1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If Durant signs with Spurs, trade Harden?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by smuduffy, May 10, 2016.

1. smuduffy

smuduffy Member

So, if Durant ends up signing with the Spurs, can we just throw in the towel with the Harden experiment early?

Golden State and the Spurs seem to be locks for the top spots in nba at least for a few years. There aren't really any very good players that we can really sign around harden currently. He seems very self-focused and doesn't care about defense, so its impossible to build around that.

I would just trade Harden at that point. you would have to get top picks though and just start your rebuild. I could be wrong and perhaps a defensive minded coach can change things, but I dont think anyone is putting that ego back in the bottle.

i think that would also mean that les is selling the team at that point, as he wouldn't stand around for a rebuild.

Alternatively, we can try for the #3 spot in the West every year!

2. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

Yeah Frauden sucks embarrasses Houston & doesn't try to get better anymore. He's just a fatter Carmelo with less talent and good acting skills

He's signed with loser brands like Adidas and Trolli gummy worms (lmao) we gotta trade this scrub while he still has value

3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

eyes on the draft, scout for the next player of the decade. Thats the only way houston wins a ring.

4. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Yeah because players never get hurt..

5. Exiled

Exiled Member

How about Harden & Durant to the Spurs:grin:, excellent strategy , Rockets should 'd traded Hakeem in 91, MJ was having it all

6. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Im sick of these ****ty threads.

A lot of lottery picks never become all stars let alone superstars. There are literally 20 teams in the league that would fall head over heels to have a player like Harden.

The spurs will be a good team for a very long time but they will dip, and teams will start to figure out the Warriors (not saying they will regress, but history shows that eventually all good things begin to slow down).

Also, bull**** to your theory that outside of Durant there's no good players available.

Give me strength

2 people like this.
  7. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I don't want to watch this team become the next Sixers experiment. No thanks.
    Its even like before where you had great role players with heart.

Watching this team play 82 games without Harden and Dwight is not something I want to experience.

8. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

Some how I feel Durant will be the next Charles Barkley, having multiple MVP caliber seasons but will not win the whole thing.

Hopefully Durant will be like KG where he will finally win it although in a different team.

9. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Lol, sure let's trade Harden since Warriors/Spurs are good. At least if the team builds around Harden you could get another small window, pulling a 76ers is stupid because you might not get ****.

10. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

OP just go cheer for the Spurs :) lol, like others have mentioned, if this forum was around in the 80s/90s Lakers/Celtics/Pistons/Bulls, "**** it, trade Hakeem there's no hope!!!" and no Harden isn't Hakeem, but he sure could become something special. You only trade a star when there's no more windows of opportunity or he literally says "trade me, **** you".... Or you know he won't re-sign. Harden is under contract and an offseason can change everything.

11. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

or offer minny anything we have but harden for towns. and we'll take on their bad contracts, which is only one, pekovich. get a 3rd team involved if they want. anyone but harden from the rockets

that or take a long ass break from rockets assketball

12. WilliamGCash

WilliamGCash Member

Watching this team play another 82 games with Harden and Dwight is not something I want to experience.

13. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

i say offer anyone but harden for Curry, i mean might as well you know.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

portland and couple teams are clearly better than the Rox

15. Asian Sensation

Or you could be in the Wolves position whose future is a million times better than the Rockets and it's not even debatable.

They have 1 possibly 2 franchise players and perhaps a 3rd even. Plus they have a legit coach now.

We have no coach, a GM and owner who aren't on the same page, no starting PG, SF, PF or Center. Well I guess they can start but they'll either be the worst or very near the bottom of the list compared to other starters. We are old and lack talent among other things. It would take a miracle this summer to "fix" this team.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I agree only with the part to give Harden one or two more years

but to say rebuilding deep through the draft is stupid that is ridiculous

Yup the 6ers do not know how to get out of being a bad team but it aint that hard

You need to add veteran players and allstars

they did not do that and they gave away promising players like MCW after a little while

17. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

they gave him away because he is an awful player. MCW is a horrible player, his stats were inflated because he had the ball in his hands on a bad team. Ricky Davis once averaged 20-5-5 on a bad team

18. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

another rubbish thread, so if a team goes bad, you get rid of your best player ?

what a stupid idea. It would set us back 10 years

1 person likes this.
  19. Asian Sensation

More like he's giving us 1-2 years. He's an UFA in 2018. Better get him his choice of coach and fill them staring roster spots cause otherwise he gone. Well... He's probably still gone anyway hence why I think we should trade him.

We ain't winning **** by 2018 and the chances of attracting another franchise calibre player before then is slim.

20. Vivi

Vivi Member

I'm not sure...the Spurs don't look that strong without Duncan, and aside the fact that if he's going to retire they'll sign a center (probably Pau) and not a SG/SF, at this point i think there's a little chance they will be in play for Durant, i think they'll not be as strong as you can think, Pau is still good but Duncan is/was just one of the best ever, they just cannot replace him.

Don't get me wrong, the Spurs will still be a great team in this scenario, but no Duncan is a big difference.