1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If Asik has accepted his role, no trades needed

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by glynch, Nov 24, 2013.

1. Chamillionaire

Asik is worth more to us than Milsap. If we trade him, we need a elite level shooter or an elite level perimeter defender. Please no Milsap.

I`m confident, whoever we get for Asik, is gonna help us win and improve on a team that`s already REALLY REALLY talented.

2. noppeper

noppeper Member

If Asik plays motivated like he has the past two games for the remainder of his contract, the Rockets are going to be really tough to beat. He really is not that far off from Dwight in terms of impact on the game and is especially well suited to the run and gun type of offense the team likes to run. I also still think he could play next to Dwight in certain matchups, which gives the Rockets a chance against pretty much any team (except CP3 and Lebron ran teams).

Asik, please stay with the Rockets, win a championship, make your current contract's money and take your big payday with a mediocre team after that. No need to mess with this very talented team, due to your (justifiably so) egotistical ambitions.

3. D12 fan

D12 fan Rookie

We can get Horford/filler for Asik/Jones/1rd

Seriously!

4. coffeelover665

I would really want Asik to stay. We will have so many options with him

5. mesta

mesta Member

"winning is more important than starting"
    asik has to be stupid if he bought that.you don't think alot of teams will get tons of wins with asik on the middle.

6. D12 fan

D12 fan Rookie

Asik is not close to having Dwight's impact, Asik would never get doubled teamed like Dwight does every game.

Not even close!

7. FTW Rockets FTW

Asik is worth more than Millsap or Anderson or Ilyasova

You only flip him for a true all star caliber player and none of the above are. Either that or you flip for an elite defensive wing and some other asset

8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

They'll be calling you Nostradamus soon, glynch. ;-)-

9. RockStrosTex

RockStrosTex Member

With the way AB is playing, should we package him along with Asik??

10. RockStrosTex

RockStrosTex Member

I meant package Lin with Asik.

11. Mr Chuck Norris

I'll only trade if we get a serviceable back up along with a 3 and D player.

12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Member
    Supporting Member

read more carefully before responding.

13. Play07

Play07 Member

Rockets were a top offensive team last year and this year, not sure if you just started watching rockets game see ya name is "d12fan" just informing you nothing against your post though.

14. noppeper

noppeper Member

I agree that Howard is significantly better than Asik offensively, but most of the time, with the makeup of this team's lineups, it seems to do better without the post up game that Dwight provides. In addition, when Asik is playing well, he finishes decently around the rim when assisted, therefore not being a complete offensive liability. In defense, my naked eye tells me Asik is, at worse, just a step below Dwight.

In any case, my (main) point is that with a motivated Asik, this team is a championship contender. I would hope that if they were to trade him, they would only do so for somebody that provides as much impact as Omer, as he is truly a special player. Unfortunately for the Rockets, Asik knows how special he really is, so he's letting his personal ambitions drive him, instead of thinking about the team.

Really, I'm not saying anything that many posters here at CF have not said previously, I just really hope Asik stays here and helps the team reach the lofty goals I think they can achieve with the current roster.

15. D12 fan

D12 fan Rookie

So in other words Asik is the straw that stirs the drink?

Asik is the key in the ignition.

16. Play07

Play07 Member

What's done is already done, so at this point I just want to keep ASIK this year going into the playoffs if everyone stays healthy.

17. D12 fan

D12 fan Rookie

Asik is a good player, but I don't want any player who doesn't want to be here. He was pouting on the bench because he wanted to be traded, that showed me a lot about his character.

Morey will do the right thing for the sake of the team.

18. Der Rabbi

Der Rabbi Member

In what world do you not trade Asik and Jones for L Aldridge? 30 NBA GMs make that trade in an instance assuming they aren't repping Portland

19. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Asik and Jones is too much for LA. Jones' play is the reason. In the height of his career, i project Jones to be an 18 and 12 player. Those are Aldridge like numbers. Pretty soon he will be considered our 3rd option.
    I think looking to get a star PF now would be like repeating the current Howard/Asik debacle. You know, with Asik wanting to be traded and all.

20. Downtown Sniper

At the beginning of the season I always said I hope Asik one day realises he is going to play a big part in how far we go in the Playoffs - even if it is from the bench.

I know nothing can be taken away from only a couple of games but I am truly praying he has realised not only this, but what an opportunity he has here.

You're getting paid the same money whether you're here or on a hopeless team.
    Why not play a pivotal role on a contending side (let's be real. The way the referees have been on Dwight - Asik is going to play more minutes then he thinks) gain more exposure on the bigger stage, and help advance this team.

Asik is much too valuable to this team then any of the reasonable PFs we could fetch. I'm trusting Morey in that he recognises this and doesn't trade him just for the sake of trading him. I really hope a line wasn't drawn in the sand with his recent trade request and everyone in the organisation can continue to move past it and forward.

I'm liking Dwight being up on his feet cheering him. And I LOVE (I didn't see it this game but I noticed it a couple of times recently) Howard staying on the court to give a high 5 to Asik as he subs in for him. It is refreshing to see a superstar go out of his way (even though it's not much) to make someone else feel comfortable.