1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I Will Never Trust James Harden again. It's too painful.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DreamShook, May 10, 2019.

1. Purvis2Short

Purvis2Short Member

I agree with everything you've said. When Capela didn't dive on the floor for that loose ball when we were down, I knew it was over.

2. Magicsaint

Magicsaint Member

He played ok. Could have done better. I just think D'Antoni strategy of outscoring is not working. I just do not understand his defensive strategy either. Cant stop Klay and Curry when they are shooting lights out but could have at least used Faried for paint defense and rebounding when getting killed on rebounding by Looney!!

3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

HARDEN IS THE ****ING GUY.. He is supposed to put us on his back when everyone else is inept.. I'm so angry and sad and disappointed... When **** is close you win like Curry. did He played like an ass hole and the game was still close then ended the game.. Harden doesnt do that he passes and chokes.

Never again.

4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Think about what you just said. It's an elimination game against a long time rival who you never could beat and now have the best chance of doing and you play ****ing passive?

5. hajkov

hajkov Consummate Member

no? did you watch the last 3 minutes when he just hid behind the defense and let ****ING GORDON TO SET THE PLAYS?

6. nigma2000

nigma2000 Member

I would even take Kyrie right about now as a sidekick to Harden while his value is so low. We won’t be able to get anybody else, and while we are at Gordon and Capela are front and center on the trading block

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

You're right but if CP3 doesn't peace out for 5 games we sweep them.

KelvinCato13 likes this.
  8. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

He deserves whatever narratives come his way. He’ll never win a ring. He’ll never take over and say FU to the other team like Curry did to us tonight.

9. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I guess I don't get it. Harden scored 8 points in the final 6 minutes. He played fine. He didn't go bananas like Steph.

The loss tonight happened in the first 3 quarters when the Rockets didn't hustle for rebounds and let Kevon Looney cook them repeatedly. I just have never seen a team that cared less about rebounding than the Rockets. The number of times they stood their and let a Warrior just stand next to them, no body on them, to grab a board was silly. That was the embarrassing part. When it was tied at half I knew we were losing this game.

The offense was humming but we had zero intensity on defense and on the boards.

10. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

People here ridicule Curry for his defense but at least Curry tries hard to defend and move without the ball extremely well. Harden doesn't even try to run and was just standing there the whole time. I know the game the game plan is to make Iguodala shoot but you can't even get you hand up to contest??? I bet even Shaq can make a couple of them if you let me shoot wide open.

I HATE HIM. I REALLY HATE HIM AFTER THIS GAME. I'VE HAD ENOUGH. TRADE THIS b****.

kyle7758521 likes this.
  11. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

Another overreaction thread about Harden costing us the game. What a surprise.

I hope Harden goes and we don't even make it to the playoffs next year. People will b**** about anything.

12. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

I get being frustrated with Harden after all he is the face of the franchise but tonight and frankly this series is not on him. Eric Gordon is the variable on this team. When he plays well the rockets win when he doesn’t tonight happens.

13. Homey the Clown

It is what it is. History isn't on his side. MVPs don't get the luxury of not taking the blame. He and his teams will be remembered as chokers in the playoffs. That narrative has already been set. JVG made a great point about stats and numbers not mattering in losses. They only matter in wins. History and narratives will only remember the outcome for the losers. Rockets fans are the only one's saying Harden isn't to blame yet everyone else is saying the opposite. Dude is a potential 2 time MVP. That's what happens. It is what it is.

kyle7758521 likes this.
  14. bullman0036

bullman0036 Member

Yeah - probably never gonna get it done with Harden as the #1 option. He is a great scorer but he lacks the leadership. McHale might be right the whole time.

He’s not a winner because he simply doesn’t want it enough. He’s not where near Lebron/KD/Stephen from that front. Guys like Dame who play their heart out in the playoffs deserve more respect

15. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Warriors gonna sign Austin rivers in the off season and corner the market on light skin players.

BruceAndre and pippendagimp like this.
  16. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I’m done with these moral victories for Harden.

“We would have been swept if not for Harden”. That’s great. I’m happy we weren’t swept. But every game was decided by 6 points or less. Harden’s the guy. He continues to let the Warriors punk him.

Now...sure...he’s not the most to blame. Capela, D’Antoni, and Paul were obviously more harmful. But this is Harden’s team. I’m tired watching him be passive. It’s his team and his legacy and he seems perfectly fine letting himself be defined as the Warriors doormat.

mtbrays and kyle7758521 like this.
  17. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Harden deserves blame, but I can't ever trust MDA to coach in the playoffs again.

18. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

I think I'm as optimistic a fan as can possibly be, and right now I'm seriously considering adopting the Mavs Nowitzki mindset...expect nothing, and be pleasantly surprised if the 'ship comes. It's making me so incredibly sad that it's come to this, but at least with this mindset I can enjoy the games more.

Easier said than done though..I'm too f*cking invested in the Rockets. I wish I could buy a drink for everyone cool on Clutchfans. Hang out and talk **** and forget about the season. I'm not even mad. just deflated

BaselineFade and DreamShook like this.
  19. icewill36

icewill36 Member

all i can hope for, is that this will finally be enough to make him into a killer. think about all the major heartbreak dirk went through before he finally stopped giving a fukk about the talk and pressure and just decide to go at everyones neck.

20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Man CP3 has no hamstrings.. he paced himself.. Harden should have done whatever he could.. Thei game CP# showed up because he knew what had to be done.. and still Harden choked..

ilovehtownbb likes this.