1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I Will Never Trust James Harden again. It's too painful.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DreamShook, May 10, 2019.

1. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Harden cant play under pressure.

The dude is mentallly weak.

everyday eddie and bj3175 like this.
  2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Starts with the coach.

MDA goes SMALL at one point like...wtf...

Warriors stayed big all game long. Kerr knew what was up. He had scrubs for bigs but they were still bigs. We over here playing 3 guard lineups with a SF, no wonder we don't get rebounds.

All MDA cares about is scoring, that's all he's concerned with, when playoff games get gritty like this...I dunno.

Helps them that we didn't have Ariza who is long, tough, gritty, but nothing we can do about the f'n Suns overpaying him for no reason at all.

3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Yeah I'm a pretty optimistic person too. But I'm not out here whining for Harden anymore.. I don't know if I can watch all these games and know this will be the finish line.

Bearded13, J Sizzle and Roomba like this.
  4. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

For me it isn't about "moral victories" it's about trying to figure out how you get better. If Harden was the problem you need to deal with that. I don't see him as the problem at all in this series and specifically not tonight. They got punked for 3 quarters by playing the Warriors bench to a draw. That's pathetic. The rebounding issues...I just can't express enough anger about it.

everyday eddie and B-Bob like this.
  5. slapyomoma

slapyomoma Member

Please stop blaming Harden. Harden doesn't force Capella to play like garbage. Harden can't make the coach make adjustments that everyone but the coach can see. Harden can't make role players make shots. Harden doesn't sit players like Chris Paul in Game 6 and Austin Rivers in game 2 sit when they are hot and put in Shumpert. Harden didn't sign Capella and CP3 to crappy contracts. These are not faults of Harden and Harden isn't the reason this team got their asses handed to them by The Warriors 4 times out of the last five years. Please stop blaming Harden for this garbage.

bobloblaw and basketball like this.
  6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I was annoying as hell all season, I’m sure. But it’s because I can’t stand watching a team that should be special settle for less. And when you have Harden at the helm...that’s what you get sometimes...

DreamShook likes this.
  7. {icebox425}

{icebox425} Member

Please. As if last year wasn't enough?

No more excuses. It's the least we can do for ourselves. We sound like victims of domestic violence making excuses for our violent partner.

8. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

This. Even though they had a 7 point lead in the fourth the fact that it was tied at halftime was problematic. They should have been up 10 at the half and given themselves room for an eventual warriors run.

9. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

We were up 7 and had the ball 2x and with a chance to extend and get it out of hand but MDA had Green in the dam game.

Why does green play this game when we need it most? Play shump he’s what got us here play rivers never play green.

This game is terrible.

This team needs a make over this was the year and we botched it.

Clint is a fine player but looney had a bigger impact and he makes 16 mil less. You can find a guy to do what Clint does. It’s time to move on. And I like Gordon also but we gotta just change it up and get a real big 3 otherwise this is what’s going to keep happening even if kd leaves next year.

lilbird20 and everyday eddie like this.
  10. icewill36

icewill36 Member

i agree, but last year had an excuse. this time there is no choice but to look in the mirror and hopefully get angry and vow to never lose again because you didnt leave it all on the floor.

11. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

We needed to gut them in the first 3. Playing a tight game with the Warriors in the 4th is so dangerous.

Dantoni playing Capela so much when he was befuddled will haunt me.

lilbird20, DreamShook and {icebox425} like this.
  12. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I don't think we can do it.

13. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Anything?

14. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I see the entire systemic play style of Harden being the problem. Our offense is too predictable.

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

All I'm saying is Harden didn't have much help out there. He did get doubled, passed out, and nothing comes from it.

We double Curry and it immediately leads to Green going to the rim...why? Because Clint is slow rotating over. I want people to watch those last few plays, they did the same thing over and over.

16. jowman

jowman Member

This team with these main players will NEVER win the big one. It's not a talent problem (why Westbrook wont win) or a heart problem (harden and CP made plays). Its fate. The team came close in each of the games, but for one reason or another came up short, or started hitting shots too little to late.

Hard work and talent are just a piece of the puzzle, luck and fate dictate a lot of the bounces in sports. Houston rockets with the current team will NOT win an important series. Trying doesnt matter etc. The warriors will get the 4th title or Giannis will get his first. Tilman is a loser and with him at the helm, with the cap space locked up in these players it just wont happen.

everyday eddie and J Sizzle like this.
  17. bj3175

bj3175 Member

You can see when the moment comes he doesn't make his presence felt on the game. He does not make an impact

PeterKingX and DreamShook like this.
  18. icewill36

icewill36 Member

we outrebounded them by 5, and finished with less turnovers..... this game really game down to steph curry closing it out, and james didnt if we are being honest. 23 points in the 4th quarter for curry. thats the game.

19. THELANDLORD

THELANDLORD Member

Lets get the tissues ready for James' presser in a minute here

20. MD_in_Training

So why even bring up trying to get a 1b?

Only logical option here is blow it up and rebuild. We have no realistic chance of landing a 1b.