1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I Will Never Trust James Harden again. It's too painful.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DreamShook, May 10, 2019.

1. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I dont think Harden is capable of leading a team to a ring. Has nothing to do with his numbers.

When he's needed most he's rarely there. And he's terrible at setting the tone for the team like a championship leader is supposed to.

His style of play is often going to lead to good numbers but it's not championship basketball.

A prime cp3 would've been good but harden is not a best player on a championship team.

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

Me either. Harden led teams are a pure gimmick. Playoff harden is real and he’s absolute trash

3. N2bnfunn

N2bnfunn Member

JAMES HARDEN WE CANNOT WIN WITH THIS GUY.. Year after Year he will choke in big games period and go to the club later tonight.

PeterKingX likes this.
  4. Mathloom

Mathloom Contributing Member

Harden didn't do anything wrong. He is worth every penny we pay him. He deserves every award he's ever gotten. He is one of the most gifted scorers of all time.

But my mind has now totally shifted from seeing us as needing a 2nd or 3rd player to needing a 1B. Unfortunately we got Paul too late. It's time to re-tool and try to go after the 1% of NBA players who get better in pressure situations. No knock on James, for real. We just need another element.

5. jnuge90

jnuge90 Member

How is nobody talking about Harden carelessly throwing the ball away on that late inbounds?? We need an offensive change if we're keeping him. I can't do another year of this

6. icewill36

icewill36 Member

the series is not his fault, but THIS game, he was not nearly aggressive enough late. you could just see it in his body language he didnt want to takeover. he was not attacking them hard. we needed the james that went on that incredible streak mid season. they were not even trapping him that hard. he came off the picks slow instead being determined to get to the rim or draw a crowd. he didnt do enough tonight. he wasnt awful, but he wasnt good enough to beat a two time defending champ playing with house money. this is why game 5 was so devastating to me because i knew it was going to just take pressure off them and put it on us.

steph curry put his team on his back in the 4th, and james didnt.

bro2044 likes this.
  7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

If anyone comes in here saying Harden did fine should be hit in the neck. He could have scored 40+ this game but was just walking it up making it easy on GSW.. CP3 had 20+ for goodness sake..

I mean just the fear of everyone laughing at him should be motivation enough.

This is so humiliating as a Rockets fan..

I think Harden loves to be humiliated.

8. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Harden doesn't have "it" when it really matters. He'll get you numbers and 50 plus wins in the regular season but when it really matters in the playoffs, he just can't make the big time plays when the team needs it the most. He has dumb TOs and the worst times, he's just not a championship number 1.

9. Asian Sensation

Steve Francis with a beard.

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

We would have been swept if it weren't for Harden.

I blame CP3 more for going M.I.A for 5 games and I blame MDA for being dummy, Harden 3rd most blame for being passive.

nacho bidness likes this.
  11. Purvis2Short

Purvis2Short Member

OMG, the timely turnovers, nonchalant passes, dribbling until the end of the clock and missing shots all in the 4th quarter. It's supposed to be winning time. This dude choked and it's magnified because he is suppose to be our best player.

12. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is D’Antonis fault
    We were up seven and we took bad shots and had no ball movement

13. PWR

PWR Member

Im with you.
    Im just done.
    The trust is all the way gone.

Not just Harden...the entire team is all talk. When it's time to put up or shutup, they tuck their tails. Its weak bulls##t. No one should be exempt from possible firings or trade talks.

hou$tonScrew$tonTX likes this.
  14. MD_in_Training

And how do you propose we do that?

15. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

We need more playmakers around harden. Cp3 Ain’t it. When curry gets doubled and passes off the double team, beautiful things happen from Draymond iggy or klay. They know how to help off the double team of curry. The rockets haven’t figured out how to help off of harden traps. They don’t move around well enough. We need some new blood and identity. Get Butler. Trade Clint if you have to get him. I don’t want to see Clint against GSW anymore. I’m exhausted of it.

ak99999 and everyday eddie like this.
  16. Mr. Space City

He has no killer instinct. That’s what separates him from the Jordan’s, Kobe’s, and even Wade’s.

All the records, advanced stats, PER, TS%. None of it matters.

He’s not a killer.

17. nacho bidness

nacho bidness Member

I felt he made great decisions all night

I need video evidence of his failure

He made passes to open people scared to drill their three point opportunities and a big man completely neutered by I don't know what

still maintain it should have been a blowout

18. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

You can win with Harden but not by overly relying on him like this Rockets team does for creating or scoring 75% of their baskets.

It gets exposed even more when going against a stacked team year after year.

Honestly, its a poorly coached team that just lets Harden play schoolyard ball, and Warriors expose that.

Even if this team had moved past the Warriors, Bucks' defense would have embarrassed this team's offense.

19. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

we talking about mj numbers, will number, so ****ing wat, he can't do jack **** in the playoff. I don't care about the nubmers

20. touring_low

touring_low Member

Break up the whole team, tank and rebuild is the only way.