1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If Bosh says no to Houston, How do Rockets win a championship?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by brian_chapman, May 15, 2010.

1. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Wouldn't Emeka Okafor address our needs at center much better than Bosh? Besides Okafor is cheaper.

Okafor is a capable, dependable shot blocking, rebounding defensive presence that we need.

2. Landry92

Landry92 Member

Yaa I guess if we cant get Bosh
    We should Just sell the Franshice and move to another city ..

I really think this team can win with another rookie Big man and 80% of the old Yoa & improved Defense ..

3. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Get ready for the "Toronto HAS to take Jordan Hill + draft pick for Bosh. That's the best they can get!" crowd to explode.

4. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Initially to get Bosh I felt like we were going to have to give up some core players such as Brooks or Budinger (or Battier). But how things are playing out right now, I think the Rockets can get Bosh without including them.

I can see a S&T Bosh for Hill, Jeffries, Anderson + 2 out of (Rockets 2010 1st round selected player, 2011 1st Round swap Rights, NY's 2012 1st rounder). Maybe even the rights to Lull.

I don't see us taking Turkey-glue with his contract.

That would keep Battier and Budinger on this team. From Toronto's perspective their asset package includes Hill (a person that can play C with Barngani in the lineup) plus 2 quality potential lottery 1st round picks. That's pretty solid for a team looking to rebuild at this point.

Rockets line up would look like this (assuming Lowry and Scola resignings)

PG: Brooks / Lowry
    SG: Martin / Budinger / Taylor
    SF: Ariza / Battier
    PF: Bosh / Scola
    C: Yao / Hayes

Rockets could then still looked to add another BIG in Brad Miller for the LLE. Since Yao's minutes will be watched a player like Miller could see decent time. That would then give them the full MLE (which they probably wouldn't use considering the roster but have it just in case). Depending on what the Rockets give up for Bosh we might also have the #14 pick on the roster as well.

That's a heck of a starting line up and a quality bench unit as well! It's the old Adelman Kings lineup reborn!

5. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Here is what the market for bigs look like via Free Agency (unrestricted), outside of Bosh:

Jason Collins
    Brian Scalabrine
    Tyson Chandler (ETO)
    Nazr Mohammed
    Aaron Gray
    Jerome James
    Zyndranus Illgauskas
    Shaquille O'Neal
    Drew Gooden
    Dirk Nowitzki (ETO)
    Drew Gooden
    Johan Petro
    Kenyon Martin (ETO)
    Kwame Brown
    Ben Wallace
    Chris Wilcox (P)
    Jermaine O'Neal
    Oleksiy Pecherov
    Darius Songalia (ETO)
    Louis Amundson
    Channing Frye
    Amar'e Stoudemire
    Joel Pryzbilla (ETO)
    Sean May
    Theo Ratliff
    Rasho Nesterovic
    Patrick O'Bryant
    Carlos Boozer
    Brendan Haywood
    Fabricio Oberto

Restricted Group:
    Tyrus Thomas
    Kyrlo Fesenko
    Joel Anthony

6. tcadriel

tcadriel Member

Can't believe I'm agreeing with someone that has T.Mcrady in thier name, but Sir, you are correct!!

7. Raven

Raven Member

Bosh might not be the final piece of the puzzle, but he could be an important piece of the puzzle. Once again, he's an affordable star. Every player better than him would probably cost too much.

8. tcadriel

tcadriel Member

You have to understand, basketball is a young man's game. The All-Stars get better when they keeping developing their games, but overall it's a young man's game. You have Martin, Scola and Brooks with a tremendous upside and you have Bosh that I don't seeing growing too much more the from the way he already is, and he'll want a very large, or max contract. While the other three are still trying to prove themselves, which means working hard and getting better.

As for, are they All-Star's or not? Let's just agree or agree to disagree on Scola being a All-Star. But it is a fact that Scola had a tremendous year and at times put the team on his back and made things happen. Now I'm not sure what his exact stats were at the end of the year, but he really took over after Landry was moved and had to be close to a 20/10.

My thing with Bosh vs. Scola is while Bosh has the height and some great skills. IMO Scola is smarter and works harder, at a much smaller contract. Giving us more options.

As far as, quote:
    "He may very well be a go-to guy if he played for us, contrary to what you've posited; no one on our team averaged 24 ppg last season the way he did."

Yao didn't even play last year, so for me that doesn't wash. Martin, Scola and Brooks can put up those numbers even given night. It's part of their skills and the system Rick has in place. So throwing Bosh into the mix and crowning him as our go to guy is laughable, IMO. Everyone step back while Bosh and Yao clog up the paint.?? Brooks, Martin and Lowery need room to get to the basket. Not Feeding the ball to Bosh. Rick loves to play small ball. Do we need a back up big man? Yes, but not at Bosh's price tag. Lebron Yes, he's worth it, not Bosh.

Again would I love to have Bosh? Yes, at the right price. I'm just hoping all this Bosh talk is a smoke screen and in the back ground Morey is really trying to real in Lebron.

9. BetterThanEver

We are not allowed to talk to him. Okafor is not a free agent.

10. wyo-ming

wyo-ming Rookie

Bosch is#1 on everybody's list & everybody say's we are going to get him ,it is a way for team to spark off season buzz if you are out of the playoffs right now Denver is all about how Bosch is commin to town & we are going to kill -em next year boy i can't wait till next year when bosch get's here.what ya want to bet the same song in big -D I LIKE BOSCH but w/ this many suitor's some body's going to take it in the pooper & at this point i will bet it is the winner of the Bosch lotto!

11. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Isn't he going to command the same contract that Lebron/Wade or any other "franchise player" would?

12. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Trade....

13. aelliott

aelliott Member

Okafor could be a backup center but he makes too much money to be a backup. He isn't suited to playing PF along side Yao. Okafor has no shooting range so his defender would simple play off of him and double on Yao. The ideal PF next to Yao can step out and hit the open jump shot in order to provide spacing for Yao to work. Additionally Okafor trying to chase Nowitzki, Stoudamire or other mobile 4s around wouldn't be pretty.

14. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

Not true, Miele is even better

15. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

IMHO, I think we can win without Bosh why:

* Can't stop AB and Kmart... Once they start playing together, they are better than Rondo and Allen. Rondo > AB but Kmart > Allen.
    * Ariza will be the 4th option, not 1st or even 3rd. Yao, Kmart, AB, and Ariza
    * Our bench will be better. Hayes, Hill, Battier, Lowry, and Budinger. That lineup is better than half the NBA starting lineup. I think JT will become a microwave off the bench
    * I think a strong bench wins you championship (Herrera and Cassell), because your stars can't play the whole game. LA dominated Phoenix last night because of Lamar Odom.
    * 14th Pick, A big man that blocks shots, rebounds, and scores on put backs. Solomon Adbi, Hassan Whiteside, Emeke Udoh, Jarvas Varnado, etc...
    - Anyone of them will help, but Adbi has more upside.