1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If Deshaun goes, I go

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Two Sandwiches, Jan 15, 2021.

1. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Nope. Haven't heard of a tantrum yet. Also, Watson is back from vacation. Hasn't officially said he wants off the team, either. By the way, he's got the support of the entire team, and 90% of the fan base, too.

By all accounts, Easterby ce the closest to throwing a tantrum. Not sure if he's a millionaire, though.

DVauthrin likes this.
  2. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Deshaun Watson + JJ Watt

for

#1 Pick in 2021 draft, #25 pick in 2021 draft, Josh Allen (the DE), 1st Round pick in 2022 draft

Who says no?
    (maybe Jacksonville)

Rudyc281 likes this.
  3. Two Sandwiches

That would be underwhelming, to be honest. Very Texans like, but underwhelming.

Apparently people are undervaluing Watson. The league is quarterback driven. He's a top five guy and is 25. He gives you an immediate 15 year championship window, essentially. Which is why Cal is so stupid in all this.

Deshaun should fetch all of that, plus an additional first, by himself, imo. Jacksonville would never do this, by the way.

Judging by Easterby and the team's track record, Deshaun will get traded for Wayne Gallman and a fifth round pick.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  4. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Watson has great value, but we saw him lead the team to a losing record this year. We clearly need more than Watson to turn this team around -- we desperately need a defense. Having a QB on a rookie contract allows you to spend money on defense. Trevor Lawrence + 3 additional 1st round talents getting added with 2 picks and Josh Allen (DE) would go a long way to improving the overall team.

5. Texanstradamus

It’s crazy all this dude wants to do is just win like wtf

6. Two Sandwiches

Can't have that. God doesn't want us to win.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

8. Two Sandwiches

Yep. Hopefully thousands show up. Not sure because of covid.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  9. Jwise44

Jwise44 Member

I hate saying this because of Covid, but it makes me happy people are willing to show their disappointment with the franchise...HOPEFULLY CAL WILL LISTEN

but I highly doubt he will

gatsby, Rudyc281 and Two Sandwiches like this.
  10. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Not enough for Watson and Jacksonville wouldn't do it anyway. Watt should be a separate trade if he wants out or a re-structure. He is still a very good player. This is a real test for Caserio. He might be able to deal with the Jets or Miami and hope Meyers is an idiot and insists on Fields. Lawrence is going to be a great NFL Qb. If you get the Jets two first rounders this year, their first the next two years you might have to do it to re-build. It should be a pretty quick re-build with those kind of picks and our own potentially top 3 picks the next 3 years. Our offensive line will get better and that amount of picks might get you to a very good defense in the next several years.

11. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

That is about the best haul you could ask for if we trade Watson.
    Lawrence plus two additional firsts and a potential elite young pass rusher for Watson and JJ?
    You take that deal, that’s about the only deal that I would accept personally.

ROXRAN and Rudyc281 like this.
  12. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I'm really kind of in agreement with you, but don't think Jacksonville would do it. That's why you pivot to a team that won't get Lawrence and get an extra high draft pick for him (Jets hopefully).

cmoak1982 likes this.
  13. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Yeah only trading Watson for Lawrence.

And a distant 2nd is
    Darnold and 2nd pick

14. Juxtaposed Jolt

I'm very confused with this take.

What tantrum has Watson thrown while on vacation? When has it ever been implied that he wants to name the coach and the FO of the organization, or that he wants complete control of everything?

From reports, it seems like Watson just wants to be clued in on the inner workings of the organization, and simply wants his opinion to be valued and to matter. This isn't some third-string QB wanting some clout. This is your franchise cornerstone for the next 15 years (if luck persists) - why wouldn't he want to know what direction the team is going in?

You want Watson to be a regular employee, that's fine. But even the lowest level employee wants to feel like their opinion matters to a megacorporation.

What actions would negatively impact the team? If Watson wants Bienemy over any other HC, can you point out how that would negatively impact the team? If Watson wants Easterby out, can you point out how that would negatively impact the team?

Notice how literally no one is saying this is the second coming of Harden. Notice how literally no one is saying Watson is wrong for this and the Texans' franchise is right. If there was a side to take, everyone is on Deshaun's side. Everyone except Easterby and McNair.

You're using Harden's template as if it's what this situation is. And it's not.

15. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I do agree here. Can’t paint with broad strokes.
    Typically I do believe that you sign a contract, you honor it.
    I think Watson is a genuinely good dude and is tired of the ineptitude. I can agree with him there.
    I don’t think it’s the same as Harden. Hardens hands were just as dirty as the front office and ownership in terms of the mess that Rockets are in.
    To me, Deshaun and JJ are basically trying to head that off before it gets worse.
    Just my opinion

Shark44 likes this.
  16. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

If it’s Darnold, it would need to be that 2nd and several other firsts and seconds.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  17. Fantasma Negro

Mike Florio jerks it to negative Houston press

cmoak1982 likes this.
  18. Fantasma Negro

Have fun supporting Jacksonville. Loyalty is part of the problem with a lot of sports fans. Sports are supposed to be escapism. Stop supporting teams, its only going to bring you heartache. Watch all sports, as many teams as possible and talk **** online, you'll sleep better. There was a time I wouldn't watch warrior games because I hated Curry, I was only punishing myself. For a while I wouldn't watch cowboy games, missed out on a lot of comedy doing that. The Texans will do what they do, if Deshaun is unhappy just like James they should trade him and let him be in control of his destiny. I'll just watch more Jacksonville games. Nothing any of these players or teams accomplish belongs to us, so why suffer?

#78 Fantasma Negro, Jan 17, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2021
  19. Fantasma Negro

Pretty sure the building will be empty tomorrow but the optics of this will be great

20. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

If DW is going, here's teams/deals I hope Caserio explores. Wash gave up 3 1sts and a 2nd to get Robert Griffin, so I'm thinking 3 1sts, a couple of 2nd/3rds and 1-2 young players is going in position and we hope for a bidding war.

- JAX: 2 x 2021 1sts (1) and (25), 2021 3rd (65), 2022 1st, 2023 2nd and Josh Allen
    - NYJ: 2 x 2021 1sts (2) and (23), 2021 2nd (34), 2022 2nd, 2023 1st and 4th
    - MIA: 2 x 2021 1sts (3) and (18), 2021 2nd (36), 2022 1st and 2nd, with Tua and CB

Getting two 1sts this year would help jumpstart the rebuild and there are 3 QB prospects that have a chance of being really good. Each of these teams could offer that and some early picks in later rounds. Lawrence is the prize and Jax may be intrigued by getting a proven star in Watson vs betting on developing the rookie. If I'm Casero, I'd be less interested in teams picking later in the draft or without the draft capital to pay for a superstar QB.

cmoak1982 and Rudyc281 like this.