1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If anyone can help me I'm in need.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by houstunnin, Apr 9, 2012.

1. ashiin

ashiin Member

I don't see any immediate dismissal, the calling out started after Clutch banned him and more information about his life came out. Everybody was skeptical that a random person would come on the forum and ask for money. Bmw's "confirmation" might have gave him some life but in the end everything are just WORDS ON THE INTERNET. Had either of them confirmed with a picture or a video or whatever people would have been less of an ******* after Clutch called him out.

If you really wanted to help somebody out you could help the ones that you KNOW or donate to an organization that can be trusted. Don't get on a ****ing high horse and call people assholes because they know better than to hand money to random people.

2 people like this.
  2. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I have no opinion at all on this. I'm skeptical about compassion.

1 person likes this.
  3. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Not that I want to distribute too much personal info about myself, but I do donate in both of those ways as well as give to complete strangers. With that said, it's no one's business where I spend my money.

I'm not on a 'high horse'. You're an ******* if you make mean-spirited, mocking memes of a person you don't even know.

4. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

This thread is cute. I remember my first beer.

5. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Don't call people a-holes for posting tons of photos and personal information about this guy? For posting photos of his family members? :confused::confused:

I don't think anyone who gave him money have acted like they are on a high horse or have gone off on people because they think he is a scam artist. It's the fact that people have taken it too far that makes them look like a-holes, not skepticism

1 person likes this.
  6. CCorn

CCorn Member

For the people asking for a summary

Pages 1-13 make you feel all warm inside.

14 makes you go ohh ****

15-25 make you giggle

25-30 the humor softens but still some good moments

30+ makes you feel like a terrible person

[​IMG]
    Thats all folks!

7. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

Many of those posters seem to think they are mocking someone who takes advantage of good hearted people.

They may be wrong, but it's not like they haven't been provided with some reason to feel that way. Regardless, that's far from just 'being an *******'.

8. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

So you complain about someone being a douche, and then post this gem? Way to be the bigger person.

9. Antec

Antec Member

What if i used the meme pictures for other threads on the BBS. Would that be wrong?

10. ashiin

ashiin Member

I was working but this. This is pretty much what I'm talking about.

11. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

It's like anything else posted on the internet. Some people won't mind, some people will. I found your meme pictures hilarious. People still post SCK's pics every now and then.

12. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

Thanks man, I got through up to page 9 or 10 and decided to check out. When it jumped to 40 something, I just didn't even wanna bother clicking through all that. Went to page 14 and got all the info I needed to know. Would rep yah if I could.

13. Antec

Antec Member

Aside from the debates between posters from 20-40, you could only look at the pictures. :eek:

14. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

:D I just skimmed through some of the photos. comedy gold. SCK all over again

15. esteban

esteban Member

I'm late to this thread...props to those who gave that kid some money, don't let any negativity in here destroys your kindness towards another human. Those who continually mock him and having a great time at his expense may need to tone it down, you could be in his predicament one day...just saying.

1 person likes this.
  16. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

i was gonna stay away from this thread because i can understand most all the opinions from clutch to xerobull. the whole thing is effed up and i don't find it funny at all. only one thing is for certain, houstunnin' has issues. esteban, i know i've given you a hard time but i know you can take it, it's all just goofing around for me. i have to admit though, i think this is the first post of yours i have ever agreed with. :eek:

1 person likes this.
  17. mrdave543

mrdave543 Contributing Member

Thanks Clutch, we are all aware and understand you can't monitor every thread, so there is no reason to apologize to anyone that felt attacked for "donating". Obviously when a poster is soliciting money, for whatever reason, as the owner/moderator that will raise red flags for good reason, and based on the facts that you have presented I would agree that people should not feel compelled to give a dime.

On the flip side, this is just like when you see people everyday on the streets that hold up signs begging for money with a sad story, when they will probably use it for booze/drugs etc. The people that want to give money, for whatever reason, will do it, and those that think "why cant he just get a job instead of begging" will ignore them.

I don't think anyone donated more money than they could afford, and it's just a shame that the thread has turned into more of attack mode, instead of a more helpful place for jobs, assistance, etc.

Signed,

One of the former problem users, that finally grew up (just a little).

18. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Although i respect the kindness people showed, some didn't even wait a night before giving him money. I know it sounded bad, but there was no need to rush donations to him. He had a car and gas. There's places he can drive to and get free groceries.

People may not have given him a lot, but it adds up. Any idea how much money he received?

19. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Deservedly thunder clutched.

20. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I need more evidence -- I detect bias.

1 person likes this.