1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I would love to have Jaylen Brown

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LjGarci, Mar 21, 2023.

1. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

No Jabari and Green are our core. Trading 3 starters for Brown who is not a superstar would put us in mediocre hell for years. Brooks would be a much better fit and I think we could probably get him for secondary players and all the Brooklyn picks.

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Jaylen Brown as a sophomore averaged 14 ppg on 56% ts on 32% of his fgs made being unassisted with MORE turnovers than assists on a better structure team with better spacing and coaching (Brad ****ing Stevens)

Green as a sophmore averages 22 ppg on 54% ts on 60% unassisted rate with more assists than turnovers on a team with significantly worse structure, spacing and coaching.

No you are just undereating Green. Green if nothing catastrophic happens like some freak ACL injury will be a flat out better offensive player than Brown is right now. It's the defensive end that will determine if he's multiple tiers better than Brown is now or just similar level. But offensively it's quite obvious he will be better than Brown.

****, as a kid who just turned 21, Green has a better assist to turnover ratio than the dude you want to trade the entire roster for who's finished his development and is in his prime.

Mathloom likes this.
  3. Reeko

Reeko Member

trading both Green and Smith for Jaylen Brown is wild

Mathloom likes this.
  4. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

I love posts like this that don’t explain why Green is overrated. Tell you what — show me another player who averaged 21+ points his second year that you consider a good comparator to Green.

5. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

That's a LOT dude.

If we get a defensive anchor Jabari might be a better defender than Brown as soon as next season and if his shot keeps falling it's not going to be hard to match most of Brown's offensive output. He's 20 years old, 6'11 with a 7'1 wingspan and his shot only started coming around a few weeks ago. Brown is a good defender but not elite. He is beatable in that category, Tatum, Smart, Williams, Williams and previously Horford are all better defenders than him.

Then you're going to throw in Green who is abusing Brown's rookie and freshman seasons offensively? It took Brown till his 5th year age 24 to eclipse Jalen's current 22ppg. He has a slightly better efficiency that season but a much easier and highly assisted shot profile as fchowd pointed out. In 2019-2020 when Brown was already 23, he was the 6th best defender by defensive rating in the rotation. Only Gordon Hayward, Brad Wanamaker, Grant Williams and Kemba Walker were worse. Come on now. Do you TRULY understand how stars develop or do you only selectively remember what you want? You think Jaylen Brown came into this league and we were sure by age 21 he's going to be an excellent two way player and he's going to put on the muscle he needs and he's going to improve his handles enough? I know it's our first time tanking in a while, but have a look around for gods sake.

What the heck would Boston even want two kids for they are title contenders minus one great sidekick if Brown leaves. Proposal doesn't make sense for us.