1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If CP3 fails to show up again...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dkoune, May 9, 2019.

1. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I'll say this, I'd feel decently confident in Game 7, if they win Game 6.
    Like maybe 55/45 in our favor.

But like you, Game 6 is not giving me good feels. This is a classic let-down game.

We think they should be jazzed, excited and playing their best. But in reality it might be Steph, Klay and Dray who are excited to get back to GSW motion basketball while Harden and co. sulk about the missed opportunity (see Spurs game 6)

#21 JayZ750, May 9, 2019
    Last edited: May 9, 2019
    dkoune, Vivi, Hakeemtheking and 4 others like this.
  2. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That first part is going to happen for sure.

Some people have forgotten how damn good a Steph-centric offense really is. Warriors are SCARY with that dude shooting 30 times. CP3/Rivers/Gordon better be ready to get up into that ass. We need to be firing on ALL CYLINDERS to have a chance to win. One positive is that PJ will have some more freedom defensively off Durant. Hopefully we can use him to bully Draymond and clean up some of our perimeter switches.

Beard needs to play the exact same way he played last night, but this time F'ING CP3 NEEDS TO PLAY COCKY.

Hakeemtheking, javal_lon and HP3 like this.
  3. JayZ750

CP3 played TOO cocky. He doesn't have it anymore. How many times can he charge straight into a defender? Or be unable to get by Looney?

Of course, EG is 5-22 on threes the last two games, and Rivers reverted to bad Rivers last night.

4. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

CP3 didn't seem confident to me, he seemed unsure of himself.

5. JayZ750

I thought he looked confident. His normal feisty self.

He just can't ISO as well anymore and especially not against this team. And he couldn't hit a three for ****.

But there were definitely occasions in the 4th where he should have thrown it back to James and gotten out of the way.

6. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Whatever it is, I hope he figures some **** out tomorrow night, or we might be praying for Morey miracles this offseason. :(

Like you said, shooting 40 percent from three would be a great start.

7. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Win Game 7, this thread should burn. Rockets are -7 favorite in Game 6, they've never been this favorite against the Warriors as long as Curry became MVP. The 3rd game the Rocket were favorites -3 and 4th game -1. Most importantly, I feel confident that Durant's 30 point is going to hurt more than CP3 and Capela playing ghost. And we are going to Game 7, some of us may not want it, the NBA does. I'd be shocked if the NBA refs give Warriors calls at Rockets home game.

RudyTBag likes this.
  8. JayZ750

I'm not sure it's a matter of figuring it out. He CAN'T DO IT ANYMORE.

Not against this level of defense.

I mean James got his MVP, so I can't feel too bad for him. And he was as much a driver of the CP3 trade as anyone, probably. But they could have literally said to him, we're going to pay you $40+ million a year, it's going to be a tough few years, we'll pick up some lotto picks, and have endless cap room summer of 2019. And we'd be here ready to sign players like KD, Kemba, Kawhi, Klay or Jimmy.

The absolute ONLY way this isn't a disaster of Harden's prime is to win the next two.

And if we're counting on your turn, my turn to do that, we're doomed.

9. J.R.

J.R. Member