1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Identifying the Rockets core

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 9, 2022.

1. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Could it be that Jalen is just having a bad yr? No one would have been on the TRADE JALEN TRAIN last yr.

Based upon similar SGs; Beal, Booker, etc, it takes them 3,4,5yrs to become star level players.

I put Sengun in the same class as Al Horford and Sabonis. Shorter centers, who are effective but very limited.

2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

gordon-ramsay-hells-kitchen.gif

javal_lon and Dobbizzle like this.
  3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Jalen's numbers are very similar in all three years. The disappointing thing is that despite high usage, there is zero improvement; in fact, he has regressed.

They all improved from one year to another in their first 3,4,5 years.

It's very difficult to take you seriously. Sengun at age 21 and Sabonis and Horford at 21 are worlds apart in terms of output.

[​IMG]

4. CXbby

CXbby Member

The accusation is that Clutch is biased against Sengun, never wanted the Rockets to draft him in the first place, puts him in trade scenarios left and right, justifies benching him for Bruno freaking Fernando, “nope” he isn’t the best player on the team when the entire world sees it, posts defensive breakdowns of him on social media even though Jabari/Jalen have both looked far worse at times but we hear nothing, entire Rockets community including the organization and the NBA itself promoting Sengun as an allstar but crickets from master Chief.

Nope, I must have imagined that entire thing. I’m the one who has the agenda apparently. It truly takes a blind bat who has been wrong about every terrible take he’s ever had like DD to not see this. But DD is right about one thing, Clutch is free to hate on whoever he likes and we shouldn’t care about it. But this is the internets, sht posting makes up half the content so why exactly do they care so much what WE think?

duluth111222 and RudyTBag like this.
  5. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Could you address your Jeremy Lin fandom? Inquiring minds want to know what your bad Jeremy Lin takes were.

6. CXbby

CXbby Member

I want to know as well, it seems either Clutch mistakened me for someone else and held a grudge for years for no reason, or just completely made that entire history up. I was rooting for Jeremy to succeed when he first got here, but never complained once when he was benched for Beverley. I could honestly care less about Lin and was never a hot topic for me like Lowry vs Aaron Brooks or Sengun vs the world have been. Maybe you should ask Clutch to address it because he’s the one making baseless accusations.

7. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

It is not an accusation it is a statement of what is going on, clutch is biased and he doesn't admit it. It is Silas biased against sengun 23-24. Everything clearly points in one direction but it cannot be admitted because it doesn't bode well with being a good rockets fan.

An insight would be thinking sengun will not be good and never ever talk about clearly unjustified stuff like 'he doesn't have work ethic', 'he doesn't spend his summers for rockets'. Normally, one would be happy when the insight is wrong and he turns out good.

You might still not like him, but that should come in form of some solid criticism. If you don't have it, of course everyone will point it out.

CXbby likes this.
  8. cumutk

cumutk Member

If you look at their stats and their effect-Sengun is teams everything, he is Rockets offense himself- they are not in same classes,l believe you dont understand basketball.
    Sengun is already a borderline superstar candidate... and there can be no discussion about it..
    Sabonis and Horford were good but role oriented players at 21, without Sengun, Rockets has zero offense.
    At 23 years old, Sengun will be superstar.. He already is walking through that caliber, tier...

Ardeus and Ankara1923 like this.
  9. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

998624ad-a0df-434b-bf56-9fbb23bfaf39_text.gif

RudyTBag likes this.
  10. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Read this article and let me know if this sounds familiar; Good player, quaterback of the offense, run the offense through, etc, etc

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...ChAWegQIBRAB&usg=AOvVaw1cyUGG5OGDF_022XyXBBnA

11. Strawberry Gum

persian hoopa likes this.
  12. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I don't believe you were mistakened by anyone.

13. CXbby

CXbby Member

Failed detective turned grammar nanny

14. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Respectfully, you can not compare them at the same ages because there are so many VARIABLES; who where their teammates at the time? What were their roles at the time? Who were their coaches at the time? How many touches did they get per game?

There is a lot that dictate avgs when they were 22 yrs, compared to Sengun.

However, what I see and look at is their body types, style of play, how effective they are on the offense and defensive end of the court. You're looking at stats, Im going off of what I see.

Let me ask you this, what player similar in size, ability, strengths and weaknesses do you compare Sengun to?

15. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I don't think anyone can convince you of anything at this point. You've already said repeatedly you think Sengun has already hit his ceiling. We can all agree that if this truly is his ceiling at 21 years old and 2.5 years into the league, then yeah, he's not worth building around. If this is as good as he's ever going to get then he is not worth the trouble. His current level of play is Sabonis or Horford.

But you're alone (or in a very small camp) in thinking that he will never be better than he is today. Most of us see the improvement from year 1 to 2, and then year 2 to 3, and we see a future superstar. We see a guy who is going to be an all star starter, a perennial all nba guy, by the time he's like 25-28 years old. And that's the player we're all in on. You're arguing against the player he is today and that's the big disconnect. Of course he can't hang with Embiid and Jokic today. 21 year old Embiid and 21 year old Jokic weren't good enough to do that either.

clos4life, Ardeus, Ankara1923 and 4 others like this.
  16. CXbby

CXbby Member

17. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I think Sengun is quite unique, there's not much a direct comparison based one what we've seen in the past

Ankara1923 likes this.
  18. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Just a difference of opinion. I'll ask you the same question that I asked everyone else who disagree.

Who would you compare Sengun to who have played in the NBA?

19. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

no way I'm getting involved in this. I've been minding my own business for weeks

clos4life and Dobbizzle like this.
  20. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

So, no one else in the previous 80 yrs in the NBA compares to Sengun?

Hakeem - Bill Russell
    Jordan - Dr. J
    Jabbar - Chamberlin
    Bird - Havlichek/Pistol Pete
    Isaiah Tomas - Bob Cousy

I can name comparisons for all of the great players and other players that compared to them but no one compares to Sengun?