1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If I had my choice regarding Drexler

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by don grahamleone, Aug 25, 2013.

?

If you had your choice regarding Drexler

1. We win, we have to listen to clubbing baby seals

71 vote(s)
    82.6%
  2. Second championship never happened, Calvin colors up our broadcasts

10 vote(s)
    11.6%
  3. I don't care either way, I don't have an opiƱo-Lin

5 vote(s)
    5.8%
  1. LiveEatSleepRox

I will never get tired of being reminded about clubbing baby Nocioni's

2. jlowe362

jlowe362 Member

Congrats

If you had 1

3. heypartner

heypartner Member

Utah couldn't beat us back then. We won the regular season series, too (discounting the last game when Hakeem sat to rest for the playoffs). They didn't have a good enough fastbreak yet. They still needed Byron Russell to emerge as a starter and to draft Shandon.

Remember, in the first round Pete Chilcutt was guarding Malone (Rudy hadn't switched Horry to PF, yet) and we still won. Drexler did wake up in Game 4 and 5, and played a huge role. But, that series needed Thorpe the most out of all of them.

4. luckytxn

luckytxn Member

Lol

Well said. Drexler had no defense at all. Thorpe would have been a huge help inside and defense.

5. conquistador#11

if the drexler trade doesn't happen everything in the space time continuum would be disrupted! who knows some of younger posters wouldn't exist if your parents hadn't gotten in on because of it being june and celebrating a championship! don't mess with the past!

6. Rokman

Rokman Member

I misunderstood the question and voted wrong. Oh well. I'd keep the championship but man I want Calvin back.

7. HOUSTONJS

HOUSTONJS Member

I didn't say Hakeem "would" underachieve. I said the team WAS underachieving during the regular season. It was eerily similar to what the heat were last season to start off. Yes, they were winning game but the fervor was not there and it was a doldrum to be out there on the floor from what I saw. I was also not saying that we got better in terms of our winning but more so in the way that we were seemingly more emotionally charged. My previous post was not in any way shape or form a slight on Hakeem who always brings it and elevates his game come playoff time.

8. luckytxn

luckytxn Member

OK

Now it is they were seemingly more emotionally charged? Maybe to you but I never seemingly saw what you seem to have seen. We went in and came out with a Championship.We did it with outstanding play from Thorpe also. Afterwards I saw Hakeem have to go to extreme heights to overcome the loss of Thorpe.

9. hairyme

hairyme Member

I'm just checking in for my compulsory defending of Clyde's commentary; though, it's nice to see others chime in! I was beginning to think I was the only one with a sense of humor around here...

10. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Training camp can't get here soon enough.