1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If I were Yao, I will leave Rockets when the contract is over.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by zzphilipjulia, Feb 19, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

I've always wondered this. If we took Yao out of the equation, just have him completely vanish, how would we do with everyone we have now, subtracting our injured players? Would we still be in the middle of the pack? On top? Or not even in the race?

Brooks/Lowry
    Artest/Wafer/Barry
    Battier/Cook
    Landry/Hayes
    Scola/Mutombo

2. aaronnguyen

aaronnguyen Member

I have to agree with you Alston and Tracy the only two that know how to feed Yao. Tracy is done and Rafer is gone.

3. michecon

michecon Contributing Member

I don't know much else, but I'm pretty certain Yao Ming is who makes Les's financial boat float now. Didn't he just signed another contract with a Chinese firm? Why FA wants to come to Huston? Freaking Battier and Chuck have shoe deals in China.

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Because they love the city, there is no state income tax, home prices are lower than in many NBA cities, and Houston is famous for its men's clubs. I could list several other reasons, as could most of the folks on the board. Houston was a city NBA players liked to live in before Yao ever got here.

And Yao isn't going anywhere.

5. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

No way the team wins a championship, Yao can sign with LA, NY and doesn't fit in any of those system. Yao is good, but he can't carry a team to a championship. Good Luck my A, all we need is players that aren't soft. Yao and Tmac have more estrogen than a pregnant woman.

6. rocketman1979

rocketman1979 Contributing Member

good thing your not Yao. Don't underestimate Morey, if this experiment with Lowry and Brooks as our pointguards doesn't work you can be sure that he will find a true pointguard in the offseason to feed the big guy. Our pointguards have to adjust to Yao, not the other way around. If thats not going to be the case then the Rockets should trade Yao asap.
    Hopefully Brooks and Lowry doesn't end up being like Francis and Mobley.

7. Shengcer

Shengcer New Member

Hey, folks, nobody thinks the situation confronted by Rockets at the moment is by Alexander's cheeseparing?? This man has made lots of money since Yao joined Rockets, but he seems never willing to pay back anything proportional to what he has earned to this team!!! Cuban is insane for some time, but definitely he loves his team much more than Alaxander!

8. LYT2010

LYT2010 Member

you are absolutely right, now i realized it is not the t-mac's fault, he is just has the way he plays, but the management consist to keep him, Les Alexander is have a romantic relationship with him, that is the only reason can exlpain what just happened.

9. dannagao

dannagao New Member

sometimes , slow maybe help duirng playoff...

10. yume

yume Member

rofl its funny how these kids think they know everything about basketball. Look outside your little bubble Yao Ming is not an AMAZING player. He will not clutch to get you a championship, he isn't a go to player. He is a pretty good basketball player, but that doesn't mean he is what you guys put him out to be. I swear if Yao wasn't chinese i doubt he would of made 7 All Star appearances. (1 billion people voting for him)

Just like Yi almost took Kevin Garnetts spot cause of the voting from china.

But don't take me wrong he isn't a bad player, he just doesnt have what it takes to lead the team as people think he does. If mcgrady was the same player he was in orlando He could've led the rockets (without all injuries etc..)

11. Jonhty

Jonhty Member

yao will demand Mike be fired cause he brings all da money!