1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ICYMI] Codman Speaks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DarkHorse, Sep 21, 2017.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

disagree. capella isn't going anywhere. and I think people exaggerate capella and this apparent huge pay day coming. he should be getting a raise but it won't be to the level of max imo

2. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

yea he won't be max but it'll be too high to retain him and keep the new big 3 since we are hard cap. Plus we don't know how much Tilman is willing to spend on tax $$$

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

really depends on what too high is. Capella hasn't struck me as someone who is willing to go to a horrible team just for money assuming of course someone is going to offer him some ridiculous salary. If this team lives up to what many of us are expecting this year, I think he is more than willing to stick around with a nice raise and respectable offer. Especially when he has two of the best guards in the league making his job that much easier and having a shot at winning a ring and going deep in the playoffs

RudyTBag likes this.
  4. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yak77jtj

4 team trade that unloads Noah contract as well.

Rockets in:
    Melo
    Beno Udrih

New York in:
    Andre Drummond
    Greg Monroe
    Tobias Harris
    Gary Payton II
    Tim Quarterman

Milwaukee in:
    Ryan Anderson
    Kyle O'Quinn
    Shawn Long
    Demetrius Jackson

Detroit in:
    J. Noah
    Courtney Lee
    Jabari Parker
    Lance Thomas
    Isaiah Taylor.

#104 DonKnock, Sep 22, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
    justtxyank and JoeBarelyCares like this.
  5. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

There was an Ella in Capela. ;):D Knew it.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  7. YOLO

YOLO Member

Os Trigonum likes this.
  8. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

I think the part about keeping Ryan implies a buyout of Melo. That is about the only way that happens. I no the Knicks said no. But that is about the only way that scenario can happen, IF it happens

9. Newlin

Newlin Member

That's a big if.

photojoe and don grahamleone like this.
  10. bmd

bmd Member

1. I haven't been around here very much for more than a year, so no, I don't know anything about Codman.

2. Because he's going through something in his personal life that makes his posts immune to criticism? That's silly and I'm sure he wouldn't want anyone's pity.

3. It's nothing personal against Codman. I disliked when DocRocket posted the same way.

4. I'll continue to speak my mind whenever I feel like it and how you react to it is your business. I'm not on here to make friends.

MghtyPtrck likes this.
  11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I agree that it's hard not to trade Ryno if we are getting Melo.

Our biggest three salaries are Harden, Paul, and Anderson. We aren't trading the first two. So it's almost certain that Anderson is going out if Melo is coming in.

Maybe the the messenger/source meant that Melo coming to Houston is not nearly a done deal. (And it depends on how Melo plays it.) And because Morey is not willing to part with Anderson, it will take a lot more complicated route, hence the involvement of Milwaukee and Detroit.

Now the fact still remains that salaries need to go out. The next tier of salaries we have are Gordon 13M, Ariza 8M, and Tucker 8M. Gordon+Ariza/Tucker matches Ryno's. But Codman also said in subsequent posts that Morey did not want to lose Gordon either. My guess is that we will have to part with either Anderson or Gordon+Ariza.

Ariza is expendable because of Tucker. But Gordon is not. So it comes down to which guy Morey values more, Ryno or EGo. The trio of Harden-Paul-Gordon is just too good to break up. But NY probably wants a lot more than Ryno for Melo. Maybe Morey finally says, "Shuck it. Melo isn't worth losing Anderson or Gordon. I'm gonna go to war with our current roster."

Anyway, Codman's take shows that Ryno has a lot more value in Morey's eyes than we thought.

slothy420, heypartner and DonKnock like this.
  12. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Anderson isn't a bad player.

Shooting is the most valuable skill in the modern NBA and that's his main skill.

There's no reason to take any move that would be lateral or a net negative here when we're at the point we are now. Morey has put countless hours into building this team and he knows that to make any sizable gain at this stage becomes increasingly difficult and fragile.

13. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Sounds legit. Hasn't a knock on Morey in the past been that he overvalues his own players? But maybe this is posturing.

Easy likes this.
  14. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

15. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

If it's up to me, I would probably be willing to trade Anderson for Melo straight up and give up nothing more, partly because I think Anderson is overpaid. I do think that Ryno is under-appreciated by most fans here. I wouldn't give up Gordon for Melo.

So I would not trade for Melo as is now. But that might be because I have never liked Melo.

Bobsputin likes this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I am not the biggest Melo homer myself but whatever fuels players like CP3 and Harden to play better than normal in the playoffs.

I wouldn't give up Gordon either.

D-rock and slothy420 like this.
  17. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Here is the current salaries of NBA centers with most negotiated before the crazy cap. Where do you think Clint fits in.

PLAYER
    CAP HIT

1 [​IMG]
    Al Horford
    CENTER $27,734,405
    2 [​IMG]
    Andre Drummond
    CENTER $23,775,506
    [​IMG]
    Hassan Whiteside
    CENTER $23,775,506
    4 [​IMG]
    Dwight Howard
    CENTER $23,500,000
    5 [​IMG]
    DeAndre Jordan
    CENTER $22,642,350
    [​IMG]
    Brook Lopez
    CENTER $22,642,350
    [​IMG]
    Marc Gasol
    CENTER $22,642,350
    8 [​IMG]
    Steven Adams
    CENTER $22,471,910
    9 [​IMG]
    Rudy Gobert
    CENTER $21,974,719
    10 [​IMG]
    DeMarcus Cousins
    CENTER $18,063,850
    11 [​IMG]
    Greg Monroe
    CENTER $17,884,175
    12 [​IMG]
    Joakim Noah
    CENTER $17,765,000
    13 [​IMG]
    Ian Mahinmi
    CENTER $16,661,641
    14 [​IMG]
    Tristan Thompson
    CENTER $16,400,000
    15 [​IMG]
    Jonas Valanciunas
    CENTER $15,460,674
    16 [​IMG]
    Timofey Mozgov
    CENTER $15,280,000
    17 [​IMG]
    Robin Lopez
    CENTER $13,788,500
    18 [​IMG]
    Tyson Chandler
    CENTER $13,000,000
    19 [​IMG]
    Marcin Gortat
    CENTER $12,782,609
    20 [​IMG]
    Mason Plumlee
    CENTER $12,654,321

Unless he gets hurt, he is going to be offered over 20 million a season by someone.

18. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Don't be a jealous anonymous turd. It's all about @bmd.

What have u done for BMD today?? Give the woman some attention.

19. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

Look, nobody minds differing opinions. But saying someone is playing games, especially a respected poster who's kind enough to share bits of insider info he's hearing, is unnecessary. To say it about a respected member of this community, a member who's valiantly battling for his life, is bush-league and incredibly insensitive.

Take note, you are in his thread. If you don't like the cryptic nature of his posts then it's simple . . .

GTFO and don't come back.

20. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

For me, it's all about Tilllllllman being able to pay the luxury tax. If we are serious about winning, we match Capela no matter what.