1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I woke up this morning and the Rockets still suck

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SamFisher, Oct 29, 2022.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I was really surprised at how unathletic and average at finishing Bari looked but I think folks who scouted him knew that.

2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Well, we have some, but not much, protection on those picks, so they're not exactly handed over, and if Lebron and Davis can't win games, I'm not sure what he's going to do here or if he's going to be happy coming here. Combine all that with the fact he's turning 30 soon and is questionable lately with his health, and I'm going to stick with "for what?" I'd rather be in the cellar than win 30-35 games (maybe) with Davis and then be guaranteed to hand those picks over to OKC.

i3artow i3aller and Denovo like this.
  3. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Only way to not wake up with the Rockets still sucking is to not wake up

4. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I don't know if he's "unathletic", but I think pretty much everybody knew he wasn't a freak athlete and that he wasn't going to be great in the post/at the rim because he kind of proved that in college. The one thing I was worried about was his shot, because that's what he was known for, but the NBA 3 is longer and the defenses are faster and faster to adapt. He's still young, he's still got time to figure it out, so, just like I'm waiting to see what Jalen has to offer, I'll wait for him, too. For now, I'm hoping he's going to be able to play defense because I loved what I saw in the pre-season with that, but like I always say... that's summer league/pre-season. This is for real. lol. I just hope he doesn't have to defend 250+ lbs big boys in the paint much. He's not built for that yet.

5. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

We are a young and inexperienced team that is going to need time to learn how to win games together. We are trying out a young, natural SG, with issues, at PG, to see if we can make that work (I personally think they will end of bringing in a real PG and move him to 6th man). We are undersized and inexperienced at C right now.

I think a lot of people on here hyped this team up based on summer league and pre-season. A lot of people were talking about making the play-in tournament or better. Based on what? Those were unreal expectations and now you upset. Our schedule to begin the season is probably one of the toughest in the league so that is not helping matters. This is a process that will take a few years to start showing something (no matter who the coach is).

6. albuster

albuster Member

This current situation that you just described is very dangerous for these young players who could develop a losing attitude and culture. If things don't turn around soon the future of these talented guys may be iffy regardless of which team they play for going forward.

Hank McDowell, DaDakota and Carpe82 like this.
  7. carib

carib Member

Let us hope going forward the team improves the rest of the way. The starters are getting better, hopefully there is less of pressers of Silas stating that the team did do certain things that were planned.
    I hope the bench unit gets settled, with some guys hustling and disruptive defensively and running on the break.
    I am curious to see a lineup of Tate, Martin Jr, Eason and Garuba with a shooter/scorer also on the bench or a starter.

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

I’m going to bed tonight and the Rockets and Texans still suck.

DaDakota, Corrosion and PeterKingX like this.
  9. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

This is my concern too. It’s a legitimate issue, especially if there is no veteran leadership to guide them. It’s why Eric Gordon is important, and also why they need to move him if he doesn’t want to provide it. It’s literally his only purpose. But, yeah, these guys can’t get too comfortable with the losing, and my fear is that they are. It’s a seriously bad habit.

PeterKingX likes this.
  10. VanityHalfBlack

Same results

SamFisher and dobro1229 like this.
  11. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I woke up this morning and @SamFisher still sucks lol

12. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

A slight change in the Texans trajectory now!

J.R. and VanityHalfBlack like this.
  13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

At least the Texans no longer suck.

VanityHalfBlack and Plowman like this.
  14. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Woke up this morning with a wine glass in my hand
    Whose wine? What wine? Where the hell did I dine?
    Must have been a dream I don't believe where I've been
    Come on, let's do it again

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  15. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

We dine and whine.

17. jim1961

jim1961 Member

And we will do it again and again.

daywalker02 likes this.
  18. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

IIRC this thread was started all the way in the second week of the season when I realized the 22-23 Rockets were irretrievably ensconced in the pit of despair.

My biggest regret - taking 2 weeks to realize this.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Great. I did not wake up, still in Phase 1.5.........JG, JSJ, AT all so raw.....

SamFisher likes this.
  20. AXG

AXG Member

Yep, new year same results. I was cautiously optimistic for some improvements but getting blown out by Orlando and losing to San Antonio, who is a borderline G League sans Wemby is not a good sign.

juanm34 likes this.