1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ICYMI] Codman Speaks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DarkHorse, Sep 21, 2017.

1. bmd

bmd Member

And now instead of discussing any actual information, people are going to spend page after page trying to decipher this nonsense like it's the Rosetta Stone.

2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

sure beats talking about Burt Steele

3. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Codman with the Jokers riddle. So basically we have a 4 team trade and we are keeping Ryno.

4. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Bitter and pissy you are. Easily seduced by the dark side. You must let go of your anger. Consume you it will.

5. bmd

bmd Member

I'm none of those things. But someone had to speak up about silly cryptic posts.

6. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

Figure it's EGo or Capela if not Ryan, and maybe with. I'm more inclined to let ... That is a whole nother thread.

7. clos4life

clos4life Member

8. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Games? Nah, just re-read the lines. It's all there. All love to you and yours.

9. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

#BIGCOD get well brother we all here on clutchfans missed you good to hear from you brother.

D-rock, slothy420, DonKnock and 2 others like this.
  10. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

With 600 pages of Melo drama, I understand the doubt. I understand that many of you don't believe my claims. It's understandable.

However, again, please remember I only report what is told to me from players, some agents and guys behind the scenes.

A scenario can change at 3 am...sure, it hurts my credibility, but I'd rather share what's been discussed to me, rather than ignore due to a risk of being inaccurate.

My track record for some trades (while sometimes cryptic for very necessary reasons) have come to fruition. (Ex: Our new prince on defense. I knew he was coming awhile back based on our interest with numerous Clipper players. I gave the number, and sooner than later, we had our defensive juggernaut.)

But, as a decent man, I will admit when my EARS give me wrong info. That's why it's speculation. Choose to ignore me, block me etc...but my only intention is to share what some highly-respected power players discuss with me through various avenues.

Also, thanks to the countless posters who sent me well wishes. I'm not a cancer free agent, but I'm trying a new treatment and learning to appreciate the little things more and more.

Today, my joy was derived from buying $50 worth of goodies from the ice cream truck for some disadvantaged youth. Their smile meant everything to me, because I'm relearning to use my own.

My joy also is sharing what i hear with you all (the best posters around).

If I'm wrong, which I have been at times (or when I cursed our chances with J.Jack/Noah, etc... @Roxtixa knows this) I'll fully admit it.

We're in good hands. But the dominant hand will come down to Melo and CP3. They will either make this happen sooner, or force it later when Melo finally gets tired of losing in a failing organization with leadership as good as McHale's coaching.

:)

11. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

glad to hear you're doing well Cod

cheatpnz and DonKnock like this.
  12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Thank you. I have not entered that Melo thread for a long time.

Basically these:
    1. It involves the Bucks.
    2. It involves the Pistons.
    3. Ryan Anderson will likely stay.
    4. Knicks will hate Melo after training camp.
    5. If we get Melo, it will be pick(s) (probably from #1 and/or #2 above), or an important role player.

malakas and DonKnock like this.
  13. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Broken pieces monologue from The Blacklist

D-rock likes this.
  14. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Wait, trading Ryno is not just about who we should trade, it was also always about the need to match salaries.

Whether we trade Ryno or not one fact remains

We must trade away ~$21m in salary in order to add Melo's salary to the team.

We are hardcapped, and currently can only add $6m more in salary....not to mention salary matching rules.

15. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

FIFY
    1. Could involve the Bucks.
    2. Could involve the Pistons.
    3. Ryan Anderson may stay.
    4. Knicks will hate Melo after training camp.
    5. If we get Melo, it will be pick(s) (probably from #1 and/or #2 above), or an important role player

16. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

If not Ryno, then tell me who you are willing to trade that adds up to ~$21m in salary.

I don't buy this Ryno may stay stuff. It sounds cool ... but I'm not sure I'm willing to trade anyone else that can add up to that amount of money.

Vivi likes this.
  17. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

[​IMG]

18. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Is Morey currently furiously drafting scenarios on a napkin for this to work like he did during the infamous Iggy meeting??

19. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

Someone mentioned a buyout. Do you know if that is even possible? Sure as hell does not sound logical, but nothing does at this point.

20. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

Also something about ears. Adam Silver?

Easy likes this.