1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I will be appearing on the show Cold Pizza tomorrow...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by CBrownFanClub, Jan 1, 2004.

1. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

What about:

If you were a hotdog, would you eat yourself?

or am I too late :(

2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I just read your whole website again. It's GREAT! :D

3. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

Fade and Stupidmoniker,

having a few computer troubles tonight, follow my instructions later in the day

Smeg

4. SmeggySmeg

should work now

5. Johnny Rocket

Johnny Rocket Contributing Member

can you email me the info about seeing it? my email is john at johng.us

Thanks

6. SmeggySmeg

fade check your email, i've replied

johnny sent just now

7. Iron McFist

Iron McFist Member

8. walrus

walrus New Member

cbfc.com fan here,

The whole video is here, in the fourth link in the post.

9. walrus

walrus New Member

10. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

I only see three links in that post walrus. The last one is Smeg on the Rudy T show.

11. walrus

walrus New Member

That was odd timing. Apparently, Stupid Moniker complained about a bad link 2 minutes after I posted a correction.

12. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

13. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

That'll teach me to post without refreshing first. :eek:

14. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

nice guess.....but no cigar..:p

15. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

No, that was RIET. I meant the board.

16. CBrownFanClub

CBrownFanClub Contributing Member

Hello all:
    Thanks for all the kind words and support, it has been very nice to have people to share the experience with.

The segment was very hastily arranged, and seems to have been done at great expense. I mean, they flew both Chucky and I (and offered to fly my wife, who could not go due to work obligations...) and they had done a bizarre amount of research on the Fan Club and Chucky, The segment was approximately twenty seconds, so I don't really get how it was cost efficient (there was absolutely nothing time-sensitive about the bit, so it could have been anytime...). But whatever.

The people at the show were preposterously nice. The three female hosts were very kind and playful, all ate brownies, hang out in the green room, asked questions, asked for honest feedback on the show... very nice. Apparently thea, the one who interviewed Chucky and me is on the show Playmakers, and Chucky was psyched to meet her. I thought he said "I saw you in Playmates," and that it was a playboy thing or something. "Playmakers." Mental note.

I still had not really watched the Cold Pizza program before being on it, but I might watch it now. They have a nice spirit to it, zero attitude, and seem to be authenitcally trying to do a good show. The actual experience of being a five-second guest on their show was much more pleasant than I expected.

As for the segment itself, it was pretty whatever. It was not at all funny. Chucky Brown himself is not supposed to be an inherently funny interview, and it might have been sorta pointless to have the fan club there without letting it loose somewhat. The producer was a little rigid about "here are your three questions" beforehand, and I tried to have something decent ready. I don't think they really conceptualized how it would "work" having us both there. A producer was holding a tray of brownies off camera, but Thea the interviewer was not sure where they were, and skipped it. All in all, it did not really 'work', but its a little notch in the Fan Club belt, and I'll take it. Of course, they did not even ask the three questions they were going to ask. Next time.

For the record, Chucky Brown is the nicest and most relaxed and patient guy ever. He kills me -- totally cool with my garbage. I have no idea why. I have chatted with him before, but we actually spent a few hours, and he is just plain friendly, humble and nice. He is not really keeping up with the NBA right now -- he is more focused on college basketball and even football. He likes watching the Lakers, Lebron, and his favorite player to watch is Allen Iverson. Iverson will actually make him watch a pro game.

Chucky is in shape, ready to play if called on, but he is not counting on it. He is mentoring guys in the NBDL and doing a little freelance scouting for the Cavs. But he was real interested in what is up with Rockets, the whole Rudy being forced out stuff, Eddie Griffin, Yao, Van Gundy, etc. He was very impressed with Yao, but he has only really watched that Xmas Laker game. Shocked that Rockets dont sell out anymore. Loved Houston. "The people there treated me so good." He was inquisitive, asking me questions like I knew something, which was funny. "How do those guys like playing for Van Gundy?" Gave me a Troy Barros complex for a second. "You know, Chucky, honestly, I have no freaking idea."

Anyway, here are some of the pics.

Before the interview:
    [​IMG]

Me and Kit, who was very cheerful and nice:
    [​IMG]

NY CBFC President Drew Willis and Kit eat a brownie:
    [​IMG]

Chucky and Erin, the very-nice makeup girl
    [​IMG]

Self portrait of Chucky and Thea and me
    [​IMG]

Chucky and Drew polishing off the brownie after the show
    [​IMG]

So there you have it. Good vibe, everyone was in good spirits. I was wishing the BBSers could have been there -- it was a good time, hard to really convey the fun.

thanks again

ps. FYI, Turns out Joe Klein invented the Kiss Of Death. Mario was just returning the kiss that Klein had sent to the Rockets bench a few minutes before.

17. Mr. Mooch

Mr. Mooch Contributing Member

Are those....MARSHMALLOWS on a ChuckyBrownie?!?!?!

Who was better, Kit or Thea?

18. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I swear you ruined the second picture from the top and the second picture from the bottom by making that exact same face :D.