1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

[If Available] Herro or Simmons?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bleedroxred79, Dec 10, 2020.

?

Herro or Simmons?

1. Herro

189 vote(s)
    37.0%
  2. Simmons

327 vote(s)
    64.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Hero is the top bench scrub in the league.

2. xaos

xaos Member

Bump

Just wondering if I'm doing this right or nah

3. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Herro is like Jalen Green without achilies.

CriscoKidd and xaos like this.
  4. YOLO

YOLO Member

Well let’s see Simmons hasn’t played in over a year and just had back surgery. And still a mental midget

Meanwhile herro fresh off a 6th man award and currently in the quarterfinals of the playoffs playing.

sealclubber1016 likes this.
  5. xaos

xaos Member

For the record I like Herro... just poking fun of when this thread was bumped because a 21 point game (or something like that) from Herro and some comment saying Heat regret not having Harden

6. Reeko

Reeko Member

Herro was supposed to be a scrub who can’t really hoop according to CF, so a lot of this thread is a bonafide L regardless of the random bad game from Herro

that’s not to mention Ben Simmons and his back and brain injury…Ben Simmons has playoffs PTSD and is literally afraid to play basketball

7. CCorn

CCorn Member

Not the white guy

8. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Herro is the obvious choice. I like his game. Dude also doesn't shy away from big moments in the playoffs. If Jalen Green in the next couple of seasons can be a far more athletic version of Herro I'll be happy.

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

classic thread

10. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

this thread certainly didn't age well

baller4life315 and YOLO like this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Simmons hands down the best guy here that will be out of the league the fastest.

12. dmoneybangbang

The correct answer in hindsight is neither…

topfive and xaos like this.
  13. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Right. We got a better deal from the Nets than both of these. But to be fair, the question back then was if you had to choose between these two deals, which one would you prefer.

I chose the Herro deal not because I thought Herro was a better player than Simmons, but because Simmons had a better trade value at that time and therefore the attached assets would be much less than the Herro deal.

I didn't like Simmons because his red flags were already there. I thought Herro would be a good role player, a sharp shooter either as starter or a sharp shooter. I didn't think we would get any star player in return because of the way Harden crapped on us. So we should get as many good potential assets as possible. I thought getting a couple of young prospects along with Herro would be a decent return.