1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Trading Sengun? Stop me if you've heard me talk about this one. We're talking #Rockets LIVE right now ...

Talking Rockets - LIVE!
  3. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

If Adelman doesn't return...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Apr 15, 2011.

Tags:
  1. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Elston Turner should get his shot. Buden...whatever his name was sounds ok. No retreads unless its Stan Van Gundy.

2. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

http://twitter.com/richardjustice/statuses/58358740772077568

I don't expect Van Gundy to be fired, but I believe it's certainly a possibility should the Magic not perform in the playoffs.

3. rock4ever

rock4ever Member

Lol@You guys actually thinking JVG has the patients to coach young talent. JVG isn't the answer for a team trying to tank and no superstar (in Morey we trust:rolleyes: ) Plus no veteran coach will want to come to Houston after they see how we treated Adelman.
    This organization has screwed itself over

4. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

5. Seth

Seth Member

Jerry Sloan or Phil Jackson

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

Tell me which is more likely:rolleyes::p

7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

How about someone with a proven record of motivating players and making them hungry for defense and rebound?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

She might become a distraction. Though I think her and GM Morey could work quite well together!

9. Carl Herrera

Certainly a good candidate for a player development job. It's no coincidence both Odom and Humphries improved significantly after hooking up with Kardashians. (Her step dad, of course, has achieved sporting excellence as well). Kim K. can totally lend a hand to young guys like Thabeet and help them rise up.

Besides, Morey can bring Kim with him next time when he goes on a FA recruiting tour. Much more effective than Red Rowdies and iPads.

You gotta think outside the box to win a championship nowadays.

10. inishi

inishi Member

Why would anyone want mike brown as a head coach? Unless lebron is packaged with him. Then we can watch him get out coached in the playoffs. Sounds great.

11. inishi

inishi Member

Wouldnt mind elston turner. Don't see either of the van gundys taking over.

12. Carl Herrera

Statistically speaking, when you fire Adelman, there is a 66.67% chance that you will hire PJ Carlesimo as his replacement.

1 person likes this.
  13. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

What am i missing here :confused:

14. anchel

anchel Member

As you said yourself, I think Messina could be a possibility.

15. anchel

anchel Member

As you said.

16. droopy421

droopy421 Member

I have to question Mike Brown's ability to coach well when his plan for cleveland in the ECF was give lebron the ball and pray that he could figure out a way to score.

17. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

If Phil Jackson stays, I would love for the Rockets to give Brian Shaw a chance. It would be great if he could bring the triangle offense to Houston, I don't think many of our players would have a hard time adapting. Plus it also gives a young coach who can grow together with our team while instilling a system that takes a couple of years to perfect with the right mix of players.

18. ILoveTheRockets

word.

19. Landry92

Landry92 Member

I think we should give Elston Turner Or Jack Sikma a shot .. Or if you want the next Thibs then you have Ron Adams .. Defensive Mastermind but I dont how good his offense might be and defenitly not a player's coach

20. jdh008

jdh008 Member

Count my vote as one for anyone but Mike Brown. I'll admit that the guy can coach a decent defense, but he brings little else.

Stan Van Gundy is an interesting name, but I fear that he is one of those coaches that wears on the players similar to Scott Skiles or Doug Collins. Teams improve quickly with coaches like that at the helm, but ultimately plateau once they tire (physically and mentally) of their style.

All that being said, I actually can see Orlando firing SVG. Orlando slipping back to the pack in the East isn't Stan's fault, but I can see him being scape-goated. Whoever put together that roster around Dwight Howard should be the one being let go.