1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ICYMI: PJ Tucker calls out Rockets organization over current John Wall situation on IG

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Nov 29, 2021.

1. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

At what age does one need to stop liking shoes?

HP3 likes this.
  2. HP3

HP3 Member

You just told on yourself. How can you as a fan not care about that? Boggles my mind. Im never gonna look silly for defending one of the best role players the Rockets ever had.

Yall just root a logo.

D-rock and Dobbizzle like this.
  3. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

PJ has his own agenda, and it's diametrically opposed to the Rockets interests.

D-rock likes this.
  4. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Wow, look at all the little b****es in this thread slandering PJ and any other player who backs Wall. Rockets has the absolute worst fanbase, we probably deserve Tilman tbh, many of you seem to share Morey's horrific trait of viewing people as assets and tools to be manipulated. We're never getting a good free agent again.

D-rock and HP3 like this.
  5. jacoby

jacoby Member

Every fanbase in the league views the players as assets.

D-rock likes this.
  6. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Sure, if you say so. Many people are actually fans of players, don't see that much around here. I don't even see much of people liking basketball, it mostly seems to be nonsense talk about players they know almost nothing about (like John Wall) blind hatred for ex players, especially if they don't act like good little servants or say exactly what the toxic ass b****es in here want them to. And then let's not forget the massive contingent of losers who spend their time rooting for other teams players to be better than ours so they can claim some bizarre notion of being superior scouts. And when our new good players leave, you'll all blame Tilman or Stone without a hint of irony that no player in their right mind would want to play for such a self-loathing, bottom feeding shitty ass fanbase. It'd be funny if it wasn't so tragic.

HP3 likes this.
  7. CircaSurvive

CircaSurvive Member

He's not gonna **** you bro, go write about him in your diary and let fans of the current team think what they want about a former player sticking his nose where it simply doesn't belong. Again, we have enough problems.

8. HP3

HP3 Member

What is wrong with you lmao? Let us fans worry about the current team? Lol what player would want to play for a b**** ass like yourself, one who doenst care about them and want them to just ahem "shut up and dribble"

All in your feelings over an insta comment. Pathetic.

Dobbizzle likes this.
  9. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

PJ can STFU...
    imo... too many millionaires always crying about some preceived injustice being forced upon them or their fellow millionaires... while they cash those fat checks... screw them...

Crashlanded19 and cmoak1982 like this.
  10. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

and IF Wall wants to be 'free' - im sure if he wanted to walk away from his contract - the Rox would have no problem quashing it...

but no... these greedy self absorbed bastards want everything the way they want it - and they want the ridiculous paychecks to keep coming...

someone really oughta call out this kinda stupidity...

like Ron Harper 'doing time' on a contract he signed - while getting paid more than 99% of other people in this country... smh...

11. CircaSurvive

CircaSurvive Member

Now I'm amused lol projection is some really funny stuff. And how did I become a coach all of a sudden hahaha

12. H. Christopher

13. HP3

HP3 Member

Lol, dont use projection like you know what it means. Projection lmao, totally wrong word to use. And no dumbass I didnt imply that you were a coach, that would be disrespectful to even pee wee level coaches.

Dobbizzle likes this.
  14. CircaSurvive

CircaSurvive Member

Aight bro you're making me feel bad now damn why don't ya'll come with autism badges take it easy ok you win

15. HP3

HP3 Member

You literally started out with "BRO he's not gonna **** you." Lmao dont try to play this game. And yea you are right, I did win. :D

Dobbizzle likes this.
  16. J.R.

J.R. Member

They had an agreement. AGREEMENT. Rockets agreed. John Wall agreed.
    Who’s the one “reneging” on the agreement?

John, why was it a decision that was good for you to not play, something you were open to?

Since I came here, everything has been professional. We came together, it was the best decision for both parties.

Who initiated this?

Rafael: No one initiated it. We traded for him, sat down the next day, talked for hours. One thing about our relationship is we talk. We talked the end of last year, this summer, it’s just talking, talking, talking because you want to make sure you’re always on the same page. Our communication has been easy. What can we find that works for everyone and not just for everyone for one minute but for the long term.

Rafael: Organizationally, we don’t have any interest [in a buyout]. I don’t think it makes sense for John and doesn’t make sense for us. We’re gonna find things that makes sense for both parties as opposed to something that doesn’t make sense for either.

Rafael: We had a bunch of conversations what’s best for John and what’s best for us and how to find a happy medium. …

Is this arrangement subject to change?

Rafael: What we found we think is gonna work for the foreseeable future.
    John: When we spoke, we both been having conversations since the season’s been over. We’ve been talking and both decided it’s the best situation to do what we’re doing.

What do you want long term out of this arrangement?

John: I have no idea. … Most important thing is trying to stay healthy.

What is it going to be like to practice and opening night in Minnesota not put on a uniform?

John: Going to be tough but we both came to an agreement. We understand where we are. …

Rafael: … There’s a little bit of a myth that relationships between players and organizations are supposed to be dictatorial. That doesn’t work. It never has. … Our relationship is a partnership. It is important we be a place that treats all our employees, not just players, like partners and we be a place that people want to be. You just can’t want to be some place when everything is perfect. …

You traded James where he wanted to go. You traded PJ where he wanted to go. Are you trying to get that message around the league?

Rafael: It’s the right way to deal with players and colleagues. We work together. That’s the right relationship for us to have. I’m being transparent about the way we’re trying to run our organization. We, both of us, are doing it because it’s the right thing for us. It only works if John is a partner. You have to meet in the middle.

Now John is breaking his part of the AGREEMENT and wants to dictate the terms of his return.

I gotta start.
    I gotta play major minutes.
    I gotta get mine/all the shots.

John Wall - Even though he AGREED to sit out, he’s still getting paid every week/2 weeks/end of month(however the NBA pay schedule is) right? Those checks are still cashing? But I guess they “wronged” him by not granting his immediate request to start, play 33 minutes/night, get all the shots he wants.

DeMarcus Cousins - Rockets gave #washedcousins a chance; team not very good, Rockets grant DeMarcus his release to sign with a contender; (spends 2 months in purgatory before the Clippers sign him in April 2021; goes unsigned in FA; Bucks signed him a day ago, November 2021); but I guess they “wronged” him by not playing #washedcousins 30 minutes a night or that they released him?

Kenneth Faried - released by Brooklyn; signs with the Rockets; maybe should take it up with Mike D’Antoni for not playing him in the playoffs? And I guess they “wronged” him by not re-signing him? But neither did any other NBA team? (Spent Summer League with the Blazers?)

Zhejiang Guangsha Lions (2019)
    On November 6, 2019, Faried was reported to have signed with the Zhejiang Lions. After appearing in seven games, Faried was reported to have his contract with the Zhejiang Lions terminated on December 4.

Leones de Ponce (2021)
    On August 3, 2021, Faried was included in roster of Portland Trail Blazers for the 2021 NBA Summer League. On October 1, he signed with Leones de Ponce of the Baloncesto Superior Nacional.

CSKA Moscow (2021–present)
    On October 9, 2021, Faried signed with CSKA Moscow of the VTB United League and the EuroLeague.

Mason Jones - irrelevant

P.J. Tucker - traded him to where he wanted to go, traded him to a contender, won a ring but I guess because they didn’t give him an extension, they did him “wrong”.

Chandler Parsons was right. Houston is dirty! Did these guys so dirty! :rolleyes:

#****inLames
    ALL OF ‘EM

beardsanity713, kjayp, AXG and 5 others like this.
  17. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

i agree that Wall should be playing, but PJ also thought he was worth a lot more money when talking about contracts

18. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Look I was on PJs side, he was a pro here

He got moved to a contender and won a championship..wtf is he talking about now...hes losing my respect..

kjayp and D-rock like this.
  19. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Nice. I bought these on my 25th bday and been rocking them ever since.
    [​IMG]

20. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

F PJ Tucker. Wtf is he seriously.