Illini (or oddly, the Florida State Seminoles) I'm just a college football guy in general.

NBA- If not the Rockets, the Suns.

15. Uprising

Uprising Member

Orlando Magic. Liked watching that team play, BIG fan of D. Howard.

Used to be a Chargers fan.....only because of L. Tomlinson. But he's gone, and no way am I going to be a Jets fan.

TCU fan, if not them....then probably the Aggies as my #1.

16. Apps

Apps Member

NBA (Rockets) = Lakers. I know, I know, but I've been living in L.A. for 14 years now, and I get to see them more than any other sports team on a regular basis, so it's really the only logical alternative. Plus, they can be enjoyable to watch.

NFL (Texans) = Jets or Chargers. Jets get a lot of airtime in SoCal and I like their secondary quite a bit (though I hate Rex Ryan), and the Chargers are the closest thing to local, so...

MLB (Dodgers) = Astros, A's, Mariners, or Reds

NHL (Kings) = Oilers. I like teams in rebuild mode, and I have loved the logo and fanbase for quite some time.

17. Kam

Kam Member

Detroit Red Wings
    MLB If not Astros. Cleveland Indians
    NFL If not Texans, Which ever Longhorn I want to slob on. Cause they have a big package..? (someone else said that, not going to say who...) Probably the Arizona Cardinals or Pittsburgh Steelers. Depends on match ups.
    MLS Chicago Fire or Kansas City Wiz errrrrrrr SPORTING KANSAS CITY...

sigh.. NBA If not the Rockets.. This one is hard to figure out. With baseball, there are two leagues. In the NFL, we had a point where we had no team, so we had to choose something.
    We barely got an MLS team a few years ago.

It's hard to pick the NBA one.

18. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I live in Canada man, what am i suppose to watch, BC Lions of the CFL

19. Lynus302

Lynus302 Member

If we didn't have the Texans, I wouldn't watch football at all. As it is now I barely have any interest in them. Last years Superbowl was the first Superbowl I've watched in its entirety in probably 8-10 years. I fully recognize their importance to Houston, and because of that any Houston team will be my team, but all in all I find football to be rather boring. It's exciting in 3-5 second bursts and then everything stops. Even in a classic pitchers duel, at least something is HAPPENING.

The NBA is the only sport where I will watch teams other than my hometown Rockets. If they never existed, I guess I'd be a Spurs fan. Gotta keep it in Texas, though those sentiments have never applied to any team in any sport from Dallas.

If the Astros had never existed, it would be the Cleveland Indians for no other reason than Major League is an awesome movie and I claimed them as my AL team as a result. I'd NEVER cheer for the Dallas Rangers.

As for college....I'm a strange college fan. UT is my team and always has been, yet I went to OU, and I love my hometown perpetual-underdog Coogs, as well, and I've always had love for A&M, so four universities would have to have never existed in order for me to appropriately answer the question, and after typing all of this out I just don't want to think that hard right now.

Scratch that: Notre Dame and/or Army.

20. juicystream

juicystream Member

I'd rather be dead than root for another baseball or basketball team.