1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If Durant signs with Spurs, trade Harden?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by smuduffy, May 10, 2016.

1. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Your worst take since TJones

#81 treyk3, Jun 3, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2016
  2. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

That's not enough for Harden, because the #3 pick this year is a complete question mark, the rest of the picks suck, and IT, while fun and nice play to watch and root for, is maxed out now.

Maybe... MAYBE... if its the #3 and all their future rights to Nets picks, of which I believe they still have the right to swap in 2017 and the 2018 outright.

Give me a Russell, #2 package, and I'm intrigued.
    Give me Noel, Saric, #1 pack and I'm intrigued.

But these hypotheticals are pointless. There is no chance Les Alexander pursues a deal like that, especially after hiring MDA.

3. apollo33

apollo33 Member

How many draft picks can really lead us to golden state level. Golden State has once in a life time luck and talent, that just doesn't happen whenever you like it.

I have yet to see a team in the past few years build a championship team through high drafts other than OKC and to an extent golden state, but Curry wasn't even top 5 pick, it was just luck.

Philly have gone nowhere, New Orleans are mediocre, Raptors took 7 years since they drafted DeRozan to go past second round and they have had a lot of top picks over the years, Portland is middle of the pack playoffs team, Kings gone nowhere, Minny still is looking up, but haven't made playoffs since god knows when.

There's no definite good way to "rebuild" we didn't even do that badly considering we never had a losing season. You have to get lucky with players like Curry, which is more than a crap shoot. Might as well crap shoot with FA

4. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Threw out the Barkley/Scottie/Dream, Francis/Mobley, Tmac/Yao, and Harden/D12 years, its been some great playoff series but nothing really dominating, i mean a finals appearance to say the least.

Really its just time rebuild the team. I mean unless you think you can get Some quality free agents around Harden, which i dont think will happen..

If you get Some Tier 3 guys again on bloated contracts with mike coaching its going to be one sorry season.

5. lionaire

lionaire Member

Rather watch a one man Harden show for the next 2 years than be a Western conference bottom feeder for the next 5 in hopes of landing a top lottery pick with hopes of that lottery pick not being a bust.

1 person likes this.
  6. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Rockets are going to be like the 2001 sixers, but they dont have iverson, they wont get to the finals, and they arent in the eastern confrence nor can they get past the top 4-5 teams in the west with just harden, and no side kick. 2 more years of this and you get a really weak team, kinda like the nuggets got with Montrezz Harrell being the next Faried with all the scoring duties and Mcdaniels being the next Avery Bradley coached by Pringles, enjoy lol..

1 person likes this.
  7. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Jesus do we have the worst fans or what???
    I wouldn't trade Harden for anyone.
    Championship or bust doesn't mean lets get rid of one of the best players in the league just because we're probably not winning it all next year. You add more pieces to play with him. Try for Durant. When he signs elsewhere you move on and try to find other players to help Harden.
    Another thing people don't realize is the risk of rebuilding. You miss the playoffs a couple years and your fan base can take a hit; lose money; get a bad reputation as a destination. Jesus, bunch of quitters around here. I can be a pessimist throughout the year when we're playing like garbage, but not gonna trade the best player we've gotten the past decade.

1 person likes this.
  8. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

our best chance at a future is with james harden - how can some fans not get that?

he's a baller!

do not trade james harden.

1 person likes this.
  9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

harden is such a tremendous talent that you almost never trade him away. however with MDA here now, this organization is going absolutely nowhere and harden is likely to leave in 2 summers anyways. we'll probably be entertaining offers for him in a year..

10. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

the premise of this thread is kinda b**** made. just sayin'

11. albuster

albuster Member

You beat me to it. I was gonna say that the team 10 years ago was better than this team, if we talk about players involved as a team. So, indeed, how can we be set back by a decade when this team and whatever is done with it over the summer will not be any better. There are just no significant FA's out there who are likely to sign with the Rockets.

12. rockets13champs

13. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I'll bet you 50$ in the tip jar that we have a better record than portland next season? You in?

14. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Yes because that 06 squad went really far? Ohh Ya that's right they didn't even make the playoffs.

Lol did you guys even watch this team 10 years ago?

You guys realize that is making the playoffs 4 straight years is the longest streak we've had since Hakeem was at the tail end of his prime.

1 person likes this.
  15. albuster

albuster Member

I beg to disagree. That team lost in seven games to the Jazz in the first round so they did go to the playoffs. If you noticed I reiterated the term TEAM in order to contrast that TEAM to the gaggle of players this past season which was supposed to be a TEAM.

Furthermore, that 2006 team had Yao, TMac, Battier, Mutombo, Alston, who is arguably better than the pg's last season, and Chuck Hayes. That was a much better team, if healthy, than this past season's version of the Rockets.

So, still, there is no sense in talking about being set back a decade being that the past decade was also a decade of constant wholesale changes to the players.

16. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Looks like you have no interest in Our Houston Rockets. Harden is the foundation of our team, no matter whi can get or not! Y:p

17. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Looks like you have no interest in Our Houston Rockets. Harden is the foundation of our team, no matter who can get or not! Y:p

18. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Pretty sure they did not make the playoffs that year. They lost too jazz the 07 season. I know this because I was watching mayweather vs dela Hoya during game 7 that we botched.

Either way I likeed those teams my name is yaoming#1 but seriously the west was worse than it is now and that team could not get over the hump they had plenty of chances.

The best year was the 1st year of Mac/Yao were once again we threw away a 2-0 lead to the mavs. Obviously the 09 years was nice and had Yao not went done that could have been a championship season.

But the reality is even if Yao didn't go down that team as we know it was over. Battier was not very good anymore tmac was DONE and Ron artest prb would have stayed but his career took a nose dive after that season.

It would have been Yao/brooks/Lowry/scola/battier/artest

That team is prob good enough to make a top 6 seed but that team would never truely contend.

Regardless what ppl want to think last season was the best year we've had in 20 years. I don't undertand how it's that hard to comprehend.

If MOREY did anything worng it's breaking up that 1st year team with dwight. They should have built around those core players. Kept parsons kept lin. Traded asik for a player instead of salary cap relief. That team was young and had a point differential that was on par with being a true contender. We mest that up trying To create a super team.