1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If Both LAL and ROX Get Out in the First Round, Would You Do a Yao for Bynum Trade?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by EGYPT, Feb 28, 2008.

?

Would You Trade Yao for Bynum

1. Yes, I would do it

34 vote(s)
    11.1%
  2. No, I would not

253 vote(s)
    82.4%
  3. Not sure, I have reservations

20 vote(s)
    6.5%
  1. maniguang

maniguang New Member

can we trade Luis Scola for Paul Gasol?

2. Winrockets

Winrockets Member

Only one thing can explain this poll, EGYPT is a closet Lakers fan.

3. EGYPT

EGYPT Member

Absolutely not. Do I think that the trade can benefit Yao? YES. I also think the trade can benefit the ROX if Yao's career is in jeopardy after this injury and the soon to come Olympics.

This forum is made to talk basketball and for one to discuss issues with other ROX fans, and all you guys do is accuse people of being idiots or spies just because you do not like their opinion on a certain topic.

4. EGYPT

EGYPT Member

I guess you can apply that to Yao also becasue on his first 3 years he played all but 2 games and after the big contract he started getting injured :rolleyes: . Shaq never got lazy until after his 3rd ring and I am willing to take that chance.

5. drc3906

drc3906 Member

My question to all of the people that want to trade Yao because of his injury is....what makes you think other teams are going to trade for him if he is SOOOO injure prone? You think we are going to get the same value or production from Byrum if we would trade for him, using Yao as trade bait of course. You really think we would be better off production wise without Yao, but having Byrum, Oden, Okafor, etc.... instead? Give me a break. Okay basketball geniuses, I want you all to go ahead and give the Rocket's back-office a call and tell them that "I want to take DM's job because I can do it better and I know what's best for the team...Yao has to go....Call L.A. right now and tell them we are trading Yao for Byrum like it or not". I'm sure they would get a kick out of that. Oh, and also, Duncan didn't win San Antonio championships alone. They had a strong team all together, a great coach, and a great game plan. Sorry Egypt, I just don't buy what you are saying; however, it's just my opinion (as you have your own opinion) and I am NOT the GM of the Houston Rocket's. If the Houston Rockets back-office guys ever come on this website I'm sure they get a laugh at some of the crazy ideas people come up with here.

6. T.Mcgrady

T.Mcgrady Member

I find it funny that you criticize Bynum for injuries then you mention EMEKA OKAFOR of all people.

No one sane would trade Yao.

7. cyjtsj

cyjtsj Member

after the trade happens,when Bynum is injured,you can find another C..........

8. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

Then again, Yao might slip walking out his front door going to get the mail. You can't plan for freak accidents, like Big Ben and his motorcycle or Yao and his infected toe. There's simply no way of knowing if Yao will be injured playing in the Olympics. At this point there's no way of knowing if he'll even see significant minutes in the Olympics.

What you can do is look for a history of injury that suggests wear and tear. All of Yao's injuries prior to this one were freak accidents.

9. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

What kinda dumbass trade is this? Just shutup, not only would contracts not work, Yao is not going anywhere, he makes the Rockets Organization too much money.

It isnt a good trade in anyway, I am glad you aren't GM.

10. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

The trade as you've framed it gives the Lakers a starting lineup of Kobe, Yao, Gasol, Odom and Fisher. Admit it, you're Phil Jackson posting here under a pseudonym.

Mr. Jackson, the Rockets are not the Grizzlies. Good luck stealing any more players the way you conned Memphis out of Gasol.

11. rocketsfaninsa

haha you're kidding right? not only is that the stupidest trade on the court, it makes no sense for houston. do you realize how much money yao pulls into our team off marketing and sales alone? this is a business above all else for most, and he is the kind of marketing superstar you don't give up! the only you take back for yao from the lakers is kobe, and they wouldn't make that trade with us.

12. rocketsfaninsa

good input retart....

13. Nero

Nero Member

To the OP,

Repeat the following sentence out loud:

"I am we todd it. I am sofa king we todd it."

Keep repeating it. In fact, put it on a t-shirt and wear it everywhere.

You should also include it in the title of all new threads you create from now on.

14. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

How do I say HELL NO in Chinese?

What exactly has Bynum shown? That he has fatigue problems and can go down with a knee injury just like Yao?

Don't get me wrong, Bynum is nice but Yao is better on both sides of the ball and Bynum hasn't shown that he will develop 60% of the offensive package that Yao currently has. Additionally, he has had fatigue issues early on in his career and he is also out with an injury.

15. zzc1818

zzc1818 Member

this is PATHETIC. Yao is our best player and maybe also the most hard working guy in the league, but he never get respect from our fans :(

16. YaoMcgrady111

YaoMcgrady111 Member

Why don't you shut up ? I'll give you $10,000 to cure your stupidness if you shut up.

17. TheShooter

TheShooter Member

This thread is a joke