1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If a team offers Jeff Green over 5 million a year, ......

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BigBum, Oct 12, 2020.

?

If a team offers Jeff Green over 5 million a year offseason?

1. Tilman would keep him and likely pay additional luxury tax

6 vote(s)
    7.1%
  2. Tilman would let him go.

78 vote(s)
    92.9%
  1. BigBum

BigBum Member

According to report I had read, a few team could make taxpayer MLE offer to Jeff Green this offseason.

House could be traded.

Bench is so important next season. The top 4 seeds In the west will need to have solid bench.
    How many Rockets players will make more than 4 million a year assuming that Gordon is a starter?

2. Nook

Nook Member

I wouldn’t pay Jeff Green $5,000,000 and I am doubtful anyone else would. There are a lot of players out there that have far higher upside that I would rather use the MLE on.

3. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I could see him getting a BAE, or perhaps 2/8 deal from the KANGZ, but most likely a vet min.

Nook likes this.
  4. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

The shitty thing is Jeff was legitimately our 2nd or 3rd best player in a lot of games last year. If you look at his efficiency and production he was extremely good for a mid season signing.

jiggyfly, DaDakota, napalm06 and 2 others like this.
  5. Nook

Nook Member

He had some very good games and was huge early in the OKC series... I’m still not paying him 5 million.

jiggyfly and raining threes like this.
  6. Reeko

Reeko Member

not sure a 34 yo goes from getting passed around from team to team for several years and getting cut by Utah, to getting 5 mil/yr in the offseason because he played well for half a season

I hope he stays here tho

IvanLCPM, D-rock, napalm06 and 4 others like this.
  7. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Jeff Green is better than Tucker.

Ramo$e, DaDakota, napalm06 and 3 others like this.
  8. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

He will wait for the salary cap next season...everyone will get a massive paycut watch.

9. topfive

topfive CF OG

Did this thread really need a poll?

Better yet, does every single BigBum thread HAVE to have a freakin' poll?

D-rock likes this.
  10. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Some guys look worse in our system than they do elsewhere. Some look better.

Green is one of the guys who look better. I doubt teams that play a more conventional style would get as much out of him as we have, or would pay him a lot.

lilbird20 and D-rock like this.
  11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I like Green. I wouldn't like paying him $5 million.

D-rock likes this.
  12. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Wonder what his mindset is regarding the team. Russ, Harden clearly favor him. Dantoni putting him at center and his steady shot from 3 made him look like a rotation player in like 2 games. Sweating that 10-day getting turned into a season contract. Now what? It’s hard to imagine him fitting better anywhere else and it’s hard to imagine there aren’t plenty of free agents who can hit 3s and put in effort on defense. So like, we need each other but also even if the Rockets weren’t against the cap is it prudent to sign 35 year old journeymen to core-player type contracts? I mean is he the one to put us over the top regarding on court success AND cap implications?!?!

So like, I’m sure they all know the situation well enough. Is Jeff Green willing to take the team’s deal in order to secure a job?

D-rock likes this.
  13. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

I'd be happy for him tbh, he might not be as happy mentally since he won't be playing in his favorite city any longer but at least he's getting paid. He's one of the few NBA players I'd say he'd use the money on those in need more than himself.

14. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

He's worth $5million+. He can literally do a little bit of everything...unfortunately our cap situation makes it less than ideal for us to retain him. I think he'll get paid somewhere though

15. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Tucker should be a situational bench player.

Ramo$e and D-rock like this.
  16. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

if any of our FA get MLE money they're gone.

we're returning with rus, harden, roco PJ, Mac, nwaba, Clemons.

gordon, house could be traded.

green could get more than the vet minimum.

the rest of the FA aren't worth resigning, including Austin.

17. finsraider

finsraider Member

Greens past is checkered enough that I don’t think people believe he’s more than a situational player that sometimes helps, sometimes hurts. I don’t think the Rockets will have to pay to keep him, but if he demands $5 million, let him walk.

The Rockets are not a Green away from beating the Lakers

18. DJ

DJ Member

For some reason I read it as Jeff Van Gundy. I really hope Green returns. He was solid for us.

19. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

Jeff Green is perfect wingman for MDA offense. 6'6" to 6'-9" height, can defend multiple positions, shoot 3, put the ball on the floor and attack the basket, run pick and roll. If only we can find 2 more Jeff Green.

20. psaman17

psaman17 Member

I think we bring him back for the MLE IF(big IF) Tilman is willing to spend anymore this offseason. He's a perfect fit for this team off the bench.

Ramo$e likes this.