1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Idea for Help for Small Forward

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by stevel, Oct 30, 2004.

1. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

A minor correction, Rashard Lewis is listed at 6'10

I agree some salary dumping might be necessary. I wonder if the Rockets would consider throwing in Deke for one of their over-priced back ups. I prefer Deke to their back ups, but to get Rashard Lewis back in Houston I'd take on any of those scrubs.

would something like this work?

Houston trades:

Maurice Taylor
    Dikembe Mutumbo

Seattle trades:

Rashard Lewis
    Jerome James/Vitaly Potapenko

It's probably all just wishful thinking, but it's fun speculation. I'm drooling at the thought of Rashard playing the three for us. I'd also love to see Antonio Daniels thrown in somehow. I'd definitely throw in a pick or two and Gaines or Boki for that.

2. Relativist

Relativist Contributing Member

The only bad contracts Seattle has now are Fortson and Rashard. Potapenko and James have expiring contracts. I think it would take a three-way to get it done since we our TE is too small to use for Fortson.

I don't think we have the pieces for a Rashard deal.

3. Milos

Milos Member

I really think this is one of the few teams which bears watching as a possible trade partner throughout the season for several reasons:

A. Rocks management has been openly courting ADaniels the entire offseason, and since it seems he has become expendable, and we desparately need a starting-caliber PG...

B. Rashard has become expendable, and the Houston connection has got to be appealling to him, no matter what he says publicly...

C. Our most valuable trade chip, MoT, almost signed with Seattle when we got him (if I remember correctly they were our biggest competition), indicating someone over there likes him...

D. They have quite a few frontcourt players, but absolutely NO low-post scorers (excluding Collison, who is basically a rookie). Fortson, Radman, JJames, REvans and Potopenko offer a wide range of expendable skills and contracts to make a deal work for both teams.

I would definitely consider something like this as a definite possibility, unless either team catches fire:

RLewis, ADaniels and one of the Sonic's big men

for

MoT, JJ, a PG and anything else needed to close the deal other than Yao/Tmac/JHoward

4. stevel

stevel Contributing Member

We seem to be in total agreement, plus, in regards to Collison, he is coming off a season ending shoulder injury. I can't see counting on him as your lone low post scorer. I was also thinking that if we could pull the Lewis deal off, perhaps we could get Daniels for the TE. This would give Seattle a lot of flexibility.

I am also in favor in giving them a future first with Mo to complete the deal. Seattle has holes to fill, and they could perhaps package the 2 picks (theirs will certainly be in the lottery) to move or add a player they really want.

I think this could be a situation where both teams could benefit and fill needs.

5. stevel

stevel Contributing Member

He probably dropped an inch or 2 with the herniated disc.:D

6. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

How about Joe Johnson and Casey Jacobsen for Mo Taylor, Tyronn Lue and a future pick? Our future picks are worth very little-- don't tell Phoenix...

7. Alimoe84

Alimoe84 Member

I don't know about Lewis, but I would love to have Radmonovic. He's long, he can shoot, and unlike Nachbar, he's found his niche in this league. I love my boy Boki, but its time to face it....the guy can't shoot at all. I would do this trade....

Mo Taylor
    Nachbar
    future 2nd rounder

for

Radmonovic
    Evans

This trade is what I like to call addition by subtraction. We get A solid 3 man for the future and a young, improving banger in Reggie Evans. The Sonics get scoring with Mo Taylor. Nachbar would probably be better suited in Seattle's offense.