1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

If Deshaun goes, I go

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Two Sandwiches, Jan 15, 2021.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well, due to Watson's actions, publicly throwing a tantrum for not getting his way and telling people he doesn't want to be here anymore, there's literally no chance that Bienemy comes here....or any other highly regarded head coach.

Watson's actions has made the Texans HC job the most undesirable job in the league. No one wants to sign on somewhere that has a malcontent QB who makes a public spectacle if things don't go his way.

I agree that Cal should have handled things better and Easterby should have been out long ago, but that mistake does not justify Watson's actions.

I hope the "fans" cheering Watson on while he sets fire to the franchise will enjoy the fallout from it, because it's not going to be good.

2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

What team would you guys go to?

3. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I think I’ve stopped caring

4. Mattician

Mattician Member

Probably none.

It'll just be me watching and hoping specific teams don't win it all, lol.

5. raining threes

See you

Watson wanted to pick the next GM and now he wants to pick the next HC. There's no way the McNair's with Bienemy's past (Hitting a female parking attendant) and covering up a rape as an assistant coach at Colorada are going to hire Bienemy. (Interviewing him is a waste of time.) BTW, if could what I listed above be the reason why Bienemy hasn't landed one of the other five or so HC positions he's interviewed for? Or could it be that the Chiefs offense is Andy Reid's offense and has a generational QB running it? Other Reid proteges Pederson has been fired and Nagy should've been fired.

It's obvious Watson wants a minority HC and I could actually see Cal hiring Caldwell to try to appease Watson. Just another reason why there will be no Lombardi's down on Kirby anytime soon.

Watson sure didn't have any issues signing that 156 million dollar contract while Easterby was here.

6. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

You're letting your political views cloud what Watson's trying to do. It happened to a few people here. Your narrative is false.

7. Two Sandwiches

I would debate between none, the team Watson went to, and a team that's local to me.

Fulgore likes this.
  8. Two Sandwiches

This thread could also be called, "Fools, reveal yourselves!"

9. awc713

awc713 Member

I hope the greater Houston area boycotts this pathetic franchise if Deshaun in fact leaves. The audacity of Texans PR to gloat about sold out games...let’s see what they say when NRG has 2-5k fans mostly comprised of the other team’s fans. Janice needs to take over operation, turn it over to the GM, dump Easterby, and do everything reasonable that Deshaun requests, if that bridge is still even in tact. What an utter embarrassment. I won’t be a part of it and I hope other Houstonians take the same stand. Our weather during football Sundays is too good to waste on this hellhole organization!

BMoney likes this.
  10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

What Watson is doing is lighting the franchise on fire because he didn't get his way. It's active sabotage.

Feel free to spin it, or agree with it, but that's what it is.

You either support the franchise, or you cheer Watson attempting to destroy it, but you can't do both.

If you pick Watson, you weren't a fan to begin with, so have fun following him wherever he ends up.

11. Two Sandwiches

You're a great comedian. And you're very simple minded.

Remember when you tried to morph Kaepernick into a white ginger baseball player? This is not dissimilar.

If you want to to explain the actual scenarios behind this to you, in simpler terms, I will.

Buck Turgidson and Fulgore like this.
  12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

When you go the personal attack route, it's because you are either emotionally compromised, or you have nothing intelligent to say. I don't really feel like getting into a mud slinging contest because I'll just end up doing a better job of it and getting in trouble for it.

If you feel you have to throw a fit and get some sadness out, do it, but leave me out of it.

13. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Bieniemy's rap sheet is disqualifying. Full stop. Is Watson's tantrum related to wanting to hire this guy? Wow. Assaulting a woman? I'm out.

Bieniemy's rap sheet

https://www.sportscasting.com/chief...-a-disturbing-assault-charge-against-a-woman/
    • According to the South Florida Sun-Sentinel, Colorado police arrested Bieniemy and teammate Kanvavis McGhee following a February 1998 bar fight. Bieniemy was charged with disorderly conduct and fighting in public, but he pleaded no contest. He and McGhee each received deferred sentences and performed court-mandated community service.
    • According to the Orlando Sentinel, Bienemy pleaded no contest after allegedly shoving a firefighter on July 4, 1990. Colorado suspended Bieniemy for one game in the upcoming season.
    • Colorado police once again arrested Bieniemy, then in the NFL, in September 1993. The Orlando Sentinel reported that Bieniemy allegedly grabbed a female parking attendant by the neck and threatened her.

The University of Colorado Boulder banned Bieniemy from its campus for one year as a result.

“She stated that the male who grabbed her said something about ‘a bunch of Black males all at once being her worst nightmare,” the attendant told police, according to the arrest report.
    • According to the Daily Bruin, Colorado police arrested Bieniemy on a DUI charge in April 2001, three months after he joined the football staff as a running backs coach. He previously had his driver’s license suspended after numerous violations.
    • Bieniemy was also linked to allegations that Colorado’s football program “used alcohol and sex to lure recruits.” ESPN reported in 2004 that the university discovered there was evidence of drugs and alcohol being used to “entice recruits,” but no university officials were guilty of misconduct.

14. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

I'll watch then come on CFs to laugh at the "real Texans fans" attempt to get behind this franchise...

vinsensual likes this.
  15. Two Sandwiches

Bring it.

Can you at least admit that you love to rewrite history, and you're doing it right now, because you are?

Watson has not demanded anything. He's simply trying to instill a winning culture in a franchise that is entrenched (and apparently wants to stay entrenched) in mediocrity.

He was told he would have input in the situations. He has not demanded a certain candidate. He has all the support of all of his teammates. He is not doing anything to this team that ownership has not invited. He is simply holding a mirror to ownership and trying to help them change the reflection.

Please quit with your simpleton lies.

Fulgore and J.R. like this.
  16. Two Sandwiches

I agree that Bienemy shouldn't be hired. More for his lack of success without world beaters, and less for his past. His past definitely haunts him though.

And, as the rest of the board knows, except maybe four posters, Watson's souring on the franchise has nothing to do with Bienemy.

17. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Watson wants to play for an African American head coach, no? Isn't that what's fueling his desire to be in Miami? It was a really bad year for African American head coaches... only one made the playoffs and he got upset (Tomlin).

18. Two Sandwiches

I don't think that's necessarily the case.

Watson is a big fan of Joe Brady and Matt Eberflus from what I've heard. Or at least a fan. Not sure how big

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm sure you'd love that, but you're simply not worth it.

I think @Clutch would agree.

20. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Anyone that supports the Texans’ franchise at this point is a fool. I’m from Houston and was an Oilers fan as a kid, so I should love and support this franchise. For me, not firing O’Brien after the playoff debacle in Kansas City and trading DeAndre Hopkins for pennies on the dollar combined to be the final straw. I root for Watson and Watt to play well, but I’m not a fan of the franchise anymore.

Remember, this is the same incompetent organization that let Bill O’Brien destroy the talent base because he had personal issues with guys like Hopkins and Clowney and give up tons of future draft picks in an effort to save his job. Even if you think they should have traded both players, the return they got was an absolute joke. They gave both away.

Not to mention, McNair chose to keep O’Brien after he blew a 24-0 lead at Kansas City in the divisional round by the end of the first half and got blown out. It took J.J. Watt getting into it with O’Brien for McNair to finally fire him.

As for Watson, McNair promised him that he would listen to his input on the search for a new GM and head coach. Instead of doing that, he allows Jack Easterby to convince him to ignore the recommendations of Watson and the search firm and hire Nick Caserio. Then, McNair doesn’t even request interviews with any of Watson’s preferred head-coaching candidates until the rumors of Watson wanting out start. Cal McNair’s lack of integrity and incompetence is the reason the team’s franchise QB is pissed off.

#100 DVauthrin, Jan 17, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2021
    IBTL likes this.