1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ICYMI] Codman Speaks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DarkHorse, Sep 21, 2017.

1. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

"Broken pieces"- does this mean: [​IMG]

2. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Appreciate it. Regardless of what the Knicks do, my EARS come from a place of positive intent. When I am cryptic (a la Doc Rocket), it's because countless people read this board. My health is already jeopardized; no need to destroy a part of my career, right?

Roxtxia,,,,thanks for being a real one on a consistent basis.

There are so many of you on here that I respect, but especially those that understand how quickly transactions change. Don't make it personal, if possible. Just accept it as a legitimate EAR that has come through numerous times.

Free Birds and Broken Parts is my phrase for now. Melo is Maya's bird, and he'll sing when the time is right. It's just a matter of playing the cards right. His image will be tarnished if he avoids training camp, but after an appearance , he'll find his way out.

The Portland rumor has some legs, but again, Melo is one of the few all stars to never go deep into the post-season. If Portland blinded us with an offer to NY, I'd be shocked and understand that Melo has no concept of winning.

CP3 will tell you otherwise. Carmelo's last dance is coming. He'll make it to the prom as a prom king nominee, or he'll be a rip city runner-up to Dame.

BigMaloe, D-rock, slothy420 and 14 others like this.
  3. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

A Codman 'like' isn't so different than a post. Well done.

Codman likes this.
  4. Reeko

Reeko Member

that would be horrible, Noah is done...can't see Morey tying himself down to a contract like that...his deal is a lot worse than Anderson's

DonKnock likes this.
  5. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I hope this is a Maya Angelou reference. Little miss said nothing for many years and then suddenly sprung on us in an unforgettable way. I appreciate a poetic reference.

6. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Welcome back. Glad to hear from you. We missed you and we all praying for you.

7. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

There had been talk awhile back that Perry wanted Morey to unload the Noah contract for him.

8. OTMax

OTMax Member

Could it be that if Anderson stays, that Gordon goes and we plan to replace him with Wade? Gordon better stay though, Ryno off the bench is nice since PJ & Mbah are good from the corners but we have literally no guards outside of CP3 & Harden then..

9. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

What's the "lucky number 7Even" reference? Is that a reference to Nerlens "Noel" or something? Lol.

And welcome back Codman.

DonKnock likes this.
  10. tmacman

tmacman Member

Carmelo Anthony's jersey number ‍♂️‍♂️ *derp*

11. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

We aren't trading for Noah. There are no conversations about us taking back noah.

12. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

wouldn't make that a 100%er of a statement; no knowledge pervades on whatever the deal might look like if it ever becomes a deal, in fact.

jch1911 likes this.
  13. bmd

bmd Member

You're mistaken there.

14. Reeko

Reeko Member

I remember that...Noah being involved in this somehow has always sounded too crazy to me...Knicks will have to get rid of him themselves or keep him and take the L on that one

What could we possibly give to get any team to take that Noah contract that would be worth it on our end? That contract is in Timofey Mozgov territory.

15. bmd

bmd Member

Oh really? He spells it out? Please go ahead and tell us exactly what he is saying, because I'm looking around and people are just jumping to their own conclusions about what they think he was trying to say.

Since you've got it all figured out, why don't you spell it out for us?

16. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

We can't take back Noah mathematically. We'd have to include Anderson, Gordon, Ariza and a non guaranteed bro just to fit those two under the hard cap. If we were willing to deal Ariza or Gordon this would be an issue.

DonKnock likes this.
  17. Reeko

Reeko Member

u can get the gist of what he's saying

He's hearing things from the Houston and NY side. Wildcard 3rd teams include Detroit (Stan Van Gundy) and Milwaukee (Kidd). Talks are fluid between those teams. What he's heard from a good source is that Melo will be coming here right around training camp, but he can't confirm it yet. What he can confirm from another source is that if Melo is still in NY once training camp starts, he will say all the right things but become a nightmare behind the scenes.

I've never watched "The Blacklist," but apparently one of these broken pieces is Noah? I've never understood how he can be involved in this. We might have to give up more in an offer for Melo like a draft pick or another player from our rotation. Is that worth the sacrifice for Melo?

We might somehow be able to keep Ryno and add Melo. This is most likely through a buyout of some sort. He does not have any specifics on this. Morey still values Ryno and paid him for a reason.

Melo controls his destiny. He's lost his wife and needs a new start. He knows that Houston with CP3 and Harden is the best place for him to be.

18. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

How would we get melo and Noah?

19. Newlin

Newlin Member

Unless Codman IS Burt Steele.:eek:

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me, you can't get fooled again.

Invisible Fan and Os Trigonum like this.
  20. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

My bet is Noah most likely goes some where else and this helps Perry save face in trading Melo.