1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I'd be ecstatic if this was our team next year!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by vince, Jan 29, 2001.

Tags:
  1. vince

vince Member

This team would definatly compete with the best if all the key players stay healthy.

Center-Cato
    Power Forward-Webber
    Small forward-Anderson
    Shooting guard-Mobley
    Point Guard-Francis

Reserves:
    Center/Power forward-Taylor
    Small forward-Williams
    guard-Nooris

end of the bench:
    Well who cares about these guys right?
    But some potential with the draft picks. You decide.

------------------
    The guns are cocked and the soldiers are in place, it's time to march and let the battles decide the war.

2. Lewie221

Lewie221 Member

No way we get Webber and keep Taylor in here as a reserve. He would definatley leave for a team that not only could pay him money, but would let him start and didn't care if he could rebound or be a true PF.

------------------
    The Rockets Championship in 2001...Be-Steve-it

3. Sherlock

Sherlock Contributing Member

Webber/Collier/Curry
    Mo/Thomas/Diop
    SAR/Langhi/Morris
    Mobely/Anderson
    Francis/Norris

------------------
    the more I know, the more I know I don't know...

4. vince

vince Member

But that would be a strong front court.

Webber, Taylor, and Cato as the key guys.

The reason I'm not including Taylor is because I think he will be traded before the deadline. But who know? only Doc and Clutch!!

------------------
    The guns are cocked and the soldiers are in place, it's time to march and let the battles decide the war.

5. Sane

Sane Member

Would u be THAT much less ecstatic if it were:

Cato
    Webber
    Anderson
    Mobley
    Francis

Bench:

Collier
    KT
    Langhi
    Mooch
    draft pick
    draft pick
    2nd round draft pick

I'm hoping we'll trade Walt for a future first round pick from the Bulls. Why not? Bulls want some more experience, and we want first rounders. It would be perfect.

------------------

6. Steve_Francis_rules

Anything that involves webber being added to our current nucleus is good.

------------------

7. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

i would be ecstatic if our lineup looked like this.

pf:maurice taylor / kenny thomas
    sf:shareef abdur rahim / walt williams
    c :chris webber / kelvin cato
    sg:cuttino mobley / shandon anderson
    pg:steve francis / moochie norris

too bad this could only happen if players thought about winning instead of their bank accounts

------------------
    http://www.democrats.com

8. Band Geek Mobster

I don't see Webber ever agreeing to be a center. I remember hearing him on the radio (I think it was the rome show) talking about the Sacramento offseason acquisitions. He kept mentioning how Portland went and got Dale Davis and Shawn Kemp and got bigger in the frontcourt while the kings did nothing.

He sounded like he wanted nothing to do with having to bang hard with the powerful teams of the west by himself. So I dont think we should bother dreamcasting of Webber being a center for us so we can keep Mo. I would LOVE to get CWebb and keep Mo, but it's HIGHLY unlikely.

Also after this season I have 0 faith in Cato having any sort of important role with this team. I've lost all confidence in that dude staying healthy, how many games has he played this season? I only remember seeing him play maybe 1 or 2 games this season w/o leaving b/c of some new injury.

I'd be ecstatic if we kept this team the same and only added a defensive minded center that can grab the defensive boards and pass it ahead to our releasing guards. Imagine how good our break could be if we didn't need to rely on Francis and the rest of our guards grabbing the rebounds our big men SHOULD be getting.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Band Geek Mobster (edited January 29, 2001).]

9. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I don't know about Cato. The clearest hint that Doc Rocket gave was that someone on injured reserve would be gone soon. Of course, nothing happens until it happens. But this strongly implies "good-bye, Kelvin (thanks for leaving us the cap space?)"

------------------

10. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

This lineup would be against the law [​IMG] Although it would be nice to have it.

------------------
    President of the Steve Francis, Jamal Crawford,Larry Hughes, and Charles Woodson fan club.

11. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

My lineup:

J. Collier
    K. Thomas
    S. Anderson
    C. Mobley
    S. Francis.

Dope! I'd ride that team to the elite 3!

------------------
    I keep plugging away, but I just can't get a 3 way to work on realwife.com