1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If Bosh Opts Out, Should He Be Our #1 Priority?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsJumer, Jun 16, 2014.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That team isn't remarkably better than the team they currently have and they'd be overpaying Bosh and killing the depth at the 5 in order to make it happen.

2. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

No it is isn't remarkably better but it would be better. Bosh would play the 4 and backup 5 and stretch the floor. Felton is to get Zen to bite. He isn't necessary but he could play backup pg. We keep jones to backup Bosh. DMo and Asik are gone along with their attitudes (addition by subtraction factor). We gain a real starter for our beach but I'd rather reload the bench with MLE, biannual and vets.

Yes Asik is a good 5. He rebounds, he blocks and he alters shots. He also mopes, has brick hands and he is going to walk.

DMo is a "project".

Lin is filler and currently has negative value with his contract. We aren't giving up anything we want.

3. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

see above in red my thoughts

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Do you consider BOSH a MAX player?

Rocket River

5. Rockness

Rockness Member

No, Bosh is not the type of player that will put us over the top.

6. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Hello, no and no.

7. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Why does Bosh go around thumping his chest like a fool every time he hits a 15-foot jumper while wide open?

8. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

I do. I know he regressed and I think that has 2 reasons:

1. He had to take a big backseat - and that made him lazy. I think he needs to be relied on more.
    2. He was asked to play C for large periods of time. He is no C. And I think that hurt his game.

I think it would really help his game to play next to a dominant big man. He can clearly space the floor (though I don't like his 3pter), he is a very good passer, he is a very good defender (when defending 4s) and he is a very good rebounder. Next to LeBron he could be our best option period (and that includes Love) simply because he is a complete player that would fit perfectly into our team.

The question is: will he get back to his old self on a new team, with a dominant big men and playing a bigger role? I would bet the max on that.

9. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

Great post, that's all that needs to be said.

10. ThisIsOurCity

ThisIsOurCity Member

100% agree with this post. Bosh is underrated and underutilized in Miami. The Rockets could immediately plug him in at the 4 and vastly improve this team. He has an outside shot and pretty decent post moves, and he runs the pick n roll and the pick n pop very well. He is also a active defender and will push his teammates to give more effort on the defensive end (big need for this current rockets team), and he wont mind sharing touches on the offensive end with the offensive weapons our team already has. Overall Bosh seems to be very much a team player.

In my opinion the addition of Bosh would improve this team more than the addition of Melo.

11. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Agreed that Bosh has been underutilized and would fit in perfect as the stretch 4 that can play defense that everyone wants. Let's hope Wade opts in.

12. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

No offense, but your logic is flawed. Melo is a better player, but Bosh fits our needs better. He doesn't demand too many touches, and can play as a stretch 5 in stretches. I also wouldn't call him soft. Bosh is a KILLER down the stretch of games. I think this is the most looked over aspect of his game. The guys hits daggers. You absolutely can not leave him open in the final seconds.

13. Possum

Possum Member

OP should lose his thread starting privileges.

14. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

Siigning Bosh basically says we give up on Terrence Jones. No room to resign Jordan Hamilton for cheap. Isiah Caanan, Robert Covington, D-League MVP gone. Little NBA experience, but excellent 3 point shooters. Who would be playing behind Howard or Beverley? Did we learn nothing from losing McGrady and Yao season after season?

Plus Bosh only averaged 7.2 RPG in 34 MPG over his 4 years with Miami. In a weak East, but as the 5, 7.2. I thought I would see good 3-point shooting numbers. About in 1 a game at 34%, the best in his career, last year. This is who we think can put us over the top? He's 30 with a lot of mileage. He is physically passed his peak. Hell no. If I'm James Harden 2 years from now at my peak with Howard is declining, knowing 3 of those years are going to be with Bosh? Later Houston.

Miami was just terrorized in the Finals because of a lack of players from the bench. San Antonio won 62 games with 36 and 38 year old core players. Which do we want to emulate?

15. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

Christ the man is 30. And we're with him until he's 35. Well we have a 2 year window to make at least the Conference finals If I'm James Harden reaching my peak and I have a declining Chris Bosh and Dwight Howard about to hit 30 probably opting out for another max contract, I'm gone. Then we're left with nothing again.

Terrence Jones has a year to prepare for the playoffs and I'm pretty sure we could stress to him how important he is. Let him be the man against the Eastern teams. Are the 40 point games guarding Aldridge enough to discount the positive of his work? If Harden goes into my god I can't shoot mode again we're done.

And God this is tne team that knows injuries too well. And a bench of minimum player guys are going to both rest the starters and be ready to play significant minutes if a 10-15 game injury hits.

Yes he's elite, but more than 3 years with a team option? Hell no. This is the Western Conference. 52 games against Western teams. How many games could he half ass? We don't have Lebron either who can take over a game by himself. If Harden goes down for any long strech, where does the playmaking come from?

No way. We need a bench. Why not let the Celtics have Asik with the wink of Paul Pierce will sign. No Lebron I'd rather go this route.