1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If Both LAL and ROX Get Out in the First Round, Would You Do a Yao for Bynum Trade?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by EGYPT, Feb 28, 2008.

?

Would You Trade Yao for Bynum

1. Yes, I would do it

34 vote(s)
    11.1%
  2. No, I would not

253 vote(s)
    82.4%
  3. Not sure, I have reservations

20 vote(s)
    6.5%
  1. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

Never Yao for Bynum straight up.

If we're trading Yao to the Lakers (God forbid), I expect Kobe to be in the deal. They will think that's insulting, but so is Bynum for Yao.

2. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

Chris Wallace, is that you?

You must be a secret Lakers fan, right? I think Kobe, Yao, Gasol, Odom and Fisher maybe, possibly, could be a pretty good team. I'm sure the Rockets with Bynum will be in a wonderful position to compete.

Seriously, do you think the Lakers would hesitate to pull the trigger? I think they'd trade and laugh all the way to the Finals at what a bunch of suckers the Rockets were.

3. A00man

A00man Member

W.T.F

Seriously, do some of you people even THINK before making posts? Yao for Bynum?? You realize if we offered Yao, we could get MUCH MUCH more than just Bynum.

We are NOT trading Yao. Get over it haters.

4. Cav000

Cav000 Member

our problem is not on Yao..
    Bynum could play so much time every game without get injured ?
    a big center without a real back-up is the cause of Yao's injury..
    Now, we've got many G..
    and we're still seaching G for our team..really want to know the reason..
    i just hope Morey could spend $$ to get Yao a back-up..
    and then Yao could get more rest every game..
    would he get injured so many? i don't think so..

5. IamKhan

IamKhan Rookie

to make the trade work salary has to match. I think it would be something like:

yao+landry for gasol+bynum, I think it will be a fair trade for both teams.

6. mlwoo

mlwoo Contributing Member

Nothing better than someone calling someone "retarted".

7. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Hell no. Yao's given too much to this team for us to bail on him at this point. I'd never forgive the Rockets for that.

8. WNBA

WNBA Member

Yao for Odom+ Bynum. Rockets will still be contending if TMAC stays.

Would Lakers do it? Yao+Gasol+Kobe looks good too.

9. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

Too good. Do you really want the Rockets to have to face off against that trio in the playoffs?

10. EGYPT

EGYPT Member

if Yao rushes to play in the Olympics and gets injured again, he will be done for a long time and then we wouldn't even get Olowakandi for him.

11. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

And if Ben Roethlisberger crashes his motorcycle into a winnebago then what?

If you're going to trade based on a history of injury I'd say the important thing is to look for signs of wear and tear. This is really the first injury that Yao's had that wasn't the result of a freak accident. By that criteria T-Mac's a much more riskier proposition.

12. EGYPT

EGYPT Member

you can tell Ben not to Drive motorcycles and put it in his contract and if he does then you do not have to pay him, but not even Yao can stop himself from playing for China.

13. mic

mic Contributing Member

No. I know trading is all a part of the game, but the Rockets would not feel like the Rockets without Yao. It would really sting if we lost Yao.

14. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

yeah and then id trade tmac for jordan farmar and hire isiah thomas as my head coach, F*** outta here

15. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

The level of intelligence is dropping !!! :p

16. GlassHalfFull

GlassHalfFull Member

The vocal minority makes the majority of Rockets fans look bad. The poll results show that the VAST majority of Rockets fans think this is a bad idea. It is just unfortunate that message boards have given such easy access for the vocal minority to make waves.

Polls and threads get started with titles like this one, and make it seem like most Rockets fans would like to see Yao traded. In other words, makes people think Rocket fans are idiots.

Squeaky wheels get the attention, and it reflects badly on the rest of us.

17. juanschwartz

juanschwartz Member

Explain why it's r****ded.

Yao is very injury prone and shouldn't be off limits for trade. In fact, the marketing dollar is more of a reason not to trade him than his durability. If you stick with what's not working, you'll maintain the status quo... and that's assuming Yao's the same after this injury.

18. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Heyyyy let's leave Roethlisberger out of this.... ;)

But no, I wouldn't do this trade. Bynum is likely a 20/10 player but you don't trade a player like Yao that's quite possibly the most unguardable player in the Western Conference to a conference rival.

Would you really want to play Yao four times a year and likely more in the playoffs? I know I wouldn't.

19. scutmb

scutmb Contributing Member

Once he gets a big contract, look out. Laziness is a habit, and never goes away without pressure.

20. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Absolutely not. His first injury was basically an ingrown toe that was severely infected. His second injury was an undercut blow to the knee that resulted from it. He has no knee injury problems, and his toenail problem is all taken care of.

This injury is really the first injury where there has been no freak accident resulting in one. He is a lot more sturdy than you think. Plus his recovery period is over 80% meaning its very likely he'll be back to normal come next season. Yao is strong, determined, talented, and capable of taking it to the next level when he wants to. Bynum is an unproven commodity thats flourished alongside the best basketball player in the NBA. You still can't run plays through Bynum or expect as much attention on him that you would with Yao. Yao is still a franchise player, and one of the most sought after too, not just for the marketing. Also Bynum has a questionable work ethic that was only motivated by Kobe this season. What fiery personality is going to make sure Bynum doesn't slack off if he did join the Rockets? T-Mac? Please.