1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I Will Never Trust James Harden again. It's too painful.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DreamShook, May 10, 2019.

1. JackLordsHair66

Pains me to agree with this but this is spot on !

2. Classic

Classic Member

Lost 5 straight elimination games
    Yeesh

3. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

If the best player fails to rally the team in a critical game, it’s the best player to blame. So it is with the coach.

That’s a brutal, simple, and many times painful reality.

I don’t get it why it’s difficult for people to accept that.

4. Lawlruschang

Lawlruschang Member

He wasn’t amazing for the entirety of the game. Neither were Curry or Klay. Why do we blame him but not Curry for going scoreless in the first half?

Offensively and defensively the Warriors coaching is superior, and they would never have called that 4th quarter offensive foul (Harden vs Draymond) on Curry or Klay, nor would they have allowed any Warrior to get hammered under the basket like Capela vs Draymond and not call a foul.

5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

He let them off the hook every time.. Every single time..

#105 DreamShook, May 10, 2019
    Last edited: May 10, 2019
  6. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Don't edit your post, you call me a liar you leave that out there. :p

I agree with you though, MDA should have played Faried when Capela was a mess, but even then he was likely to be a big problem on defense. They have to get a better roster and I don't really see how they can.

7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

The game was tied in winning time then Curry showed up. Harden walked the ball up.

hou$tonScrew$tonTX and yixiixiy like this.
  8. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Averages more than 5 turnovers per game in elimination games.

hou$tonScrew$tonTX likes this.
  9. Lawlruschang

Lawlruschang Member

Curry was scoreless in the first half lol. Harden contributed throughout the game.

10. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

The problem wasn’t the offense. The problem the last two games was rebounding. And in this game rebounding and turnovers. It’s literally what allowed the Warriors to stay in the game and gave them a chance at the end. Also Clint played like a scrub. I just don’t know where we go from here. MDA is gone though...

11. Lawlruschang

Lawlruschang Member

Factually true. Harden did enough to get us leads at various points in the game. Gerald Green personally trimmed our 7 pt lead in the 4th to 2.

12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I thought that was too harsh. It was my opinion. I'm really angry, but I can't call you a liar, off my opinion.

justtxyank likes this.
  13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I don't know, but it should fire you up more than what Capela and CP3 did for the majority of this series.

14. thumps

thumps Contributing Member

The style of play, the ref-baiting and complaining, and the choking in the playoffs...that's not a good combination.

15. biina

biina Member

This is on a lot of people, but Harden failed not going down trading shots with Curry.

It was evident he was nervous when he started bricking FTs. He choked!

16. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

I’ve been sitting in front of the computer for a half hour trying to figure out what to post...I give up! I’m literally speechless...well maybe not...

The only thing I know for certain is that I’m not going to try to defend this team anymore. If someone says something negative about the Rockets, I WILL STAY QUIET!!! It’s one thing if your teams sucks....that’s not the case with this team, THIS TEAM CHOKES!! The sad thing is that we are stuck with this team for the next couple of years! I don’t trust Morley, I don’t fear the Beard...not anymore!!!

17. T for 3

T for 3 Member

What your saying is true. If we would have played well for the first 3 quarters we wouldn’t have had to rely on harden down the stretch. But we didn’t. And harden proved again that he can’t be the guy to will his team to a win in a big playoff game . Point totals don’t really matter. five of his points in the fourth were essentially after gs was in a commanding position....

18. icewill36

icewill36 Member

because draymond comes to set a pick for curry, we double with draymonds man, curry gets it to dray, and he is a great facilitator for a big. he is then playing 4 on 3, with 2nd best floor spacer next to curry, in klay thompson.

if we set a pick on harden with capela and they double, he gives it to clint, what is clint going to do with it ? or we set a pick with cp3, he gets it but he is only 6' and not as quick as he used to be. he cant pick teams apart as much anymore because of this. play at a much slower pace than them. james and cp3 arent comfortable playing as fast as the warriors.

19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Nah. I'm tired of Harden's play style and demeanor. He's the best player on the team. He sets horrible examples for his teamates.

20. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

It's all good man. We're posting brothers haha.

DreamShook likes this.