1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If Harden and Paul meet in the Finals...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bro2044, Jun 7, 2021.

1. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

Awesome fn pic!

dc rock likes this.
  2. riko

riko Member

Nets Record with harden 31-9 without harden 11 wins 13 losses. Enough said. As for the choke . He averaged 28 points 11 assists 8 boards 2 steals on 55 percent shooting and 46 from the three. Some choker. Get real bozo

fattz and D-rock like this.
  3. mastan

mastan Member

Agian going to regular season stats....he is the choker master at playoffs not in regular season.

coachbadlee likes this.
  4. riko

riko Member

Playoff stats 28 points 11 assists 8
    Boards 2 steals on 55 percent and 46 from the three. You are a fool . I got better things to do to argue with a bitter lin fan

mightybosstone and D-rock like this.
  5. mastan

mastan Member

one playoff series against a barely playoff team with the help of KD and Kyrie + Blake Griffin cannot undo the numerous choking performances he had in the past.

coachbadlee likes this.
  6. HardenVolumeOne

curry going back to 2014 has been bailed out by iggy, klay and recently Durant in the playoffs. Harden leads the nets in net rating

D-rock likes this.
  7. bmelo

bmelo Member

When did he loose when healthy? Once or twice?

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Harden learned when he blocked rookie sensation Luguentz Dort that the playoffs are less about net ratings but clutch moments and pure execution when it matters.

9. bmelo

bmelo Member

In elimination games or go-ahead games? Because thats where the choke happens. Not some averages for first round spanking of Memphis grizzlies. He had to be bailed out by CP everytime **** got tough, i cant remember tough series with great teams that he won without him

coachbadlee likes this.
  10. mightybosstone

Harden has earned his "choker" moniker over the years, but it's worth pointing out that the dude has still been an elite level player in the postseason in his career. Even factoring in his OKC days, his career postseason averages are 24/6/5/2 on 43/34/87 shooting splits.

He's 35th in all-time playoff PPG, 16th in career postseason PER, 22nd in career postseason WS/48 and 10th in career playoff BPM. Sure. Those are lower ranks than his regular season numbers, but he's still an all time great level player in the playoffs.

The man has had his duds in the playoffs when defenses are tougher and points are harder to come by, but most guys' production drops off in the playoffs. He's had some great postseason performances in his career, too, that no one ever talks about because it doesn't fit their convenient narrative of the guy.

The Rockets may havr lost some games or series because of James, but they wouldn't have even made any deep postseason runs or won any series at all if it wasn't for him. Remember how T-Mac literally never got out of the first round? It feels like he gets a pass for it among most Rockets fans, but Harden gets crucified for actually getting us to the second or third round most seasons.

11. bmelo

bmelo Member

@riko
    I checked Hardens stats for elimination games. For a guy that went like 36ppg in regular season if thats not a definition of choker then i dont know what choker is. He averages almost same number of turnovers as assists lol. 31% for 3 in his „unguardable” stepback. Thats exactly how i remember him. Even Westbrook has better stats in elimination games than him.... not to even mention LeBron Or Curry they are in different stratosphere
    • 24.2 PPG, 5.2 RPG, 5.4 APG, 2.5 SPG, 0.6 BPG on .423/.314/.800 splits with 4.5 TOV/g.

mastan and beardsanity713 like this.
  12. Victorious

Victorious Member

I think we should be rooting for Nets to win. They win now, I think it's more like they go off and do their own thing sooner. Kd and harden go off to their next super team, Kyrie retires to teach kindergarten, ect.

If Nets don't win the title, I think they'll just be more hungry to try to win one until they do. If those three want a ring, there's no better place right now. I think the sooner they get a ring, the sooner they will want to leave and do their own thing

D-rock likes this.
  13. fattz

fattz Member

2011 - 2017 the Clippers on paper were a better team then the one he is on now. He has been around a long time and to say he doesn’t lose in the playoffs is just serial. Even the Hornets teams had talent around him. Last year’s run with OKC was more than amazing. He has been in the league since 2005 and his year with US (Harden) is as close to the championship he has ever been. Look at the number of championship and length of time and know he loses every year. He has been healthy for most of his career?

D-rock likes this.
  14. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I'm embarrassed being a Rockets fan seeing CP3 fitting so well with the Suns and that we traded him for John Wall. Who's going to catch these hands? Tilman or Harden for this bullshit.

mastan and bro2044 like this.
  15. fattz

fattz Member

Westbrook fits somewhere in the store line. Judging by Harden’s actions he thinks the same of John Wall.

16. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

I think everybody deserves a little blame.

Cp3 came in out of shape, up until that point, we really couldn't depend on him with his health. Some wondered if we would be able to move his contact, hell we had to give up draft picks to move cp3 (thanks morey!). That should tell you the state of cp3 at the time. And maybe if he didn't ride Harden so damn hard, Harden wouldn't have wanted him out. Not the first time cp3 rubbed his teammates the wrong way.

D-rock likes this.
  17. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I have always said that Harden couldn't lead a team out of a paper bag.

beardsanity713, bmelo and mastan like this.
  18. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Gianna is only good if he is charging over players without getting called for it.

D-rock likes this.
  19. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

If it happens It will be an easy choice to root for the Suns.

I still hate Durant with a a passion, and while I can never hate Harden, I also can't forget how his tenure ended. He suggested we bring on Westbrooks sorry ass, and Ok'ed that joke of a trade. He then forced his way out of the mess he had a big part in making. A lot of people around here can't remove their lips from Harden's schlong long enough to see that.

I will go to my grave thinking that if Harden said no to the trade, Morey would have added even more firepower and we very likely roll over the Lakers last season.

#119 sealclubber1016, Jun 12, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2021
  20. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Harden
    They didn’t get along
    Too many stories about Chris

plus I’m not rooting for the nets
    That’s a team of mercenaries