1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

IDIOT: Tilman Fertita Retweets Luxury Tax Bill of a Championship Organization...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RudyTBag, Nov 19, 2020.

1. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It means keep this thread plastered at the top of Clutchfans in case he logs on.

BTW: Is anyone down to make some donations to @Clutch to get our front page changed to something insulting Tilman. A basic "Sell the Team" with his face on the front page would make me extremely happy. It is how Houston Rocket fans feel, and he should get the message loud and clear.

BHannes2BHonest, Corrosion and HP3 like this.
  2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Yall bastards followed poor Yao Ming HOME, but you cant track down Tilman and tell him to **** off? Drive down to Kemah and tell him to sell the team.

3. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member

I went to that game. I stood outside the parking garage hoping to meet some players. I remember when those dudes got in their car and followed him. Went on CF the next day and couldnt believe it.

4. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

He knows he's getting **** around the league. His head coach, GM (most iconic GM linked to his team for 15 years) quit, now both stars quitting while reports of his cheap behavior and cutting payroll are becoming public. He's trying to make. acase

he lives in an echo chamber.

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Epic memories. It's all we have now. It's all we'll have for a LONG time. Lulz.

Sajan and D-rock like this.
  6. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

if we clearly blow it up then he shouldn’t use the MLE just to get some mediocre guys .

7. topfive

topfive CF OG

But that's like a fat guy who doesn't work out posting a pic of a really ripped guy. "See what happens in a gym???"

BHannes2BHonest, apollo33 and D-rock like this.
  8. Caprah

Caprah Member

Tilman has the Nevada mafia as his personal bodyguards

9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Knowinh Tilman....it’s not weird at all.

D-rock likes this.
  10. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

I just looked at his Twitter feed for the first time. It's like that movie where you watch a video and then die. It's a hot mess of self-indulgency.

11. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

nobody said he was smart. This dude used mob ties etc and shitty restaurants cutting corners to amass his wealth. Outside of that, any other avenue he would fallen flat. Kudos to him, like trump he lies and fools people

12. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

It's terrible optics but I'm pretty sure his point he was trying to make is that the reason he hasn't gone in to the tax previously isn't because he's trying to cheap out on paying a couple extra million for potential roster moves around the edges to help a contender, but he's been trying to avoid getting into a situation where he has a tax bill like that, which is probably along the lines of 75% of the owners (and for sure would have been Les). I'm probably like one of 5 people who read this forum who give him some benefit of the doubt on that. If Morey had the edict that he could go into the tax, but not deep into the tax unless it would put us over the hump and not pay the repeater, all of the around the edges cost cutting personnel moves we made prior this year generally would support that.

Everyone's main issue here is with cutting costs, but my biggest issue so far under his tenure with respect to player personnel moves by far was the Russ trade where we ironically took on a lot more money.

The Ariza trade looks like just straight up cutting costs though, unless we really do use the full MLE (we'll see).

UTSA2step and topfive like this.
  13. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

We’re done here folks. Power down the servers and call it a night.

14. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

We gave away a really good young player in DeAnthony Melton to save cash.

Nook, HP3, fattz and 2 others like this.
  15. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

Warrior fans hated and booed their owner Lacob, at one point too, when he was new and dumped fan favorite Monta Ellis outta town

Never forget

#35 GreatOne1978, Nov 19, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2020
    BallSoHarden likes this.
  16. D-rock

D-rock Member

Clutch won't do that, he is legit media now.

17. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

I WON BIG!

Who does this remind me of? It’s on the tip of my tongue.

18. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

I think representing how we all feel would be pretty freaking legit!

D-rock likes this.
  19. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Did Lacob ever do this when he got championship level players like we have had? Did he ever get rid of assets to make a buck during their championship runs?

Never forget deez nuts.

20. s3ts

s3ts Member

I love how Tillman thought he was only tweeting to people he knows.

Deleting the tweet afterwards is the funniest part.

Like ah **** I'm self-aware but not enough to keep composure during the most critical time of the Rockets franchise.