1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If Eric Gordon demands 3 years 53 million contract

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BigBum, Mar 1, 2019.

?

If Eric Gordon demands 3 years 53 million contract

1. Sign and keep him

46 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. Trade him next season

138 vote(s)
    75.0%
  1. RocketOrg

RocketOrg Member

His market value right now is low. The league knows he’s injury prone and he’s shooting a career low 32% from 3. Add to that he’s 30-years-old. If Morey gives gives him anything more than 10-12 a year then he’s a damn fool. I’m guessing he gets traded.

Stormy1234 and hakeem94 like this.
  2. BigBum

BigBum Member

I thought Eric Bledsoe is worth 3 years 35 million, but he gets 4year 70m.
    Market value is overpaid, maybe because of big cap rooms 12 teams have.

MiddleMan likes this.
  3. Red Hova

Red Hova Member

I think Gordon is worth that, hell he paid Ryno 20 million. The problem here is where that puts the Rockets in regards to getting a 3rd super star that Morey covets.

bballjunkie likes this.
  4. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Eric Bledsoe just signed for 70mil over 4 years, which is a complete steal imo. He's all-nba level defender and can provide consistent offense.

Is EG as good as Bledsoe? I don't think so, not even close imo. At the most, EG should be worth only 12mil/year when Bledsoe is getting paid 17mil/year.

Bledsoe is giving you 16ppg/5a/5r with all-nba level defense
    EG is giving you 16ppg/2a/2r with average defense

They both shoot the same % from 3 and Bledsoe is 1 year younger.

fattz, Garner and Stormy1234 like this.
  5. BeBreezy

BeBreezy Member

His middle name is Ambrose, not sure where you're getting the F from. [​IMG]

6. biff17

biff17 Member

Gordon is 37% career 3point shooter Bledsoe is 32%, I think you are also underating Gordon's defense.

they are very comparable players.

Vivi likes this.
  7. Vivi

Vivi Member

That's basically the extension the Rockets offered him last summer and he refused to sign it...regardless, if we cannot trade him for someone better or for a younger/cheaper player with potential, we have no choice but to try to resign him and hope for the best. If he walks, we can't get another player as good as him anyway.

bacliff likes this.
  8. solid

solid Contributing Member

Kiss him goodbye. He is way too fragile, inconsistent, undependable. He has had a very subpar year and faded in the playoffs last season.

9. biff17

biff17 Member

10. HROZ

HROZ Member

I mean contenders shouldn't care about $$$ especially after we get under the tax this year.

So trade Gordon for upgrade in talent but otherwise 17 mill is reasonable for a 3rd-4th option

11. bacliff

bacliff Member

I didn't remember that so thanks for info. He is worth it if he stays healthy as he brings us a lot but he is no Bledsoe.

12. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Another f'ing hypothetical that invites posters to s*** on one of the Rockets.

New thread: If BigBum starts a thread in 2020 hating on Harden, is he an a'hole? I'm saying IF. . . .

Rocket River likes this.
  13. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

What you’re saying is....get the F out?

BeBreezy likes this.
  14. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

15. fattz

fattz Member

Simple
    would you trade EG for Bledsoe?
    if the answer is yes (I think most would) than Bledsoe is worth a bigger contract because he has greater value between the two.

16. BigBum

BigBum Member

Most people would not trade eg for Bledsoe. Eg is clutch. Bledsoe is nothing special.

17. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Gotta trade this guy regardless.

18. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

EG is not even a super role player anymore, he is a role player. He outplayed his contract his first two years, and this year he has played to his contract. He is a frustrating player to watch this year for me. He is a quiet and timid dude, but he makes a lot of boneheaded plays and seems to have a low basketball IQ. The most frustrating thing is that he has the ability to get to rim almost as well as harden, but cant finish and then he throws his hands up in the air for a foul EVERY SINGLE TIME. It is very annoying. $53mm, Morey will find a replacement. This is not the 2016 off season where people are going to blow max money on role players. Bledsoe was simply overpaid, AGAIN.

19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

He isn’t worth more than $15 mil a year.

He’ll make a great trade chip for someone who is.

20. fattz

fattz Member

WOW!
    Solid point guard starter - vs - role player (6th man)

FYI —> last time Bledsoe was a RFA DM offered the max for him and the Suns matched —> fact —> Our GM thinks he is special. I know that was a while back but it did happen.

His fit with Harden would be incredible - PBev of old with offense or 75% of Paul at less than 1/2 the cost

To say Bledsoe is nothing special is insane —> the Greek Freek is able to shine because of Bledsoe.

I will stay again most (not all) would trade EG for Bledsoe. (I think DM is included because of his past actions). —> 99% if you will, BigBum ;-). I am not looking for a argument.

Just wow