1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[If Available] Herro or Simmons?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bleedroxred79, Dec 10, 2020.

?

Herro or Simmons?

1. Herro

189 vote(s)
    37.0%
  2. Simmons

327 vote(s)
    64.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Herro definitely fits this team in terms of straight up fit... he's got a ton of potential

Obviously atm Simmons is the better player.

Any tiebreaker would involve whatever pieces would come from (x) 3rd team that we involve.

#21 FLASH21, Dec 10, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2020
    bleedroxred79 likes this.
  2. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Miami LOVES NoLimitHerro...

They're not desperate to give up that talent so easily.

3. finsraider

finsraider Member

Definitely Herro...with Bam, Robinson and all of their picks.

roslolian and csnerd84 like this.
  4. psaman17

psaman17 Member

Yall cant be serious.

Every year in the college rank there are about 15 Tyler Herro declaring for the NBA; white boy who can shoot.
    A Ben Simmons comes every 13 or so years. The generational uber athletic 6'9/6'10 playmaker dont grow on trees. There was one in 2003 and one in 2016. They both went first overall.

Ben Simmons is worth about 20 Tyler Herros.

Now Herros is a better fit next to James Harden. If you're trying to win now, you take Tyler Herro to surround your star with shooting. Herros is a complimentary piece, Simmons is a star you build your franchise around. This is so stupid.

5. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Herro is a peripheral piece you add to a contender, that's what a 3 point sniper role is.

roslolian and D-rock like this.
  6. csc177

csc177 Member

ugly jumpers go in too my man. I think he’ll figure it out.

roslolian likes this.
  7. Juxtaposed Jolt

I picked Herro, but I regret it. I don't think Herro can be the best player on a championship team. He's only 20, I know, but I think he fits more of a Klay Thompson role, as far as pecking order, than a Durant or Curry.

8. Vivi

Vivi Member

FIFY :D

Tristan_fiore and RudyTBag like this.
  9. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Not sold on either one.

10. Nook

Nook Member

The choice isn't really Herro or Simmons.

The true choice is Herro and $35,000 in cap space or Simmons and no cap space.

I don't really have a strong opinion, just being more accurate.

JoeBarelyCares and FLASH21 like this.
  11. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

LOL. We aren't trying to give them Ben McLemore here Bro... This is for guard Wilt Chamberlain.

jamisonrocket likes this.
  12. latebloomer19

latebloomer19 Member

I get where you are coming from but at this very moment, ben is the better player. He is the better defensive player too. I like herro and to be honest, he is gonna be a better fit with wall but simmons has more value right now

clutchdabear and bleedroxred79 like this.
  13. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

If Rondo can develop a respectable shot, Simmons can too. As long as he doesn't wait until he's in his 30's, he should be in good shape.

Simmons still doesnt move this team closer to a championship, IMO. Neither does Herro.

Harden better get used to being uncomfortable.

14. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yup, that's the truth. Bam is going nowhere.

D-rock and Vivi like this.
  15. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

John Wall can’t be your best and only playmaker. As much as I hate his game, I’d take Simmons over Herro. I wouldn’t do either deal to be honest. Big Westbrook or Young Kevin Martin for a top 5 player in his prime while under control for 2-3 years? Naw

16. Vivi

Vivi Member

I know it wouldn't be as easy to be in that position, but i'd rather have Simmons and a max slot to offer after moving Wall then Herro and a max slot.

D-rock likes this.
  17. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Thanks Cod!

Hope all is going well with your treatments!!!

Stay Strong

DVauthrin likes this.
  18. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Typical offseason fluff piece here about Simmons but our very own Sam Cassell has been working with Simmons this offseason and Simmons is starting to gain confidence in his shot. Notice Cassell helped Wall with his shot as a youngster. Wall became a 35% shooter in 2013-2014 which was Sam's last year as a Washington assistant. Wall claims the last several seasons he has been playing injured which has affected his shooting but is healthy now so let's see if Wall can get back to a 35% shooter from 3 once again like he did in 2013-2014 and 2015-2016. Also shot career high of 37% in 2017-2018 and then played injured in 2018-2019 before tearing his achilles in his non-dominant foot.

Anyways, still think Simmons has the highest upside of anyone we can realistically get from Harden. Giannis can't really shoot either and he is an MVP. Dwayne Wade couldn't shoot but knew his limitiations and would take it hard to the rim instead of settling for a jumper. If Simmons is to be a superstar, he will obviously need to develop a reliable shot but even without one he is already an annual all-star/all-nba/add-defense player in this league.

https://www.si.com/nba/76ers/news/sixers-sam-cassell-ben-simmons-shot-work

Philadelphia 76ers star Ben Simmons has been one of the more scrutinized young stars throughout his first few years in the league. As he was the first-overall pick in 2015, it comes as no surprise that everything about his game is under a microscope.

While Simmons has established himself as one of the better young stars in the league with several All-Star nods in three seasons, the questions surrounding his jump shot, or lack thereof, always tend to overshadow everything great about his game.

Last season, Simmons teased the idea of him taking more mid-to-long range shots. While he did drain a couple of threes throughout the year, the two-time All-Star barley unleashed his shot as he admitted confidence was an issue.

Heading into the bubble over the summer, Simmons was ready to let it fly. Unfortunately, a knee injury set him back and sent him off to surgery, ending his season early. At this point, Simmons is healthy and partaking in training camp.

While we were left without any videos of Simmons draining threes during workouts this offseason, the veteran guard did offer some excitement on Monday as he revealed he's been working with new Sixers assistant Sam Cassell, who has a solid track record of helping players develop better jumpers.

"Prior to training camp starting, we would just go with the flow and workout," Simmons said in regards to working with Cassell. "[We worked on] a lot of mid-range game, a lot of corner spot threes, lane threes, finishing around the rim -- so a bit of everything. Then, more so into training camp after practices and before, getting a lot of shots up."

Cassell, a former NBA veteran, and a three-time champion, has a stellar reputation for developing guards in the NBA. Since becoming a coach in 2009, the former guard has received ringing endorsements from players he helped out.

Perhaps, his most significant endorsement came from former Washington Wizards star John Wall. As Cassell took on his first coaching gig with the Wizards back in 2009, he helped develop Wall's game further, and the star guard credits Cassell for working with him to fine-tune his shot in the NBA.

While many argue Simmons is not a true guard considering his size and unwillingness to shoot, Sixers head coach Doc Rivers doesn't see it that way at all. Rivers won't give Simmons a permanent position this season, but the veteran head coach made it clear on Monday that the All-Star will continue to run the offense -- jump shot or not.

Will Cassell help Simmons finally tap into his full potential by utilizing a jumper consistently? I wouldn't bank on it as history doesn't favor change in this scenario. However, Cassell could end up doing wonders for Simmons and the Sixers as he's been working closely with the young guard to help him take his game to the next level.

Justin Grasso covers the Philadelphia 76ers for Sports Illustrated. You can follow him on Twitter: @JGrasso_

[​IMG]
    BY
    JUSTIN GRASSO

19. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Herro AND Bam vs Simmons? I'll take the former, but Herro only? LOL

20. Nook

Nook Member

That is the question isn't it..... is he a spot up shooter or is he going to keep improving and expand his game.