1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I was wrong about House

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by buzz1701, Aug 21, 2020.

1. buzz1701

buzz1701 Contributing Member

it's not just one game...House has had good games before, this is improvement (I hope)

roslolian, UTSA2step and D-rock like this.
  2. Landsdale

Landsdale Member

I won't eat crow but I will give the man props. I always saw potential in him and believed he had the tools. That being said I never thought he was playoff ready until now. That is a testament to him working and studying his ass off. I have full confidence in him now, even in the clutch moments of a playoff game.

UTSA2step, Hakeemtheking and D-rock like this.
  3. D-rock

D-rock Member

Huge improvement from postseason to postseason.

4. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Posters here like to make absolute statements about players. As if players especially young ones don’t develop or get more comfortable in a system with time.
    The whole “I told you he’ll never be whatever” is tired and lame. There’s a reason a certain volume poster is constantly wrong, when you make assumptions on players finished skills based on a game by game basis you’ll be wrong a lot.

hakeem94, HP3 and D-rock like this.
  5. bongman

bongman Member

Love to keep him but with his salary, he will always be in the middle of trade talks. He can be an attractive trade piece for a 3rd star.

jcmoon and D-rock like this.
  6. SORF

SORF Member

Add me to the list...sorry House. You are TEAM Rockets. Keep it up.

jcmoon and D-rock like this.
  7. TheRedRanger

TheRedRanger Member

Roco and House have been like a younger Ariza an Luc

hakeem94, Tfor3 and D-rock like this.
  8. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

House is a train.

It's hard to stop a train.

9. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

OKC is an extremely mediocre offense (ranked 16th IIRC) so I would also take that into consideration. The way I see it OKC is a great team to play against in preparation for a 2nd round. Team is doing great, the defense is legit terrifying the younger Thunder players.

ashleyem and Hakeemtheking like this.
  10. D-rock

D-rock Member

11. JW86

JW86 Member

I think it's fair we were a bit hard on him given how he totally went vanilla (Wafer) on us last year's play-offs. We knew he could bring it in the regular season from time to time, but give him kudos for improving. I think having RoCo has also helped him out as he's now really the 3 and last year he had to sub in at the 4 and got constantly overpowered. Defense was always alright, we knew he could shoot the 3, but now that he has the confidence and improved skills - it seems - to get by his man we might have something serious here.

To be frank, he has still been inconsistent but for a large part of the season I've been wanting him to start. He has showed why, even if McLemore seemed better when in the starting line-up earlier this year, and it has paid off. I just pray when Westbrook comes back that he stays a starter as I don't want to see Gordon replace him. That will hurt his confidence and we need Gordon to do his driving with that bench squad alongside Rivers. With WB and Harden starting, that's enough driving force. Anyway, thank god House found a home in Disney World and will continue to show that magic. That 3 ball needs to come down hard like Big Thunder Mountain on Oklahoma consistently now as well.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

13. D-rock

D-rock Member

That is sick.

saleem likes this.
  14. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

It’s great that he can do more than just move off the ball.

D-rock likes this.
  15. psaman17

psaman17 Member

I'd like to point out that i've always been bullish on House. I'll eat crow on Mclemore ( i thought he was complete trash but turned out to be our most reliable shooter) but i'm holding my House stock till the end.

He has good size.
    Moves well laterally.
    Athleticism on the open court is 2nd only to Westbrook on this team.
    3 point shooting is decently reliable.

With those tools, there isn't any reason why he shouldn't be a quality rotational player on any playoff team.

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

2nd best 3 pt shooter next to Bmac

D-rock likes this.
  17. roslolian

roslolian Member

I disagree his salary makes him immovable already cuz it is just great value. As good as House is he is just a roleplayer he isn't gonna be an attractive piece for a 3rd star. Teams would def want him to complement the stars they already have but the Rox are in ring chasing mode not asset acquiring mode. Maybe when we move on from Harden era we can flip him for a low pick or something but his current contract is only 3 years long so he would be a FA by then.

18. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Before Robert Covington came to the Rockets. Danuel House was regressing as a player which was really concerning at the time. When Robert Covington came to the Rockets Danuel became a way better player. There is no doubt Robert is teaching Danuel how to play elite defense at the Small Forward Position and how to cut to the basket for open layups and get open offenive rebounds. His ballhandling, Crossover, Drive to the basket and for out to open 3 Point Shooters, His Playmaking has been Huge for this Rockets Team.

D-rock likes this.
  19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Well as President of the D. House fan club, I welcome you to the team.

:)

DD

20. D-rock

D-rock Member

*** House!