1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If I Were King..............

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tkrieger, Nov 19, 2012.

1. tkrieger

tkrieger Member

If I Were King..............

I would change the starting lineup to:

PG - Lin
    SG - Harden
    SF - Parsons or Morris*
    PF - T. Jones
    C - Asik

* Parsons against most teams, Morris against a big front line like the Lakers or Trail Blazers.

Bench rotation
    T. Douglas, Delfino, Patterson (if opposing small lineup), Parsons (if Morris starts, can also be a "big guard"), Morris (if Parsons starts), Aldrich.

Aside from the lack of screens being set, the Rockets biggest issue is being outmuscled inside. And sometimes just plain outmuscled, period. Asik is strong inside, but Patterson is too soft.

2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Could have basically just said move Terrence Jones into the starting lineup over Patterson.

3. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

This is pretty much a "start TJones" thread and we have a lot of those already.....

4. Rocket_Man_2.0

Morris > Parsons...his 3pt shot is almost automatic.

that starting lineup is the same conclusion I came to.

Lin
    Harden
    Morris
    T.Jones
    Asik

Bench
    Machado
    Delfino
    Parsons
    Montiejunas
    G.Smith

I want Patterson of the team..sorry:rolleyes:

5. Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm Member

You have cracked the code, that's the lineup the Rockets should be using and developing.
    Not sure if we're being knee-jerkers but I'm also more confident in Morris' shot than Parsons :p

6. Chef_Monteur

Chef_Monteur Member

If I were King, I would cut most of the players on the roster and tank. Try and land the number one overall pick for the next 5 years and rebuild a legit team.

The ceiling for the current team is very low, Portland has proven they have a much higher ceiling than us and they're a young team too. We just don't have the players or talent to beat anyone except for Detroit.

7. LC Rox Fan

LC Rox Fan Member

No way Morris better than Parsons right now....just cause he's been draining threes suddenly doesn't make up for Parsons overall contributions, not to mention he can drain the three just as well. Morris is better coming off the bench and scoring with the second unit.

But on the thread I am sure it's pretty much widely accepted that T. Jones should be starting at the 4.

8. Chef_Monteur

Chef_Monteur Member

Does it really matter which player is better? Neither guy will ever be an all-NBA type player. Both are D-League quality players.

Parsons could potentially become a quality 6th man for a championship team but he's not a starter, not even close.

9. LC Rox Fan

LC Rox Fan Member

Not even worth the effort...:rolleyes:

10. skyline07

skyline07 Member

If I were King I would just eliminate all other teams and make the Rockets win champions every year.........

11. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

12. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

[​IMG]

13. apollo33

apollo33 Member

the fact posters like you aren't banned is the reason the GARM is so bad sometimes.

14. dragonz

dragonz Member

If I'm Jesus, I would put a lightning on this thread and let it burn.

15. khfxxx

khfxxx Member

Our players are find. It's the coaching staff....

16. khfxxx

khfxxx Member

fixed

17. fattz

fattz Member

You get a 100. &, Lin and Harden will learn to play together nicelly.

18. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

what make you think something is wrong with the coaching? we play fine ..the players are visible improving from game to game!!! we have 4-6 and last night was the only game that wasn't close up to last minute and/or decided by bad referee calls..so i guess coaching is pretty good as well from what i see...

19. VanityHalfBlack

If I were King, I'd own about 10 countries and a sports team is the last on my list....

20. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

GARM has a funny way of overrating rookies after a spectacular dunk highlights or a good game.
    Can you actually you imagine TJones match up against Griffin, Love, Aldrrige, Gasol, or even Glen Davis??? I guarantee it ain't gonna be purty...