1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If I was a Rocket's fan, this would scare me to death:Harden & other guys = trophy

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by what, Oct 29, 2012.

1. what

what Member

This is basically what morey said. For that to be even remotely true, Harden would have to be the second coming of AI or Brandon Roy and neither one is even remotely true right now. I get the feeling that Morey (in his mind) thinks he traded for a lebron level superstar rather than a nice addition.

And I actually like some of your players. I think you have a core of nice defensive talent:

Asik
    Harden
    Parson

But I can't help but to think this is Shane Battier over again. I perennial 8th seed.

1 person likes this.
  2. vernonmaxwell86

3. KingHRockets

KingHRockets Member

when did morey say this?

4. budo09

budo09 Member

5. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

Morey said you need atleast 2 maybe three starts to have a chance to win, and that this is a start with one. He said there is still more to do, that he needs to get another star or develop one. He never said that thats all that needs to be done and we are ready to contend as we stand.

6. DreHNIC

DreHNIC Member

What is your point of this thread? I read it three times and am still confused......................

7. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

I'm lost?

Our team...ain't them your team too?

8. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

the point is shane battier is an nba champion

1 person likes this.
  9. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

Shane Battier? You think harden is only as good as Shane? Harden is already a very skilled allstar caliber player at 23 with room to grow. Saying he is Shane is underrating Harden's current skill and future potential skill if you ask me.

10. DreHNIC

DreHNIC Member

No he clearly stated he wasn't a Rockets fan. READ:)

11. EarlIII

EarlIII Member

Nah. After reading his quotes in recent articles, Harden has the attitude to become elite. He knows that he's not elite now, and he knows that it takes a tremendous amount of work to become elite. That's amazing insight and maturity for a 23 yr old. They say that it's all mental at the highest level.

12. Rocket_Man_2.0

:confused:...Rockets have enough cap space to sign 1 more max player. ex. Chris Paul. They also need one of the rookies Tjones, Montijunas, White to turn into a really player. Tjones looks like that guy. Harden + Max Signing + Allstar Rookie=Contender.This team is NOT done building so I don't know what the point of this thread is. :confused:

13. Rocket_Man_2.0

Harden is already an Allstar and he'll have a breakout year and be a superstar after this season. We need one of our rookies to become an allstar, also.

14. FanOnGessner

FanOnGessner Member

Did you just compare James Harden to Shane Batter....?

*epic facepalm*

15. treyk3

treyk3 Member

James Harden is the next Rudy Gay, watch out y'all.

16. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I seriously don't understand how you can compare James Harden (brought in to be the cornerstone) to Shane Battier (brought in to be the final piece of a contender in return for the best player on the planet)

17. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

I like how you stipulated that Morey thinks this "in his mind", as opposed to the other type of thinking.

18. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Harden was 16|4|4 off the bench in his 3rd season, deferring to 2 established talents. The one area he excelled was in 'closing out' games (or being clutch)

Would anyone be shocked to see him go 20+|5|5 this season? I wouldn't be. If he's a 20|5|5 guy who is clutch, then um? He's entering the superstar stratosphere isn't he? (yes, I said IF he is - let's wait and see!)

19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

This is not close to Battier at all. Battier was a addition to a already established team trying to just get better right away.

For those that don't know 'What' is a Grizzlies fan.

20. what

what Member

For those of you who can't understand how I would compare Harden to Battier, you might realize that in the shane battier deal the rockets gave up a highly rated draft pick for a veteran.

I also can't figure out how people think that comparing Harden to Battier is ridiculous. Harden is NOT this superstar that you think he is. He scored 16 points last year, and this was his BEST year as a pro. 16 points, and now it is ridiculous to compare him to shane?