1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If Both LAL and ROX Get Out in the First Round, Would You Do a Yao for Bynum Trade?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by EGYPT, Feb 28, 2008.

?

Would You Trade Yao for Bynum

1. Yes, I would do it

34 vote(s)
    11.1%
  2. No, I would not

253 vote(s)
    82.4%
  3. Not sure, I have reservations

20 vote(s)
    6.5%
  1. Big Dogg

Big Dogg Rookie

Yes. Trade an injury prone center for a young center with the great potential.

2. EGYPT

EGYPT Member

I totally agree, I am a huge Yao fan, but I am a ROX fan first and I have not seen my team get any respect, and deservingly so in a long time and I am very sad about that.

3. Curly

Curly Member

Four languages...nice. Most around here have trouble with the one they think they know.

4. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

The question is if you get tired of these ridiculous trade proposals on the BBS would you trade one mediocre poster for another?

I'd do an EGYPT for any other poster with an african country moniker straight-up in a heartbeat. SUDAN, ALGERIA, or LIBYA would do just fine thanks.

5. Little_Scott

Little_Scott Member

6. kwng

kwng Member

I think Bynum though has potential is also injury proned. He is still injured and has been out for a few week and he has been injured several times in his career. As Bynum get better, opponents focus on him more, he'll get whack more hence he'll suffer too. Yao has 2/3 solid years without injury that caused him to sideline. Bynume already sidelined a few times in his first 3 years.

7. EGYPT

EGYPT Member

Nice Display of knowledge about "A"frican Countries ;)

8. GoRedRowdies

GoRedRowdies Member

i would trade you for marc cuban

9. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

There is no Center that I'd trade Yao for straight up (unless Duncan or Garnett count as Centers). I might trade Yao and Battier for Bynum, Odom, and Walton. I'd trade Yao for Oden, Aldridge, and Roy. (Obviously Portland wouldn't, but it'd be a starting point.) Maybe for Okafor and Gerald Wallace.

10. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

I'm a geography wiz what can I say.

11. drc3906

drc3906 Member

So much for loyalty, I guess. I think some people on here want to trade players just for the sake of trading players, just so they can see new faces. Man that kinda ticks me off. It's almost as if they want a new toy every year. If the Rocket's back-office is going to make trades, it’s going to be based on the good of the team. Yao is one of the MOST effective players in the game, thus he always gets double and tripled teamed all the time. Not only is he a great player, but he is a great citizen of Houston and leader as well. Maybe he is more of a quit, reserved leader (like Duncan), but he does a great job of being a person that fellow teammates look up to, especially for someone who does not speak English as a primary language. To be honest, I would rather trade some of you people who want to trade important, well respected, key players on our team than to trade Yao to the competition. I swear, if some of you people had it y'alls way, then I sure this team would never, ever look the same every season. Some of you would trade people left and right like action figures or trading cards. Look at San Antonio, they do pretty dadgum well with just trading out of necessity and not just for the sake of trading (for fun). Heck, Tim Duncan would have been gone a long time ago if that was the case because he had some pretty bad injuries himself. Hey guys, be happy of what you have in this team (13 wins in a row). We are doing awesome and no real trades are needed, in my opinion of course. Hey, but I understand that these message boards are people can daydream and say their "what if's" and what not. Oh well, I guess in short I would say DO NOT TRADE YAO! It's just my opinion. Have a great Air Force day (I'm in the Air Force so I can say that :p ).

12. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

You left off the choice - Idiotic Poll Why Ask This Question

I know people are free to post what they want on these boards but can we at least use a little common sense. First off Yao is more than a great center. He is Les' cash cow. I can assure you Les will not give him away unless what he is getting back is extremely much more valuable talent wise because it certainly won't be economically better. Secondly if Bynum was actually much better than ( he is not even as good yet) than do you actually think the Lakers would trade him for Yao. So all of this makes your poll pointless and stupid. Polling closed!

On a side note: You have to learn to respect yourself and not depend on the Rockets for your self esteem. Plus if a 13 game win streak gives you no self respect than your self esteem is hopeless. Get some therapy and stop creating Polls.

#32 Old Man Rock, Feb 28, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2008
  13. Almu

Almu Contributing Member

Can't be Les' cash cow when only 12 people and their close relatives show up to the games...

Must be that boring JVG offense.

14. EGYPT

EGYPT Member

Duncan has put his team in a good position in the playoffs every year, Duncan showed up against the Jazz in the WCF last year, Duncan won may championships, Duncan is on the list of top 50 best players of all times. Although I love Yao, I do not think I will give Yao as much slack as I would give Duncan.

Are you ready to go through with this every year. Excitment all summer about building the team and then devastation with the injuries during the season.

15. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

so much for yao being "underappreciated"

16. TheyCallmeExMan

these polls are getting out of hand, ic a new poll everyday now and its pretty ridiculous. polls like this and the how long can this streak go polls are annoying

17. J-Wolf

J-Wolf Member

Imagine a line up with Kobe, Yao, Gasol, Odom and whoever. If you are the GM, would you pull the trigger?

This is one of the dumbest poll in this year.

18. cyjtsj

cyjtsj Member

no loyalty in Houston...................

19. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Given the marketing potential alone of having Yao in one of the NBA's most storied and marketable franchises in a city and state with largest Chinese population on the Pacific Rim the Lakers would be fools not to make that trade.

Heck it wouldn't surprise me if GS were willing to trade a quarter of their team for Yao considering the cash that Yao playing in the Bay Area could generate.

20. sjackson0

sjackson0 Contributing Member

*using my politician speech thumb*

I agree....where is the choice for dumb ass thread and I’m sorry and a half for starting it?

Yes, Yao has been injured 3 seasons in a row. Two were freak injuries that could have happen to anyone and two that sparks debates. AND STILL....there is only one maybe two people I would trade him for (LeBron/??) and I rest assure you Andrew Bynum is NOT on that small list. Talk about over hype.....don't ever tell me a city can't boost/destroy your reputation; warranted or not. Bynum isn't worth mentioning in the same breathe as Yao.....he's not even GOOD yet. He dunks when he's open....wow, that's special. Yes, he's young and athletic, but ¾ the league is that and he's not in the same league as Dwight Howard or Amare. By the way....Yao gives the two of them fits. Bynum gets abused by ever good player he decides to guard....not even mentioning the players that are better than good. Yao, Dwight, Amare. This thread.......this thread......I lost my train of thought.