1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ideal Penis Size Depends on Guy's Height

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rocketsjudoka, Apr 15, 2013.

1. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Member
    Supporting Member

As soon as I saw this headline I figured this would be an important topic for Clutchfans.

It does though confirms that women like taller men with bigger schlongs.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/51470024/...guys-height/?lite&lite=obnetwork#.UWwABkoYmK8

'Ideal' Penis Size Depends on Guy's Height

Put down the rulers, guys — whether your penis is the "right" size depends on the proportions of the rest of your body, a new study finds.

Women rate men with larger penises more attractive, but the returns on bigger genitals start to decrease at a flaccid length of 2.99 inches (7.6 centimeters), the researchers found. What's more, larger penises gave tall men a bigger attractiveness boost than shorter men. The study suggests that women's preferences for bigger penises could explain why human males have relatively big genitals for their body size.

Studies on women's preferences for penis size have been mixed, with some suggesting that women who frequently orgasm through vaginal stimulation are the pickiest, perhaps because penis size matters for that sort of stimulation. Men typically fret more about size than women, however, at least according to a 2007 review article in the British Journal of Urology International.

But studies have relied on questionnaires, which may not always glean honest answers, Australian researchers wrote today (April 8) in the journal Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. And in other studies, scientists have asked women to judge the attractiveness of male figures in photos with only penis size varied, when in fact no trait is ever evaluated in a vacuum, the scientists added. [ The 7 Weirdest Animal Penises ]

To compensate, the researchers, led by Michael Jennions of Australian National University, showed 105 young Australian women life-size computer-generated figures of nude men, varying the figures' flaccid penis size, height and shoulder-to-hip ratio. Height and shoulder-to-hip ratio have previously been shown as factors used by women to judge attractiveness. The computer simulations varied penis width in sync with length, so that all penises were proportional.

The results revealed that women preferred taller men as well as high shoulder-to-hip ratios (meaning that the wider the shoulders were than the hip, the more attractive the man). Shoulder-to-hip ratio was a major determiner of attractiveness, accounting for 79.6 percent of the variation in hot-or-not ratings.

Though the effect was less extreme, women also preferred larger penises, at least up to 5.1 inches (13 cm) flaccid, which was the largest computer-generated penis in the study. Beyond 2.99 inches, however, the additional attractiveness per extra length started to decline. That's good news for guys, according to a 2001 Italian study that found 2.99 inches flaccid to be below average.

When the researchers controlled for shoulder-to-hip ratio, they found that a larger penis had a greater effect on attractiveness for taller men. It's possible that a larger penis just looked more proportional on a taller man's body, the researchers wrote, or it could be that women were biased against shorter men to the extent that even large genitals didn't help.

Women's own features mattered as well, the researchers found: Taller women were more likely to find taller men attractive. Women with greater body mass per height were slightly more likely than thinner women to weigh penis size more heavily in their judgments of attractiveness, though the difference was small.

The findings might help explain why humans have remarkably large genitalia given their average body size, the researchers wrote. Male humans outgun any other primate species: For example, male gorillas can weigh as much as 400 pounds (180 kilograms), but their erect penis length is only about 1.5 inches (4 cm). Human males weigh about half of what gorillas do, but studies peg average erect or flaccid-but-stretched penis length from 4.7 inches (12 cm) to 6.5 inches (16.7 cm).

Evolutionary biologists theorize that large human penises might help remove sperm from competing males during sex, but in an era before clothing, women may have been drawn to mating with men whose genitalia caught their eye. Men with larger penises, then, may have passed on their genes more readily, resulting in the large-genitals trait being handed down the generations. In other words, guys may have women to thank for their greater-than-gorilla-sized genitals.

2. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Member

TL; TWSS. :eek:

3. Yonkers

Yonkers Member

Now I don't feel so bad being 5'10" and only having a nine inch penis.

1 person likes this.
  4. basso

basso Member
    Supporting Member

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BEnKLhi83J8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. PinkTacos

PinkTacos Member

I'm more concerned about girls preferring tall guys over short guys...whats the cutoff for being considered tall or short?

6. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Member

It depends on how tall the female is. If she's tall, she usually wants someone taller... but that's not always the case. I've seen tall-girl/short-guy relationships that WORK. :eek:

7. Yonkers

Yonkers Member

5'10" being the US average, I guess tall doesn't start until 6'.

8. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Member

these penis measurements are inches as measured from the ground up, correct?

I tried that this morning and seems about right

9. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Member

So interestingly enough, what I caught from skimming the article is that gorillas erect Penisaurs are only 1.5" erect.

10. JD88

JD88 Member

I just read this.

I prefer short girls (5'4" or less) with large 'features'.

It makes sense everyone has their preferences. My question is, how do you measure a flaccid penis? After a shower? In the snow?

11. JD88

JD88 Member

And since when is the average erect penis pegged at 4.7 inches? Maybe in Japan.

12. Ender120

Ender120 Member

If you have to ask, you're short.

Tall people know they're tall because women are always clucking about how tall they are.

Not how smart, or how funny, or, in a lot of cases, how muscular.

Just tall.

It's unfair, but what can you do?

13. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

3 foot 9 with a 10 foot d***

14. PinkTacos

PinkTacos Member

Well i'm short...:mad:

15. Jontro

Jontro Member

Greg Oden laughs at this thread.

16. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

17. pirc1

pirc1 Member

6' doesn't seem to be tall, I would say at least 6'2". I am 6' and always thought I was average.

18. SK34

SK34 Member

Quit crying about your size. These are things you CANNOT work on to improve or get bigger. Work on other things to improve like how to finish or such and like make your paper. Everything will be aight.

19. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Member

That's interesting. I am 6' even but everyone thinks I am 6'4 or 6'5. I am also built like an NFL lineman, so that may have some sort of illusion.

20. VanityHalfBlack

-My penis is so big it has its own birth certificate
    - My penis is so big that when I walk, it's already 3 steps ahead of me.
    - My penis is so big you can see my family tree on that mutaphuker!