1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If I were Memphis and OKC..............

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jopatmc, Jun 18, 2009.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

hahahahahahahah youve said something like this before and its still garbage

what do all these players have in common? they've all been able to get into the postseason playing significant roles. Rubio on the other hand lol

2. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

His old account is still active. It would be hilarious if he started talking back and forth to himself with totally different views! :grin:

bbhollic: Rubio is the best player ever!
    Jotpac: Rubio is a piece of crap! He sucks!!

Jotpac: I'm glad we have TJones on our team! He's the best!!
    bbhollic: _Jones is a scrub! We should trade his sorry butt!!

It could be hours and hours of great slap stick comedy!
    FWIW, I like bbhollic and hate Jotpac! Orrr was it the other way around...:confused:

3. basketballholic

There may appear to you to be a big dropoff between Rubio and the other 3 but that's just appearance. When his career is complete he'll fit just fine with the top 3.

Rubio will have a better career than every player on your list. Put that in your pipe and smoke it. ;)

4. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Yup, you can never be a good player on a bad team. That's just impossible. One good player equals playoffs, right? Doesn't work that way.

And if Rubio is so bad, why has Morey like him all these years? Obviously there were much better players in the draft, but why **** on him? There's more to the game than points and shooting percentage.

5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

How is it just appearance? Those are 3 perennial western all stars who have been in MVP conversations and have led their teams to a good amount of success in the west.

Nobody else in the 2009 draft, as is, is anywhere near the level of those players. You can speculate that Rubio will make a huge jump in his career all you want, but as is right now he is no where close to them. Neither is he better then Teague, Derozan, Lawson or Evens (right now after 4 seasons).

6. Sanity2disChaos

It's gotta be crack right:confused: (not asking basketballHolic)

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

Ok so same excuse for Minnesota right. Totally lack of talent on their roster. There's plenty of good players on bad teams. However there's a difference when a player obviously doesn't make players around him better. Minny has gotten worse every year Rubio has been in the league. You obviously are one of those people that use the team as scapegoats rather then admit accountability to the "good" players who are suppsed to be the leaders

Do you believe all rumors created on clutchfans? Morey never said he was pursuing Rubio. The most he was doing was his obvious job as a gm and looked at a player that may or may not become available. He gets linked to so many players but that doesn't mean he has liked Rubio "all these years" like you for some reason think. Rubio is a anti morey player. He can't shoot and a horrible finisher in the paint. Did morey personally tell you I like Rubio? No..ok

8. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Why was this thread bumped?

Why does one poster have two accounts? That's f'n stupid.

9. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

jopat left the forum in shame after having irreparably damaged all of his credibility. Little while later bholic appeared and people soon pieced together that they were the same.

Or, he just wanted to have a new username. One of the two.

10. Jontro

Jontro Member

What did jopatmc do/say to make him leave?

11. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Maybe the guy needs a Clutchfans intervention or something? He might want to see a doctor about this.

12. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

He said he wouldn't fap.

13. Jontro

Jontro Member

[​IMG]

14. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

I'm going to go off topic and channel my inner Bill Simmons / NBA2K MyGM but a Conley for Westbrook trade is pretty interesting, in my opinion.

Of course WB is the better player, by a long shot, but Conley is severely underrated in the NBA in my opinion. The Thunder would probably never do it, unless they are looking to unload contracts like Waiters, they think WB won't stay after his contract is up and KD needs another running mate or else he bolts too.

I think a KD-Conley combo fits very well together, as opposed to the "my turn to be alpha" WB-KD relationship we have seen for years. Conley needs to play with a better perimeter player to draw attention away from him, but he has shown the ability take the lead on occasion. He will bring the smart, crafty all-around defense that can solidify the Thunder's starting line-up. Throw in Courtney Lee, a proven 3-D player, and the Thunder can have a great starting lineup up with:
    Conley
    Lee
    KD
    Ibaka
    Stevens / Kanter

It makes sense for Memphis to do this because Westbrook will finally be their star at the end of games they have been missing this era. Westbrook is obviously good enough to be the man of a team and I think Memphis would be a place he could thrive in. Surrounded by players who value defense first with a player that can turn defense to automatic offense in seconds; truly freighting. Plus, a Gasol-WB combo is really interesting IMO.

Sorry about being off topic (whatever the topic is, idk) but I have been thinking about it since this morning when I saw this thread on the front page haha

15. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Great "analysis".... This is just embarrassing, especially coming from someone who supposedly "watched a lot of his college games." Smh.

16. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

In a different situation, Rubio might yet be a good NBA player. But by the 4th year, the superstars show themselves whether their team is any good or not. Harden, Curry, and Griffin are franchise players and Rubio obviously is not. He can't carry a bad team like Harden did when he arrived, or Griffin did his rookie season pre-Paul.

17. basketballholic

Because it's the off-season and it was originally started before the 2009 draft that brought both Harden and Curry into the league. It's fun to look back at previous drafts and see what our thoughts were at the time.

There are several reasons why a poster would have more than one account. In this case a bet was made in hangout and lost and this username was retired. The bet was disputed however because the original bet post was changed on the username, a change I cared not to pursue further after a complaint to Clutch about the post being changed. The bet winner (whom manipulated the bet post) knew what they had done and wanted to change the bet terms after they won the manipulated bet. I cared not to pursue it since my true interest here is the Rockets. So I started a new username, retired the old one, and quit participating in hangout where mostly left wing political liberals hang out and pass out rep to each other like candy.

I did suggest to Clutch back then that no rep should be handed out in any forums but the GARM since this is, after all, Clutchfans, and we should want posters in GARM to be recognized for their knowledge/info/quality posts about the Rockets instead of looking at posters who have Hakeem ratings but know very little about the Rockets and a whole lot about liberal political agenda because they received a boatload of rep by posting liberal political ideology in hangout.

That went nowhere so I started a new username and moved on.

I'm not going to post about this again. If anybody wants to know my story you can point them to this post.

This thread was about the 2009 draft and that's the reason I bumped it. To discuss Blake, James, Steph, and Ricky.

18. basketballholic

On that note we still don't know who is the best player in this draft. And most likely won't know for many years. Curry is the disputed king of the hill at the moment. But this is but one moment in time. Any of these 4 players could ride above or fall below the others with health issues and if they get "stuck" at some point in their careers on non-contending teams.

19. marky :)

marky :) Member

Jopatmc is basketballhollic's insider.

20. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

He had Romney winning in a landslide. His sauces were really, really wrong.

Anyway, he said he would leave the board forever if Obama won. The rest is Cfans history.