1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If Deshaun goes, I go

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Two Sandwiches, Jan 15, 2021.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Not in terms of religion. I'm operating a business. If I want to maximize profits, I need a healthy work environment with happy employees and chosing a religion for them to be preached at while at work goes against that interest of me trying to maximize my profits because I'm creating unnecessary tension amongst my employees.

Cal is a silver spoon fed idiot and doesn't know how to operate a business.

2. fchowd0311

Hopkins was on the bad side with management when Easterby came here and started being the moral police. They didn't like his multiple mothers of his children. They are chosing whom to keep and kick out based on outdated Christian values.

3. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

How are those values "outdated" ???

Should everyone have multiple baby mamas?

4. fchowd0311

They are outdated in the sense that in the modern era, employers don't care about that. Maybe in the days of Henry Ford, employers tried so hard to police your personal lives but that is seen as outdated today.

Obviously there are things like sexual assault allegations and racist comments that employers police but they police that because it actually effects the work environment. A employee having children with multiple women in their lives isn't an issue an employer needs to care about.

If the president of the United States can have children with multiple women, a nfl wide receiver can.

3Rings and Fulgore like this.
  5. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Maybe a poor choice or words on your part. Living life according to Bible principle is not a negative thing or outdated in any way. Same for any other religion and same for athesits like you who want your own level of respect for being a non believer and you get that even when you look down on more spiritual people - NEWSFLASH nobody cares what others believe in!

Problem here is that Cal McNair is allowing his newfound evangelism to suffocate everyone on the team.

If an employee is missing work because he's constantly attending to all the distractions from the multiple mothers then it IS a problem for a company. Hopkins missed alot of practice. How much of that do you think was due to "baby mama drama" ?? Did we get ALL the information from Nuk's tweets or the Michael Irvin interview? Assuredly not.

I agree with your take on delineating politics and religion from a business environment, but couldn't disagree more with the way you push aside faith as an outdated norm.

Before any organized religion humans were believers in higher powers - so no. Its not some outdated ideal - its a big part in many peoples lives and to relinquish it to an embarrassing type of sentiment is wrong on your part especially when using Donald Trump to make a point for you.

raining threes and cmoak1982 like this.
  6. raining threes

Wrong and I cant reveal why Hopkins was traded. But what I will say is Watson's mother pushed for the Hopkins trade. You can accept that as fact or not. Anyway do you like the fact that Watson had his best statistical year ever without Hopkins?

Christian values are never outdated, regardless of what you think.

ROXRAN likes this.
  7. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Agreed completely.
    I’m not an overly religious person, but I’m not knocking anyone’s ideology and faith.
    In a work place, I would side on the keep it to a minimum or don’t force anything upon anyone. As a business owner, you have every right to have your own values too.
    Just don’t force feed it to people.

Verbal Christ and raining threes like this.
  8. fchowd0311

I'm sure I agree with some parts of Christian values in the sense of the biblical lore character known as Jesus and his views on how to treat the poor. Those Christian values I can get behind. Also I understand the importance of a stable 2 parent home to properly raise children to their full potential.

So I'm not saying Hopkins having kids with multiple women is a good thing we should celebrate or something. At this point, with divorse rates so high in this country it seems like almost every other male has kids with multiple women and vice versa. It's not something I think is healthy for society. It creates unnecessary strained relationships and mental health issues from tensions passed down to the children.

However I also believe if an employer's job isn't to be the moral police UNLESS it negatively effects working conditions and your bottom line as an owner.

3Rings, Verbal Christ and cmoak1982 like this.
  9. raining threes

Like I said before, I wish that Janice/Cal would allow their GM to add guys like Hill, Clark and that's where THEIR belief system gets in the way and keeps them from putting the best product possible on the field. It's also why they will never win anything and I've been saying this for many years.

With this said, I dont believe they are pushing their value systems on the players that are already here.

Totally agree about Cal not having a clue about how to run a business. Apparently those Rice MBA's aren't worth what they used to be worth.

fchowd0311 and cmoak1982 like this.
  10. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Is this a Delonte West situation?

Two Sandwiches and fchowd0311 like this.
  11. fchowd0311

I feel like MBAs are just meant for networking and the curriculum isn't intended to be excessively challenging. At least that's my perception and I could be wrong. Rice is an elite school so their MBA curriculum could be challenging.

raining threes likes this.
  12. raining threes

No

edwardc likes this.
  13. edwardc

edwardc Member

It's a shame that JE is pushing this team to the brink of folding that fans aren't happy with the decision that are being made so go ahead and trade D4 to another team so the fans can fully turn on hope for new ownership.

14. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

I’m out. In fact, my favorite teams will be the teams playing the Texans each week. Until Cal sells I hope this team loses every game.